Flippersteps in the Sand

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Whew! So glad they made it to Hollywood and got the rich and famous contract!
Lisa, I like how you integrate the puppeteers into the story every so often--this is complicated and you do it very well. I am dreading the day when Jim leaves them all. (Planning to address that sad reality in Kermie's Girl in the future.)
Liked the diva being a flirt diva. I love to see Piggy aggravate Kermit, but (whining a little) I wish he could get just a little comfort out of this budding relationship. Piggy can be nice <Is not a fangirl> and she would like to be very nice to Kermit. Can't we see that just a little? This "we don't have a relationship" thing is part of Kermit's resistance to being romantically close to someone, but we all know that when push comes to shove (which it's likely to if you're in a relationship with Miss Piggy), Kermit will show his true emotional colors.
I actually didn't realize that Piggy did commercials for Denny's, but I knew she did Pepperoni poppers for Pizza Hut. Somebody needs to swat her agent. (Am I the only person who really gets weirded out by eating certain things now?

Also, re Leyla's:
I love jokes where one of the muppets, often it's Kermit, points out something that they lack as an anthropomorphic animal. i.e. "Pigs don't have eyebrows."
Guilty confession: One of my all-time favorite muppet jokes is when Dr. Honeydew, who has no eyes, is dancing with a female muppet who has no mouth. When the music stops he says, "I see you have nothing to say." Makes me fall off the couch every time. Later, he says, "I see you still have nothing to say." Ridiculous, nonsensical--ahhh, classic muppety goodness. (Anybody know the name of that no-mouth female muppet?)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hey wait a second... Was that Leyla or Ru replying?
Eh, they start to blend together after a while.
Okay, smarty--Leyla is the young cute chick from Canada writing Something Worth Waiting For. I'm the old southern chick from the US of A writing Kermie's Girl and Somebody's Getting Married?

Go kiss your girlfriend already! (laughing, not mad)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody's Getting Married? Ooh, is that Hallmark Muppets #2?
Hexcellent. And as for your comment, go read the chapter I just posted and you'll see why that's impossible at the moment.

BTW: To reply to Ru...
1 Yes, that was the Muppet parody of Jessica Simpson's Pizza-Hut commercial where she sings her own version of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are/Were Made For Walking".
It was this year's Muppets/Pizza-Hut Super Bowl commercial, the third year in a row.
2 Bunsen does have eyes... Just watch TGMC during the big crowded finish to Happiness Hotel. Gonzo's got his camera readied to take a flash photo of the entire group, the bulb goes off dilating everybody's pupils... Even Bunsen's, which you can see within the frame of his round glasses.
Hope this helps.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I love to see Piggy aggravate Kermit, but (whining a little) I wish he could get just a little comfort out of this budding relationship. Piggy can be nice <Is not a fangirl> and she would like to be very nice to Kermit. Can't we see that just a little?
<Giggles> Oh rest assured, Ru... <giggles> Rest assured... <giggles> There will be plenty of time for that... <giggles>... <kicks door of ushy-gushy-girl's closet shut>

Ruahnna

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
<Giggles> Oh rest assured, Ru... <giggles> Rest assured... <giggles> There will be plenty of time for that... <giggles>... <kicks door of ushy-gushy-girl's closet shut>
Thank heavens! I like to see Kermit get what's coming to him. Ahem. <runs giggling back to ushy-gushy land>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey!! You get back here and post more story! And that goes for you too Lisa!
*Ugh... Sorry, the nagging in me just got a bit out of control.
But if you girls could... Um, please... Post more story? We all thank you.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
UGH! I forgot to post!! Lisa! This is awesome! I LOOOOOVED Jim with Bernie! That was so...So...WOW!! I love it!! And yes...We are now even for how I ended chapter 19...:wink:

MORE PLEASE!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Frowns.> <Aside to camera> I hate it when they ask nice...

<Winks at Java> What's the magic word?

Java

Reaction score
Please? Pretty Pretty please?