Fozzie Bear Replica Puppet

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I am assembling the materials now to make a Fozzie. On this board it is highly encouraged to make your own if that is what you desire. there are so many amazing people with so much support to help you through every step. I have learned that many people have used the Punto Pattern from Project puppets web site with adjustments for the size of the head and I recently bought Butterscotch Mongolian faux fur for him. Some one posted a tracing and measurements of his mouth plate. That in itself is gold because now everything else has a scale. you just have to blow up the pics so the mouth is the right distance across and then make all the pieces to match that scale. There is also a wonderful discussion about how the boning or support material works inside his body. It takes some research and some time to complete but it is SO rewarding. I finished my first puppet and I was hooked. Hope this helps. As one newbie to another, Welcome. DT

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
I am assembling the materials now to make a Fozzie. On this board it is highly encouraged to make your own if that is what you desire. there are so many amazing people with so much support to help you through every step. I have learned that many people have used the Punto Pattern from Project puppets web site with adjustments for the size of the head and I recently bought Butterscotch Mongolian faux fur for him. Some one posted a tracing and measurements of his mouth plate. That in itself is gold because now everything else has a scale. you just have to blow up the pics so the mouth is the right distance across and then make all the pieces to match that scale. There is also a wonderful discussion about how the boning or support material works inside his body. It takes some research and some time to complete but it is SO rewarding. I finished my first puppet and I was hooked. Hope this helps. As one newbie to another, Welcome. DT
That's great, good luck with it!

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
I made a Wembley, Took me a month. I must stress that a real professional puppet of the Muppets is pricey in the first place (A Real One). The foam, eyes Hair being glued in bit by bit, The Shirt Fleece getting it dyed, HAND SEWING and man hours, it cost a lot.

That wembley is soooooo amazing. I would love to have one like that. You're super talented

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
Hi friends:
I made some early attempts to build a rotondo head but for work reasons I had to leave it for a while. The first thing I noticed is that after a while the contact cement was beginning to detach (it's not upholstered with fleece yet), but now, after some months it's now very dry, hard and brittle. Why could this happen?