Financing Issues Frustrate Henson-Valentine Deal

Luke

Reaction score
If the Valentine deal goes through, i'd expect them to calm the whole edginess thing down a bit. I don't expect them to go back to MTI/MCC 'family' style but i'd think a more subtle mix between family and nostalgic teen orientated. If they'll be doing other shows and direct to video stuff as a 'family' brand they won't want to do a completely different style on Fox.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
If the Valentine deal goes through, i'd expect them to calm the whole edginess thing down a bit. I don't expect them to go back to MTI/MCC 'family' style but i'd think a more subtle mix between family and nostalgic teen orientated. If they'll be doing other shows and direct to video stuff as a 'family' brand they won't want to do a completely different style on Fox.
yikes!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
See, I think the only difference in the Muppets under such an agreement would be the omition of the topless nightclub reference, Pepe's cleavage gazing and that they would add more songs and gleeful stuff. That I wouldn't mind. Anymore "family" than that then they are going back to MT which didn't work.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
See, I think the only difference in the Muppets under such an agreement would be the omition of the topless nightclub reference, Pepe's cleavage gazing and that they would add more songs and gleeful stuff. That I wouldn't mind. Anymore "family" than that then they are going back to MT which didn't work.
poor pepe...doesn't that STIFLE him...

i apologize for the bad joke....

if anyone gets it...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
poor pepe...doesn't that STIFLE him...

i apologize for the bad joke....

if anyone gets it...
1. Yeah, the joke sucked. But that's 'cause Pepe doesn't say "stifle" that much.

2. Regarding your signature. I don't pick my friend's nose 'cause I don't have one. I'm very secluded. That was depressing and sorta gross at the same time.

I would say that was my two cents, but I'm unemployed.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
1. Yeah, the joke sucked. But that's 'cause Pepe doesn't say "stifle" that much.

2. Regarding your signature. I don't pick my friend's nose 'cause I don't have one. I'm very secluded. That was depressing and sorta gross at the same time.

I would say that was my two cents, but I'm unemployed.
i was just too fond of the LJS commercials...it's sad....

i meant for the grossness.....i guess i am discouraging the people of america, one grossed out person at a time...

sorry about you being unemployed....i guess that's all i can say, cause i don't know anything!

Deadwall

Reaction score
Muppets On Ebay

Just wondering... what would you all think about the EMTV putting the muppets up on Ebay?

Recently a small California town was auctioned off for millions, Eminem's home where he grew up went for millions... why not the muppets? Ha!

Of course, I think this is a really bad idea (just incase someone from EMTV is watching...)! I'm sure though, someone has entertained this idea before?

:confused:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
You know, I've always sorta avoided the whole "Muppet fans pitching in money to buy JHC" 'cause it was sort getting old, but how about (though I am a Disney supporter) Phil and some senior MC members (or some guys he meets on the street) form an investment group and they collaborate with Charles Rivkin to construct a management buyout with "members" of MC on the Board of Directors with Henson officials. The officials knowing what the Muppets "need," the fans knowing what they "want." Or vice versa.

...on second thought, forget it. If I give two more cents, I'll need to file bankruptcy. Zing.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Muppets On Ebay

Originally posted by Deadwall
Just wondering... what would you all think about the EMTV putting the muppets up on Ebay?

Recently a small California town was auctioned off for millions, Eminem's home where he grew up went for millions... why not the muppets? Ha!

:confused:
Hehe, some of us have been joking about EM.TV putting the Muppets on JHC, though ya never know:wink: (Hey we did see the Mayhem bus and a Doozer puppet!)

Yeah, that was very odd hearng about a whole town being auctioned on ebay. that same day one of the big stories was how a clandestine resaerch group funded by an alien worshpping cult produced the first human clone(AND NO, this isnt another wild cory in joke, go to msnbc.com or cnn.com for more on this)

Ya just can't make this stuff up!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
OK, Jim Hill's site said Disney backed out of bidding for JHC because it would've gotten the same deal that Valentine did, a 49.9% stake.

Is there any truth to that, and if there is, was that smart? Luke...