Flippersteps in the Sand

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hugs to you Lisa, and to Kermit, and Robin.

Parts I liked... All of it, specific huh?
Kermit: But I don't have a wing.
Jimmy: It's a figure of speech.
Kermit: Speech has a figure?
Now where have I heard that humor before...

And the whole conversation was rully touching, bits of sadness with Kermit remembering/going through his memories of Ray... And meaningful with Jimmy giving Kermit a dose of reality... And sweetness with Robin's innocence and Kermit being happy and excited about taking his nephew with him back to the city.
More please.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
Now where have I heard that humor before...
Oh, I don't know... from a deer? Or maybe it was that Bill guy...

Glad you liked it, Ed!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Maybe the same place where we get our ideas right? Left.
And BTW, was that a refurrence as Beth and I asked above?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Of course it was a refurrence! You know I wouldn't just pull something coincidental out of the blue like that. ...Maybe out of the pink or the yellow or the green, but not out of the blue!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good. *Hugs Lisa again. Enjoy the cookies and glasses of milk we left for you. Gonna get some sleep.
I know, you have no schooling in the concept. But others do need it, must be something important though.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Aiiiiii!!!! And in case you didn't catch that, it was Aiiiiii!!! Literally the sound I made while reading this chapter! Wow, great dialogue between Kermit and Jimmy. I mean, there was heart and there was humor and Kermit's beginning to heal, you can see it everytime he interacts with Robin. And little Robin is so cute! And he's going with Kermit! This is so great Lisa! Keep it coming!

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, it's so exciting when you post a new part! I was rereading Swamp Call the other day and when you used the word "flippersteps" in there I was all happy and silly.

You write good. :smile:

I really like all the frogs in Kermit's life. Kermit's mom and dad, Mags, Jimmy, Robin (of course) and all the little cousins and nephews and nieces. Frogs everwhere! Let me ask you something all shy-like: I'm toying with the idea of setting some of a future story in the swamp and honestly, I think it will be your swamp, since you've done such an amzing job of realizing that place in your stories, I just can't imagine Kermit's home being any different. So I guess my question would be... would you object to that? S'okay if you do, I could change the setting, I'd just like to know one way or the other.

Anyhoo, but to your brilliant story.

I like the way Jimmy confronts Kermit and Robin's eavesdropping. It's sooo cute! I also love your description of Robin as a "dark green ball of energy". Lovely imagery.

TogetherAgain said:
“Oh,” Robin said. “Yup, that’s what I was doing!”

Jimmy struggled not to laugh. “You’re uh… You’re not supposed to do that, Robin,” he said.
Teehee! I love that! It's so cute and funny!
“Far, far away?” Robin asked, his innocent eyes shining. “Like where fairy tales are?”
Awwww! I need to cuddle Robin now!

Kermit nodded. “Next month, right.” Which means you’re only two months younger than Ray was when… Don’t think about it, Kermit. “And a little frog like you should stay with his parents, so they can take care of him.”
Ooh, but you can still break my heart in two!
Kermit's worry over taking care of Robin (his worry about taking care of anyone!) is just so touching and sad. You always hug my stories, can I hug yours? I'm going to! <Hugs story> Ah, feels good.

“Listen Kermit,” Jimmy said firmly. “I know my son. I’ve known almost since he hatched, that he’s not staying in the swamp. He’s gonna hop right out of here the first chance he gets, and I’d rather that chance be for him to go with you.”
Wow, now there's a real character moment for Robin. I didn't know that about him before, but now I believe it completely. I feel all protective of the little guy now. You better keep a close eye, Kermit.

“That’s the worst lie I’ve ever heard and you know it,” Jimmy interrupted. “And worse, you tell it to yourself, don’t you?” His voice was accusing.
Can't... speak... er, type, coherently... have fallen... apart.

“Stop blaming yourself for Ray’s death,” Jimmy whispered. “It’s not your fault, you didn’t do anything wrong, and you are perfectly competent of taking care of a young frog.” He dropped his arms to his side.
Shoot. I'm crying again. <wails> Oh, Kermit!!

I love the way you describe Kermit and Robin's relationship... it's beautiful.
Kermit's doging was both funny and adorable. I think one of my favorite parts of your writing is the way you make me remember why I love these characters all over again.

Thanks, Lisa... and don't stress to much, especially about this! We looooove you!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! (Count those Toga!)

It's soooooooooooooooooo great, I mean, the conversations and Robin's total enthusiasm, and the thought talking of Kermit, and then Jimmy breaking down every excuse, and Robin's big round eyes (i had a cartoon Robin in my mind for a second, weird huh?) And then! Whoooooooooooooooooo! You rock like a Fraggle and rule like a Gorg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiles

Reaction score
OhmyGOODness! I LOVE it! I HUG it!

I don't even know where to start! Wait. yes I do

No I lied. Just HUGS lots and lots of HUGS