1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fozzie Bear Replica Puppet

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Chalback, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Jared Presley

Jared Presley New Member

I am on the lookout for a good Fozzie puppet. (I would add Steampunk features to it.) It's for a costume I already have. I'll keep a lookout.

2. Stampunk Fozzie? That will be interesting!

3. I am assembling the materials now to make a Fozzie. On this board it is highly encouraged to make your own if that is what you desire. there are so many amazing people with so much support to help you through every step. I have learned that many people have used the Punto Pattern from Project puppets web site with adjustments for the size of the head and I recently bought Butterscotch Mongolian faux fur for him. Some one posted a tracing and measurements of his mouth plate. That in itself is gold because now everything else has a scale. you just have to blow up the pics so the mouth is the right distance across and then make all the pieces to match that scale. There is also a wonderful discussion about how the boning or support material works inside his body. It takes some research and some time to complete but it is SO rewarding. I finished my first puppet and I was hooked. Hope this helps. As one newbie to another, Welcome. DT

4. That's great, good luck with it!

5. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

That wembley is soooooo amazing. I would love to have one like that. You're super talented

Diego Fiorucci likes this.
  6. WalterFan1234

That's so amazing!

7. It's wonderful!

8. It seems even more difficult than Wembley. Isn't it?

WalterFan1234 likes this.
  9. WalterFan1234

Definitely. I still love the wembley more though. One of my favorite muppets

10. Hi friends:
    I made some early attempts to build a rotondo head but for work reasons I had to leave it for a while. The first thing I noticed is that after a while the contact cement was beginning to detach (it's not upholstered with fleece yet), but now, after some months it's now very dry, hard and brittle. Why could this happen?

11. TML

TML Active Member

try Barge Glue

12. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

I use Barge glue for all of my puppet building.

Take care all.

[​IMG]

13. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

14. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Brilliant replicas, Fozzie looks brilliant as do the Fraggles. Also great joke about William Shatner :)

15. This is fantastic!

16. Great work!

17. Ok. Thanks!

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Awesome! You did a great job!

19. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Please... tell me how to make that!! I've wanted to make a Fozzie for 5 years, and I have never known how to make it. If you want to, contact me in an PM.

20. It's wonderful! Did you glue the foam jaws or they were separated before hair?