For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
awesome..cant wait for these and the muppet themes clothes...me and my girl are so getting a set

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm having a hard time getting excited about these. Perhaps it's my own bias against Build-A-Bear in general - $20+ to let my child kiss a heart and step on a pedal as they "build" their stuffed animal that won't get played with? Maybe that's just my kids. I just really don't get the appeal. *ok, stepping down from soapbox*

They look cute enough but I agree with a previous poster about the proportions looking a little like Muppet Babies. And I'm not clear on how they could be puppets? Doesn't that detract from the whole "building" thing? Now I could see getting some accessories to dress up the Muppet plush we already have. That could be fun.

I am glad to see more promotions going on though. At least they're not just going away with the movie release. Although this one doesn't wow me I'm still excited everytime I see anything new with the Muppets.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Cindy, I'm having a very hard time imagining your little ones' not playing with Muppet toys!! Ha ha. But seriously, I can see what you and others are saying about the proportions, that's just how all of their build-a products are sized though, like huggable teddy bears (I've got the most sqooshy and plump Cookie Monster you'll ever see, and I made him at BaB), you just gotta make sure you don't OVERstuff them. :wink:

As for the "puppet" part in their descriptions, maybe it's just cuz people think of them as puppet characters? Or could be that they may have a hand opening in the backs of their heads like another poster suggested. Guess we'll have to wait and see on that one.

As for me, I can't wait!! :big_grin: Let's get excited!!
:smile:
Anthony

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
OMG these are absolutely adorable!! I definitely agree that this Piggy plush is the best one that we have seen in a long time. Kermit looks a little chunky but not too bad-with the whole Build a Bear process it probably can't be helped.

I know these will be a little pricey but I have to have them, lol! Now the question is should I order them online or be a silly, kooky 25 year old building my own at the store...probably the latter!

Drtooth

Reaction score
So basically, American kids get to pretend what it's like to be a Chinese or Burmese sweat shop worker making all the crap they sell at Disney, Target, Walmart etc...except, they get to go home after a half hour and arent in dangerous conditions. D'oh!
It's more like giving the kids an illusion that they created something. It's basically a false sense of having made something crafty.

Still, If there was a Scooter, I'd love to see it, but I can't bring myself to be a single guy going into one of those things just to build a Scooter. Even a small one. Though... where is everyone hearing Scooter from? Is there an official announcement or something? I hate when we put the cart in front of the horse like that... we wind up coming up with series 5 of an action figure line that doesn't even get released and that leads to disappointment.

Carl23

Reaction score
Also true, DrTooth. According to OP, Kermit and Piggy are set to be released and they are considering doing Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, and Walter if they do well.

Fan44, I commented on that earlier. It's the style of Build A Bear. They have a basic template (allows for the stuffing/easy stitch process) and for Licenced characters, they modify the template and design new heads. Piggy looks fantastic, but obviously Kermit's slender limbs don't lend themselves well to that kind of design.

The one I really hope gets made is Fozzie. There's no reason that the Kermit and Piggy set wouldn't do well, and Fozzie in the style would look great. And of course anything Scooter is welcome. Back to what Drtooth said, we really don't want to get our hopes up too high. It's all the waiting game now, but hopefully this means there's a lot more Muppets in the works for the DVD release.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Funny, I thought that too, but I quite like his chunky teddy bear like arms, cuddlier than the usual spindly ones, maybe it is because I'm a girl and like to cuddle and squish things.

Shame they didn't come out for my Birthday I would have loved one. I hope they come to UK, like the Smurfs and Snoopy.

That Piggy is FANTASTIC! Piggy is notoriously hard to get right in plush form...
Worst cases she looks terrible

Best cases, she looks okay...

But that's one of, if not THE best Piggy plush toys I've ever seen.

That Kermit's pretty good too, though the arms are a little chunky.