1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TikiColadas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Now this is something I would love to try and do. Can't wait to get my own Kermit and Miss Piggy. :):mad:
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Heh.. yeah, all Muppet Babies anime style (Toei did the first season, after all). It looks weird in puppet form. Still, I never had any problems with that scene. I bet it has something to do with his Uncle formerly owning the theater that got bulldozed down to make dot. Maybe some sort of stipulation that they found a job for him... but that's a huge hypothetical Scooter character debate.
  3. Walter

Walter Active Member

Hmm..I never thought about it that way! Maybe Scooter is closing his eyes in a "Why couldn't I have been a Gofer!?!?" way;)
  4. Carl23

Carl23 Member

Hey, Drtooth. YES you can buy Build A Bear "buildable" products pre-stuffed. They offer a small handful in the stores that are already made/dressed, and when you order them Online they come already made. I DO think you can order them as-is and take them to a store and "build" them for free, but that's beside the point.
    I'm not sure if there is a price difference, but if there is it's not enough to talk about.

That's the other thing with Build A Bear products, if you EVER have any trouble with one, regardless of how old or whos fault it is, they will take care of it. I bought Shrek a few years ago before the second movie came out, and a seam in his face popped. I took him back, and they said they'd stitch him back up, no reciept, no charge, no worries. That's why i'm so excited about this, they really do a great job.

...and I guess you could dress scooter in corsets too...
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I remember in the early to late 90's they always had live RHPS midnight showings with cast and audience participation...always wish I had gone, as they havent done it since. Now all those goths and geeks go to the Repo! one, but it doesnt seem the same
    You'd hate Disneyland then, or pretty much a lot of the few things out there that are still fun for families and kids alike.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I would say Scooter being confirmed gay happened many years before that;)
    [​IMG]
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That's our loveable twink! err..I mean Gofer. Im just so glad he's back and he had such a prominent role in the new film. That promo 2 minute interview with him was great too
  8. Carl23

Carl23 Member

What's really great is at Universal Orlando during Halloween Horror Nights they did a live RHPS Tribute show in 2008 and 2009. Audience participation and all. Ever since then, "Interactive" screenings at the Lowe's Universal Cineplex in Citywalk have been a staple every couple months or so.

EDIT: Really funny how this has gone from the Build A Bear thread to the Scooter/Rocky Horror appreciation thread, lol. Nice to see the Gofer get some attention, though.
  9. Drtooth

Lemme put it this way...

Single almost 30 year old guy alone at Build a Bear=
    [​IMG]

Best case scenario, I look like a Momma's boy/Arrested Development case.

And unfortunately, I don't have any younger relatives I could drag with me under the pretense of Babysitting....

point is, I look sad enough as it is without putting a plastic heart into a plush toy I'm supposedly "too old" to have anyway.

But then again, I was the only single adult at a Mo Willems kiddy book signing and I had a HUGE amount of fun. But then of course, the best part was the adult fan boy discussion I had about Sheep, Kids Next Door, and The Man Who Yelled.
  10. Carl23

Carl23 Member

You could always order these guys Pre-Made from their website. They'd come right to your door, and no-one would think any less of you, haha.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I have two sayings for situations for situations like this:

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

and

"I'm old enough to know better, and young enough not to give a ****."
  12. Carl23

Carl23 Member

So true... so so true. Well spoken, Slackbot.
  13. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I went to a Sesame Street Live performance by myself when I was in my 20's. Gotta have some fun sometime.

Some of the BaB workers that I have seen look as if they could use a little adult interaction, you'd probably make their day. That is unless you aren't potty trained and pick your nose or something like that.
    newsmanfan and KermieBaby47 like this.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I kind of reached a point where I just stopped caring what people think. Im a 34 year old guy who regularly wears mismatched knee high striped socks, at time ridiculously quirky vintage thirft store clothes(of varying scales of fitting), weird pairs of converse and usually have Beaker like crazy hair. And I don't live in Portland, Austin, San Francisco or Williamsburg where unique/weird is encouraged. No, I live in boring soccer mom suburbia.

Yeah I still order kids meals, routinely go to Toys R Us, and even sometimes convince friends to go to Chuck E Cheese with me. I think that's why I can't wait to have kids, as people won't give me as weird looks:)
  15. Drtooth

I honestly don't care, but my biggest fear is that one day, someone's going to pull me aside and say, "uh... you're going to have to step out or we're going to call the police, sir."

Plus, I don't like the image of having to fight off a 5 year old to use the stuff machine when I can just purchase a prestuffed one. And if I have to make something, I'll make my own Pookalooz style Scooter plush. That is, if I was any good at sewing. I'd rather REALLY make something than just give the illusion that I filled something with fluff.

I don't care much what everyone else thinks either, but there's only so much I can get away with.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  16. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

This is really cool. I'd love to get a Scooter plushie, but my ultimate dream would be if they decided to make a Rowlf. If they put Rowlf on this list of ones to make, I'd be willing to go through the entire process of making the stuffed animals, regardless of the stares I get from people around me.
    KermieBaby47 and redBoobergurl like this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

0____________0

That mental image has now been burned onto my mind's eye forever and ever. D: MY KINGDOM FOR SOME BRAIN BLEACH.
  18. Drtooth

Scooter might make me do it... Rowlf would... but the one thing that would have me slam my hand down and say, "I'm gladly going to wait in line behind a 5 year old" would be Link Hogthrob. if there was a Link, disregard everything I said earlier. I mean, he DID have that huge presence in the movie.

Still, it's a shame you probably can't take licensed character clothing from a different license... or can you? I once considered (years ago) building a Cookie Monster and getting a Bear Batman suit on him. That would be one of the COOLEST plush toys of all time.
  19. Carl23

Carl23 Member

You mean like building a Cookie Monster and buying the Batman outfit for him? You can TOTALLY do that, no problem.

You can buy any clothes they offer, for anything. They don't come "with" the buildables themselves, the clothes cost extra - so they can't make you buy the "right" clothes. That's another part to the "Templates" I mentioned earlier, all the clothes are made for all the bears about 99% of the designs they have.

EDIT: OMG they now offer a Darth Vader costume. Now i'm REALLY hoping they make Gonzo. Now, if they'd sell a "Kermit costume" outfit, i'd have to buy Walter too...
  20. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Ok I can get excited about the accessories... and dressing Walter in his Kermit costume would be AWESOME!
    Muppetfan44 likes this.