Flippersteps in the Sand

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Lisa... Where do I start...
Sesame Street by name and the Muppeteers' conversation about the M states...
The Great Santa Claus Switch by mention...
Rowlf's roving ways...
And of course, the introduction of Gonzo!
And a reference to The Muppet Movie explaining he's rully a plumber...
And him wanting to go up the stairs just to crash down to the floor below again...
Of course the conversation and Kermit keeps thinking of Melinda...

This is coming along vonderfully, hope you do well on your test so you can come back and post some more story soon.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
LOVE IT! I loved Kermit's meeting with Gonzo and I loved the discussion on where Rowlf was and you mentioned Minnesota and I know you had the M thing going on but I still was excited to see that. And the Great Santa Claus Switch and wow! Thanks for posting this Lisa, after being away from MC all weekend it was a nice treat to come back to! LOVE IT!

Smiles

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
“Nice to meet you too! Maybe I’ll see you around some time.”

“Yeah, maybe,” Kermit said. Under his breath he added, “In a padded cell.”
hehe. I love Gonzo!

Oh but poor Kermit! It must be rough, so many things remind him of Melinda and Ray....

MORE PLEASE!!!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow! I love this story so much!!! *squeals* I just love this story, Lisa!! :smile: :concern: Both of them, awesome!!!

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, yay! Another one of those amazing chapters that mix humour with really poignant emotion. Wowsers, you make it look so easy!

I was just thinking about how very educational, as well as entertaining this story is. I don't know a whole lot about the years before the Muppet Show, and in fact, if I'm being honest, I don't know much about the years during and after either, so it's really fascinating to read this mixture of reality and muppetational fiction. Again, I'm simply amazed by the scope of the project you've taken on here. Kudos!

Loved the M states and all the travelling Rowlf is doing, even though, as I said, I don't know enough about the actual history to look below the surface of your words. (Am I making sense? Probably not. Oh, well.)

TogetherAgain said:
Chapter Fifteen

One Month and One Week Later
August 3, 1969

“Well,” Don joked as they walked, “Today’s lunch has been brought to us by the letter ‘M’ and the number- Hey!”

“That’s not a number,” Kermit said. He turned. Don had stopped walking.
So Kermity! I like it!

He fell deaf to the conversation. In his mind, he could still see the diner, cream spilled on the floor, a fallen stool… He could see the record store when it was new, on a dark night, with Her in his arms, flowers in Her hair…
Ack, and now for the pain. I still can't get over how sad I am about Melinda and Ray. Pathetic Kermie and Piggy 4evah girl that I am, this story is almost enough for me to change my mind. Poor Kermit, how sad to lose that precious little family. You treat a difficult subject with so much dignity, Lisa, and all these wistful little reminders of what was and what could have been ring very true. Goodness knows I've been through the grieving process too many times, and all of this feels so... familiar to me. Maybe that's why it's hitting me so hard emotionally.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“I’ll meet you there, Jim!” Kermit called behind him as he left the office. He turned and walked straight into a blue furry thing, accidentally knocking it- or rather, him- down the stairs.​

“WAH-HOO!” the thing shouted as he tumbled. “LOOK OUT BELOW!” He crash-landed on the ground floor.
And that's when I knew it was Gonzo. Great dialogue here. I can just hear him scream that. Kermit's initial reaction is hilarious and I just love this whole section. Little by little the gang is coming together and I'm so excited about that!

“Neither am I!” Gonzo said enthusiastically. “Just put me down as a Whatever.”
Yay! I love that! And the Camilla conversation is just so sweet and funny!
But then you go and hit me with:
Kermit quickly looked down and away. “I-“ He stared at his flippers for a long moment. “Used to,” he whispered under his breath. “I don’t play that game,” he said.

“What do you mean?” Gonzo asked.

“I don’t date,” Kermit said firmly, still looking at his flippers. He had come to dread these conversations, and the unintentional but hard blow they dealt.
Oh, the pain! "I don't play that game." Whoa. That's so striking, and sad, but it also makes so much sense too. Ah, if only I could hug that poor frog.

Lovely, lovely job, Lisa. Really wonderful writing.

Leyla

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK boys... Ready...
*Couple or three or four Muppet penguins climb into the cannon.
Aim...
*Penguin cannon aims straight at Lisa.
If we don't get more story before the fuse burns through... Well, you'll have to get out an umbrella cause you'll be pelted with penguins.
So, more story please? Even if you don't please?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Sets up a beach umbrella and settles in behind it.>

Sorry, Ed. I'm swimming in homework today, and I don't have the next chapter typed yet. Which basically means that I just don't have time. Maybe this weekend, although I do have a paper that I'm way behind schedule on... <Sigh.> I feel so hypocratic going for a while without posting like this. Well, rest assured, when I do get around to typing and posting the next chapter, it'll be quite possibly the biggest heartwrench since chapter nine.

...Come to think of it... I'm not sure how assuring that is...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me... It's assuring, cause it means more story. And if we don't get it, well... Guess all that naggingative carma will come back to haunt you...
*Aside: No Uncle Deadly, not yet...

But if you need something to cheer you up, check out the last chapters of One Little Star.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
<Sigh.> I feel so hypocratic going for a while without posting like this. Well, rest assured, when I do get around to typing and posting the next chapter, it'll be quite possibly the biggest heartwrench since chapter nine.
Honey--it's okay to have a life, honest. When the story (or the story segment) is ripe, it's going to come barrelling out whether you have time for it or not. So relax, enjoy--eventually we'll run out of penguins....