Financing Issues Frustrate Henson-Valentine Deal

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
As long as it's "Walt Disney presents Jim Henson's Muppets" - I am fine.
Yeah same here, thats what i was thinking. There was some stuff printed with 'Disneys Muppets' at the time of the failed merger but i expect they test it all ways to see how it looks. I doubt anybody would get rid of the Jim Henson name entirely because it's such a part of the company value.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I doubt anybody would get rid of the Jim Henson name entirely because it's such a part of the company value.
I would also call that a 'material breach', heh. It's bad enough JHC took the JH signature off Farscape...what, they thought fans would think its 'Muppets From Space'?

I feel bad for JHC. In 2002 they never got their full buyout they had hoped, they got screwed by Nascar at the last minute ontheir big Chicago Speedway thing, Farscape got cancelled, they had to greatly downsize their Muppet builder shop, etc.

HEres to 2003 being the turnaround for them.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Cory,

I agree with you there, and yeah JHC taking the name off Farscape - i suppose Henson thought people might not take it seriously if they had the same name as 'The Muppets' have on their stuff. I think that was a shame - i hope whoever takes over has the sense to turn JHC into a production house for all ages and areas - i'd like to see em do some adult puppet stuff without the Muppets ..... maybe a new puppet sitcom.

I do however have news to report - EMTV ARE now putting their logo on the merchandise - i saw it for the first time today in the UK on the new plush range. It's a small black rectangle with EMTV in the middle and two lines. There's also 'Licensed By EMTV' in the credits too. Not too bad though - it's all fairly small and way away from the 'Jim Henson' name.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I do however have news to report - EMTV ARE now putting their logo on the merchandise - i saw it for the first time today in the UK on the new plush range. It's a small black rectangle with EMTV in the middle and two lines. There's also 'Licensed By EMTV' in the credits too. Not too bad though - it's all fairly small and way away from the 'Jim Henson' name.
And if Disney were to handle Muppet merchandise, you would most likely just see the Disney logo on the back or on the tag saying "Disney Consumer Products" or the "Disney Store" logo, right? Man, we still talk about Disney. :smile:

I remember seeing several EM.TV logos with Kermit and an F1 racecar on them. Though they tick me off, they do make nice wallpaper on my desktop. Go figure.

beaker

Reaction score
EMTV ARE now putting their logo on the merchandise - i saw it for the first time today in the UK on the new plush range. It's a small black rectangle with EMTV in the middle and two lines. There's also 'Licensed By EMTV' in the credits too. Not too bad though - it's all fairly small and way away from the 'Jim Henson' name.
They are just *now* doing this? Oh man...a little late in the day, heh.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
can't emtv just put on the tag "jim henson company"..although they own half the company, it would be nicer to have that lable than emtv.....

i wouldn't be a big fan of disney if i saw a muppet product that had a tag that read the disney store or something similar to that...

ryan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i wouldn't be a big fan of disney if i saw a muppet product that had a tag that read the disney store or something similar to that...

ryan
Well, I'd understand if Disney the "Disney Store" logo on Muppet product if it was available at their store. I'd think it'd be bad taste if it was "Disney's Muppets" or "Disney's Bear in the Big Blue House," but if the tags or whatever say "Disney Store" or "Disney Consumer Products" then it'd be fair since its the division of the company making the toy. Just as it is when Warner Bros. Consumer Products markets the Scooby Doo toys.