1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TikiColadas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's more like giving the kids an illusion that they created something. It's basically a false sense of having made something crafty.

Still, If there was a Scooter, I'd love to see it, but I can't bring myself to be a single guy going into one of those things just to build a Scooter. Even a small one. Though... where is everyone hearing Scooter from? Is there an official announcement or something? I hate when we put the cart in front of the horse like that... we wind up coming up with series 5 of an action figure line that doesn't even get released and that leads to disappointment.
  2. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Also true, DrTooth. According to OP, Kermit and Piggy are set to be released and they are considering doing Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, and Walter if they do well.

Fan44, I commented on that earlier. It's the style of Build A Bear. They have a basic template (allows for the stuffing/easy stitch process) and for Licenced characters, they modify the template and design new heads. Piggy looks fantastic, but obviously Kermit's slender limbs don't lend themselves well to that kind of design.

The one I really hope gets made is Fozzie. There's no reason that the Kermit and Piggy set wouldn't do well, and Fozzie in the style would look great. And of course anything Scooter is welcome. Back to what Drtooth said, we really don't want to get our hopes up too high. It's all the waiting game now, but hopefully this means there's a lot more Muppets in the works for the DVD release.
  3. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Funny, I thought that too, but I quite like his chunky teddy bear like arms, cuddlier than the usual spindly ones, maybe it is because I'm a girl and like to cuddle and squish things.

Shame they didn't come out for my Birthday I would have loved one. I hope they come to UK, like the Smurfs and Snoopy.

4. Carl23

Carl23 Member

I was commenting more on Accuracy, but as a cuddly plush you've got a point. Overall he does look fantastic, and so does Piggy. As far as I know, they don't do different regions for UK/US like the Disney Store does, so should be no worries there either.
  5. LeanneFuller

LOL - as in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas, we saw that over Christmas. That scene confirmed Husbands suspicions of Scooter as the the token LGBT Muppet.

Conjuring new meaning to purchasing a scooter skin at Build an Bear and giving him a good stuffing.

I can't believe I just wrote that. I blame IAVMMC for giving us that image.
  6. LeanneFuller

Thank goodness, this is the first time I've been excited over Muppet soft toys in a long time.
  7. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I think I love you. ;)

I'm a Rocky Horror veteran, so if I get a Scooter doll he's gonna wind up in fishnets and a corset no matter what
    LeanneFuller likes this.
  8. LeanneFuller

Snap, been a RSH & RHPS Fan for over 25 years. I won't even go into the amount of props we have in our house.

TikiColadas likes this.
  9. Carl23

Carl23 Member

LOL! That's a bizarre crossover if i've ever seen one. And a mental image I didn't need...
  10. LeanneFuller

As I said, I blame It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas for that one:

[​IMG]

We both sat there watching this scene with mouths wide open.

And we've sat through Avenue Q 5 times and didn't blink but this scene had us squirming.
  11. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

MUST TAKE PHOTOS PLEASE!! :D
  12. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Not as bad as the Muppet Rocky Horror I was envisioning. Still pretty strange, but much less so then the gang in fishnets with Tim Curry. Waldorf and Statler as the "Audience" fits a little too well, though.
  13. LeanneFuller

I think Muppet Rocky Horror would be fantastic:

Gonzo as the Narator
    Piggy and Kermit as Riff Raff and Magenta
    Annie Sue as Columbia
    Wayne and Wanda as Brad & Janet
    Bunsen Honey Dew as Frank N Furter
    Beeker as Rocky
    [​IMG]
    Dr Teeth as Eddie
    Fozzie as Dr Scott

What do you think? It may keep the Muppet Theatre Open
  14. LeanneFuller

Scooter could be Christopher Biggins. I'm sorry for going completely off this subject.
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I've played Frank for over two decades now, yet I had no idea what was up with the cage dancer thing until i looked it up aafter seeing VMX. Yikes!

(Am I a bad person for wishing I could get a clearer shot of the cage dancer puppet so I could see if he has any piercings? We RHPS casties are fanatical about costume accuracy.)
  16. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Lol, I gotta say... I'd never have envisioned this thread going in this direction, haa.
  17. LeanneFuller

That's Build a Bear costumes and accessories for your. LOL

18. LeanneFuller

I'm not sure about piercing but the whole thing was definitely out of character. Fozzie as a pick pocket and piggy as a cat lady.
  19. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Lol, nah, you don't have to be embarrassed! I used to do that all the time with toys, even before my Son was born! :D I pity the people who don't allow themselves to find fun and happiness in so-called "childish" things. I'm the biggest kid I know!! Toys are fun, and fun is good. :)
    Muppetfan44 and TikiColadas like this.
  20. TikiColadas

TikiColadas Active Member

I agree KermieBaby47. You should see my house....Toys all over on display...Muppets, Star Wars, Superman.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.