For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

zns

Reaction score
Now this is something I would love to try and do. Can't wait to get my own Kermit and Miss Piggy. :smile::mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just did a slow-mo of that scene, and it's way creepier that way. Plus, I could see that his eyes were closed Muppet-Babies style, meaning his pupils were blinked out rather than him having eyelids. I never noticed that before.
Heh.. yeah, all Muppet Babies anime style (Toei did the first season, after all). It looks weird in puppet form. Still, I never had any problems with that scene. I bet it has something to do with his Uncle formerly owning the theater that got bulldozed down to make dot. Maybe some sort of stipulation that they found a job for him... but that's a huge hypothetical Scooter character debate.

Walter

Reaction score
Heh.. yeah, all Muppet Babies anime style (Toei did the first season, after all). It looks weird in puppet form. Still, I never had any problems with that scene. I bet it has something to do with his Uncle formerly owning the theater that got bulldozed down to make dot. Maybe some sort of stipulation that they found a job for him... but that's a huge hypothetical Scooter character debate.
Hmm..I never thought about it that way! Maybe Scooter is closing his eyes in a "Why couldn't I have been a Gofer!?!?" way:wink:

Carl23

Reaction score
Hey, Drtooth. YES you can buy Build A Bear "buildable" products pre-stuffed. They offer a small handful in the stores that are already made/dressed, and when you order them Online they come already made. I DO think you can order them as-is and take them to a store and "build" them for free, but that's beside the point.
I'm not sure if there is a price difference, but if there is it's not enough to talk about.

That's the other thing with Build A Bear products, if you EVER have any trouble with one, regardless of how old or whos fault it is, they will take care of it. I bought Shrek a few years ago before the second movie came out, and a seam in his face popped. I took him back, and they said they'd stitch him back up, no reciept, no charge, no worries. That's why i'm so excited about this, they really do a great job.

...and I guess you could dress scooter in corsets too...

beaker

Reaction score
I think I love you. :wink:

I'm a Rocky Horror veteran, so if I get a Scooter doll he's gonna wind up in fishnets and a corset no matter what
I remember in the early to late 90's they always had live RHPS midnight showings with cast and audience participation...always wish I had gone, as they havent done it since. Now all those goths and geeks go to the Repo! one, but it doesnt seem the same
If Scooter does happen, I'd LOVE to buy one, but I just don't think I could do all that kiddy fun stuff. Is it ridiculous to ask if they sell some er... prestuffed?
You'd hate Disneyland then, or pretty much a lot of the few things out there that are still fun for families and kids alike.

beaker

Reaction score
LOL - as in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas, we saw that over Christmas. That scene confirmed Husbands suspicions of Scooter as the the token LGBT Muppet.
I would say Scooter being confirmed gay happened many years before that:wink:

beaker

Reaction score
As I said, I blame It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas for that one:

We both sat there watching this scene with mouths wide open.

And we've sat through Avenue Q 5 times and didn't blink but this scene had us squirming.
That's our loveable twink! err..I mean Gofer. Im just so glad he's back and he had such a prominent role in the new film. That promo 2 minute interview with him was great too

Carl23

Reaction score
What's really great is at Universal Orlando during Halloween Horror Nights they did a live RHPS Tribute show in 2008 and 2009. Audience participation and all. Ever since then, "Interactive" screenings at the Lowe's Universal Cineplex in Citywalk have been a staple every couple months or so.

EDIT: Really funny how this has gone from the Build A Bear thread to the Scooter/Rocky Horror appreciation thread, lol. Nice to see the Gofer get some attention, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd hate Disneyland then, or pretty much a lot of the few things out there that are still fun for families and kids alike.
Lemme put it this way...

Single almost 30 year old guy alone at Build a Bear=

Best case scenario, I look like a Momma's boy/Arrested Development case.

And unfortunately, I don't have any younger relatives I could drag with me under the pretense of Babysitting....

point is, I look sad enough as it is without putting a plastic heart into a plush toy I'm supposedly "too old" to have anyway.

But then again, I was the only single adult at a Mo Willems kiddy book signing and I had a HUGE amount of fun. But then of course, the best part was the adult fan boy discussion I had about Sheep, Kids Next Door, and The Man Who Yelled.

Carl23

Reaction score
You could always order these guys Pre-Made from their website. They'd come right to your door, and no-one would think any less of you, haha.