Financing Issues Frustrate Henson-Valentine Deal

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah...i thought it was supposed to air in summer, wasn't that what the report said? it would be awesome to see it sooner, though. the sooner the better!!! well i want them to spend enough time on it to make it good....

Sarah

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
they won't want to be seen as playing second fiddle to Valentine if his thing falls through, and to actually bid they have to negotiate a letter of intent - i think they'd have had to do that by now even for a last minute swoop.
Yeah, really. There's only an x amount of time after the minister says, "If there is any person who feels these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

The gears are in motion. If Disney really wanted them, the Valentine deal wouldn't have gotten this far already.

There is a fine line between holding out and missing out.

"I know some of you like to wait until the last minute....well THIS IS IT!! THIS IS THE LAST MINUTE!!!!"

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ZootandDingo
There is a fine line between holding out and missing out.
Yeah thats kinda been my theory all along - if Disney really wanted them, the swoop would have happened before any Valentine deal could be announced - now they'd have the hassle of being the company that only got the Muppets because the first choice couldn't afford them.

beaker

Reaction score
Hmmm, well barring any unforseeable last minute snafu, I guess the EMTV serpant can now kiss the bride...oy, when will the EMTV snake devour its end?

At any rate, oh gosh...I'm really hoping this Valentine thing is like a breath of fresh air, instead of a continual 12 year downward spiral toward obscurity.

If not, I'm gonna need a big hug myself. (preferable from a large Muppet of Bear proportion) *sobs*

Luke

Reaction score
As i said before, the Muppet bandwagon will likely be quiet for the first half of this yeat while they are in the studio, and also this'll give the new owners time to settle in and make whatever changes. Usually when companies change internally, there can be a period of upto six months where they are refocusing, if those changes would have come late last year when the Muppets were still out promoting it could have caused problems what with the questions and everything.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Froggy

Yeah, the Mouse would put our Muppets into working retirement :frown:

Jeez, I don't know...maybe the Henson company might do something good under this new arrangement. I would've preferred maybe Viacom or Time/Warner over the Power Rangers goof, and I didn't expect this deal at all, but I'm willing to have a good thought for the Muppets under this deal :smile:

Even though it continues to involve those lying jerks from EMTV :confused:

I don't think Jim would've wanted his frog run by liars :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Froggy

Originally posted by sidcrowe
Yeah, the Mouse would put our Muppets into working retirement :frown:

Jeez, I don't know...maybe the Henson company might do something good under this new arrangement. I would've preferred maybe Viacom or Time/Warner over the Power Rangers goof, and I didn't expect this deal at all, but I'm willing to have a good thought for the Muppets under this deal :smile:

Even though it continues to involve those lying jerks from EMTV :confused:

I don't think Jim would've wanted his frog run by liars :mad:
Word. I know some inside JHC and a lot of fans probably were hoping for the Mouse messiah...but if JHC can make it back without the mouse...more power to em. And ya know, I rather have EMTV as ghastly as it sounds, than Disney pulling strings.

Luke

Reaction score
As far as i knew, at the start Henson were very happy that EMTV were leaving them alone for the most part. It's hard for them to interfere from Germany. :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
As far as i knew, at the start Henson were very happy that EMTV were leaving them alone for the most part. It's hard for them to interfere from Germany. :big_grin:
That is one thing that is cool...only us hardcore fans and media/business people even know what the heck EM.TV is, as there logo never appears in any fine print on merchandise!
Disney...on the other hand, if they had bought out the Muppets...yikes!

Luke

Reaction score
EMTV's logo is on a lot of the press releases and international stuff (not usually merchandise). You don't remember the Kermit standing triumphantly (Hitler Style) on the red background ?