For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Carl23

Reaction score
That's true. For every 18" franchise character, they ussually do at least 2 secondary characters as 6" plush. For Alvin it was Simon and Theodore, for Frosty it was Karen Prof. Hinkle and Hocus, and for Snoopy it was Woodstock and Charlie Brown. So it is very possible that the rest might be 6", instead of full "Buildable" characters. It'd still be cool, but they've never done so many add-on characters for a buildable. I'd love it if at LEAST Fozzie got in on it too. He would translate so well, and we might finally get a great plush of him.

Also, worth noting, their Licenced characters tend to be $23 bucks, but if these really are gonna be Puppets (not to mention Disney/Henson) they might be a bit more.

Ballpark should probably be about $25-35 for "Buildables", and $10-15 for "Companion". And I just realized they could MAKE BANK if they play this up all the way, Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, and Gonzo as buildables, (PLEASE Scooter, but just the 4 for roundness) At least 1 outfit "aimed" at each, such as suits, or trenchcoats, Dresses for Piggy, (tiny Banjo) Voiceboxes aimed at each, "YAAAY!!" "Wakka Wakka!" and one with The Muppet Show theme, The boxes would be themed like The Muppet Theater...

This could be the start of something amazing. Here's hoping they're gonna play their cards right.

beaker

Reaction score
Aren't these Build-a-Bear shops simply where you stuff a premade design with cotton to varying results?

So basically, American kids get to pretend what it's like to be a Chinese or Burmese sweat shop worker making all the crap they sell at Disney, Target, Walmart etc...except, they get to go home after a half hour and arent in dangerous conditions. D'oh!

Carl23

Reaction score
The difference is that Build A Bear products are ussually REALLY high quality, and you can choose how stuffed you want it to be, more soft, or more stiff. But, essentially the concept is the same, yes. LOL.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
So are these puppets? I just noticed at the bottom of the picture it says kermit the frog puppet..... That would be neat and explain why they are looking at more characters

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
The piggy is the best plush version I've ever seen I love her

Carl23

Reaction score
Totally agree with you, Leanne. That's what I was saying earlier about the quality. Really great designs on these guys, even better if they actually turn out to be puppets. Can't wait for the announcement.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm guessing if these are puppets they are vent style with a whole for the hand in the head...that way they can be stuffed and we can spend more money on build a bear clothes for them.