For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I have two sayings for situations for situations like this:

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

and

"I'm old enough to know better, and young enough not to give a ****."

Carl23

Reaction score
So true... so so true. Well spoken, Slackbot.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I went to a Sesame Street Live performance by myself when I was in my 20's. Gotta have some fun sometime.

Some of the BaB workers that I have seen look as if they could use a little adult interaction, you'd probably make their day. That is unless you aren't potty trained and pick your nose or something like that.

beaker

Reaction score
I kind of reached a point where I just stopped caring what people think. Im a 34 year old guy who regularly wears mismatched knee high striped socks, at time ridiculously quirky vintage thirft store clothes(of varying scales of fitting), weird pairs of converse and usually have Beaker like crazy hair. And I don't live in Portland, Austin, San Francisco or Williamsburg where unique/weird is encouraged. No, I live in boring soccer mom suburbia.

Yeah I still order kids meals, routinely go to Toys R Us, and even sometimes convince friends to go to Chuck E Cheese with me. I think that's why I can't wait to have kids, as people won't give me as weird looks:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I kind of reached a point where I just stopped caring what people think. Im a 34 year old guy who regularly wears mismatched knee high striped socks, at time ridiculously quirky vintage thirft store clothes(of varying scales of fitting), weird pairs of converse and usually have Beaker like crazy hair. And I don't live in Portland, Austin, San Francisco or Williamsburg where unique/weird is encouraged. No, I live in boring soccer mom suburbia.

Yeah I still order kids meals, routinely go to Toys R Us, and even sometimes convince friends to go to Chuck E Cheese with me. I think that's why I can't wait to have kids, as people won't give me as weird looks:smile:
I honestly don't care, but my biggest fear is that one day, someone's going to pull me aside and say, "uh... you're going to have to step out or we're going to call the police, sir."

Plus, I don't like the image of having to fight off a 5 year old to use the stuff machine when I can just purchase a prestuffed one. And if I have to make something, I'll make my own Pookalooz style Scooter plush. That is, if I was any good at sewing. I'd rather REALLY make something than just give the illusion that I filled something with fluff.

I don't care much what everyone else thinks either, but there's only so much I can get away with.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is really cool. I'd love to get a Scooter plushie, but my ultimate dream would be if they decided to make a Rowlf. If they put Rowlf on this list of ones to make, I'd be willing to go through the entire process of making the stuffed animals, regardless of the stares I get from people around me.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I think Muppet Rocky Horror would be fantastic:

Bunsen Honey Dew as Frank N Furter
0____________0

That mental image has now been burned onto my mind's eye forever and ever. D: MY KINGDOM FOR SOME BRAIN BLEACH.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is really cool. I'd love to get a Scooter plushie, but my ultimate dream would be if they decided to make a Rowlf. If they put Rowlf on this list of ones to make, I'd be willing to go through the entire process of making the stuffed animals, regardless of the stares I get from people around me.
Scooter might make me do it... Rowlf would... but the one thing that would have me slam my hand down and say, "I'm gladly going to wait in line behind a 5 year old" would be Link Hogthrob. if there was a Link, disregard everything I said earlier. I mean, he DID have that huge presence in the movie.

Still, it's a shame you probably can't take licensed character clothing from a different license... or can you? I once considered (years ago) building a Cookie Monster and getting a Bear Batman suit on him. That would be one of the COOLEST plush toys of all time.

Carl23

Reaction score
You mean like building a Cookie Monster and buying the Batman outfit for him? You can TOTALLY do that, no problem.

You can buy any clothes they offer, for anything. They don't come "with" the buildables themselves, the clothes cost extra - so they can't make you buy the "right" clothes. That's another part to the "Templates" I mentioned earlier, all the clothes are made for all the bears about 99% of the designs they have.

EDIT: OMG they now offer a Darth Vader costume. Now i'm REALLY hoping they make Gonzo. Now, if they'd sell a "Kermit costume" outfit, i'd have to buy Walter too...

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I can get excited about the accessories... and dressing Walter in his Kermit costume would be AWESOME!