1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TikiColadas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Scooter might make me do it... Rowlf would... but the one thing that would have me slam my hand down and say, "I'm gladly going to wait in line behind a 5 year old" would be Link Hogthrob. if there was a Link, disregard everything I said earlier. I mean, he DID have that huge presence in the movie.

Still, it's a shame you probably can't take licensed character clothing from a different license... or can you? I once considered (years ago) building a Cookie Monster and getting a Bear Batman suit on him. That would be one of the COOLEST plush toys of all time.
  2. Carl23

Carl23 Member

You mean like building a Cookie Monster and buying the Batman outfit for him? You can TOTALLY do that, no problem.

You can buy any clothes they offer, for anything. They don't come "with" the buildables themselves, the clothes cost extra - so they can't make you buy the "right" clothes. That's another part to the "Templates" I mentioned earlier, all the clothes are made for all the bears about 99% of the designs they have.

EDIT: OMG they now offer a Darth Vader costume. Now i'm REALLY hoping they make Gonzo. Now, if they'd sell a "Kermit costume" outfit, i'd have to buy Walter too...
  3. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Ok I can get excited about the accessories... and dressing Walter in his Kermit costume would be AWESOME!
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  4. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Exactly. I wouldn't be able to resist picking up Walter if they made a Kermit costume. That would be too perfect.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

#@%$!! That was a lost opportunity.
  6. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Sorry... You can dress Kermit as Spider-Man?
  7. Walter

Walter Active Member

While we can use anything in the store (I have a US military Cody Maverick!!)

we can speculate what items will be relased and for who.. here are the possibililities:
    Kermit-
    Tuxedo
    Muppet t-shirt
    winter scarf maybe
    Directors outfit
    quite possibly a directors chair

Piggy-
    Pink dress
    White dress w/ boa (disney store version)
    Grey Jacket(might happen..but it was designer label so it might get pricey..)
    black buckle dress
    yellow sun dress w/ hat(think Mv3d)

Walter-
    Blue suit
    Black Tuxedo
    White Tuxedo
    Kermit shirt
    Kermit costume
    (as a bonus they should release the watch, one for Walter one for you!)

Gonzo-
    Magnate suit
    Great Gonzo getup
    sweater vest outfit
    crazy yellow shirt outfit

Scooter-
    traditional green outfit
    Tuxedo
    Headset accesory kit(with clipboard?)

These are just a few I came up with..they could happen, right??
  8. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Fozzie's a little left out, though... But all of those would be great additions. They should (pending these make guys make it) make Walter's collared shirt with the Kermit shirt over it. And that watch idea is brilliant, Walter.

This is what i've been thinking of, there is just SO much they could do with something like The Muppets. Plus, it doesn't matter about the movie. These would still sell.
    Walter likes this.
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

hmm..
    I completely forgot about Fozzie!!!

Lets see..
    Fozzie should come with his tie so..
    Reno getup
    tie/hat set(all kinds of cool interchangable ties and hats!)
    tuxedo..you know, now that I think about it.. wether or not they release a tux for the Muppets, they already have one in store im sure..so anyway..
    and since Fozzie really lacks any major clothes items. he should come with a joke book! Maybe with excerpts from Frogs are Funny..

I wonder if these characters will each have a unique voice box.. if not, then we'd either have to record one, or leave them empty.. I don't like to brag, but my Walter is pretty spot on!! lol
  10. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Just checked, and YES they do currently sell a Tuxedo set, and it should fit on any Muppets that are released. I mentioned the voiceboxes earlier, there should be 1 for each character, "YAAAY!!" "Wakka Wakka!" "I'll go fer coffee, sandwhiches, anything you need!" and maybe one with The Muppet Show theme.

The upside is, they actually sell "Record your own!" boxes, so you COULD snag one of those, and take it home, and record anything you want. So wether or not they sell new Muppet talkboxes, there will always be that option.
  11. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Pssh. I was in my late 20s when I went to Build-A-Bear with a friend, and we went to town making our new toys! I'm 30 now, still single with no kids, and I'd go without hesitation.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

If they release a Gonzo, I will buy the most ridiculous outfit for him and he will wear it everyday and I will be such a happy camper. :D
  13. Walter

Walter Active Member

Awesome!! and maybe the voice boxes could have an abriged song!!

Fozzie- Rainbow connection(moopets version)
    Kermit- Rainbow Connection ( first half)
    Piggy- the other half of rainbow connection( so you can do kermit, then piggy!)
    Walter- Life's a happy song(either DWTS version or one with Gary's lines muted..for singalongs!)

as for the others..hmm, Maybe they could have a Mahna Mahna voicebox that's good for all the characters!!
  14. robodog

robodog Active Member

I've gone to Build A Bear a couple times in the past few years. I wouldn't really do it these days but that's more because I don't like stuffed animals anymore than it is that I'm ashamed to go. A Rowlf might tempt me though as would the Snoopy had I known about it. I'm kind of upset I'm just learning about Snoopy. Snoopy's one of my heroes. But as toys go I prefer plastic to plush. The closest thing I collect to plush these days are FurReal dogs but they're basically a fur coat over a plastic body.
  15. ElectricMayhem1

ElectricMayhem1 Active Member

16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I mean unless youre wearing a beige sports coat, mustache and tube socks I dont think anyone's going to comment on anything of the sort. I'm not saying take your brash uncensored style you freely wield here on the forums into real life, but I definitely had a transformation over the years where I never went for things or spoke out and then just kind of stopped caring. Sometimes ya gotta be Tom Hanks in FAO Schwarz. You should see the goofy antics my friends and I sometimes do(and film vlog for youtube) in such fine establishments as Toys R Us.

But bottom line, no worries...as truth be told, these "build a muppet" things look kind of lame. And where the heck is Fozzie? Surprised its not Kermit and Animal, as Muppet Marketing people seem to think only Kermit and Animal exist in this dojo
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Score one more for the 30 something/single/no kids club!(or as I sometimes joke...I uh, dont think I have kids...)
  18. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Sounds awesome, Walter... but I think it could use a little tweak. "Man Or Muppet" certainly needs to be an option. Come to think of it, Life's A Happy Song certainly fits so much better.
  19. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Question please: are the "record your own" voice boxes just one saying? Or can you record multiple sayings on one box?

Hopefully the latter is the case, I'd like to buy a few to put in my own homemade Muppets for my Son, he loves his talking Cookie Monster from BaB. :D
  20. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Unfortunatly, they are just one phrase.... Plus they will only hold I think 30 seconds. At least the last time I was there, which was a couple years back. The ready-made ones, with "Official" sounds hold longer phrases.

You could still buy them, they DO sell these individually. It'd just be a bit more limited than you're hoping for. This also means that if they don't end up offering Muppet recordings, you could always buy these, take them home and record a clip from any Muppet (or your impression, Walter) and bring it back in and have it sewn into your Build a Bear.

EDIT: Just did a little digging on their website, and they do offer "Multi-track" sounds, for lack of a better description. Ones that will make 3-5 sounds. They DO sell them, but the "Record your own" isn't one of them. But they do sell Star Wars ones, and they only have Star Wars costumes, seems like EACH buildable gets one - they sell them to go with Alvin (5 phrases) and Smurfs ( 3 phrases). So it's possible that we may get a Kermit and Piggy talkbox.

Downside is the "Record Your Own" is the most expensive at $8, the rest are between $4 and $6. AND you can only record up to 10 seconds. So it's pretty limited...