1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TikiColadas, Jan 7, 2012.

1. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Umm...or a creeper! :shifty:
  2. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Quick! Make friends with someone who has kids! Then innocently suggest babysitting them one afternoon once the Build-a-Bear Muppets come out and then drag the kids with you to the store so you can get away with making one!

Luckily, being a chick in my very early twenties, I think I can get away with making one... maybe? I always have my little cousin though.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

There's always the old "making a gift for a kid" alibi, too.
    Puckrox likes this.
  4. Walter

Walter Active Member

"Is this a gift for someone sir?"
    Yes, its for ker..pi..scoo..zie..he,he
    "OK! what color bow does Kerpiescoozie want??"
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I just say it's for my niece, Zoe. It's easier to remember.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Plus, part two... that'd probably be about 20 bucks... so... there's that end too.

I've never in my life paid more than almost 20 bucks for a plush. I almost broke down and bought like a 30 dollar imported Freiza at a convention, and I had second thoughts about it.
  7. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

XD nice one man
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

say its for a girlfriend...ive done that before, now i actually have one to go in with....but ive also played the puppeteer card...and have shown them my stuff( on phone)...i try to avoid going in when theres tons of kids though
  9. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

You Know I think the first time I went to build a bear was with my wife. There seems to be less of a problem with that. I've also built a few bears for my class as well. Having kids of my own now makes it a whole lot easier but the girls really do wind up taking the stuffed animals for themselves. Another tip... Once you buy one register it. They will send you some really impressive coupons (sometimes for a free animal) from time to time. Worth it if they are looking at doing more Muppets.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Plushes are the cheapest things to make. It's basically a chinese sweat shop worker stuffing some beans or cotton in cheap fabric. IE: Modern Sesame 6" plushes at Target and Toys R Us...man those things look like fire hazard cheapo *expletive*

I have paid over $20 for plushes, but only for home made etsy/webcomic/anime con artist alley type ones or rare Kid Robot type stuff. I'm pretty selective with that stuff. I miss video game promo plushes when you'd preorder a game.
  11. MuppetySmurf

MuppetySmurf Member

If they make Gonzo, then I have two words for Build-a-Bear;
    PUUUUUUUUURPLE TUUUUUUUUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, I WANT ME A SCOOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If Scooter come out, I hope the green track jacket has "The Muppet Show" logo on it.
    And I want THE ELECTRIC MAYHEM, BUNSEN, BEAKER, MAHNA MAHNA, THE SNOWTHS, SAM, THE SWINETREK CREW AND LEW ZEALAND!!!!!
  12. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I definately want scooter to be made now that we know they are puppets
  13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

We're headed to the mall in a few days. i'll have to see and check these out ;)
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

may have to make a trip to the local build a bear shop..theres like 4 i know of
  15. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

So I headed up to my local Build-a-Bear (in Germany, sorry) to see if they had the stuff in stock.
    AND THEY TOTALLY DID.
    [​IMG]
    The proportions are very cutesy, and the machine kinda overstuffed him. He looks about 8. :p But it's very well-made otherwise.
    Service was a pain, though. The first Kermit I got, the lady pulled out the thread in the back by mistake and I had to get another one. That one had a tangled thread, and it took her half an hour to fix it. So I would check the string before you pick one out randomly from the bin.

No mini ones at all. That'll probably take a while. (Not that it would ever happen, but I think Robin would be great XD)
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Is it really a puppet?! :)
  17. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Cool! Did they have any character voice-boxes?

He looks great! :)
  18. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Yeah, but just the head. The hole looks kind of awkward.

Not that I saw. The recordings they have are all very generic; I don't think they even make limited edition ones. But theoretically you could bring an MP3 player with the phrase you want and put it onto a personalized one.
  19. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. :)
  20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

you should take a video puppeting kermit