Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for answering Jimmy. However, Cantus isn't gonna be an anchor. Before I get some flak, lemme explain.
1 Remember, first and foremost, I'm just putting together some sort of dream lineup and nothing I write up would be official anyway.
2 Cantus is the leader of the Minstrels, a group that has five members. So, the smart thing to do would be to split up the group and have one member of the Minstrels in each wave. And I'm treating them as the repaints for my planned S1-5. The Merggles will serve the same purpose for S6-10.

Also, would you consider Sprocket for such late a release? I think the better thing would be to classify him as a big beefy figure and have him in S1. Still working out the kinks as how it'll be put together, but I'll post when ready.
The other probability I thought of for S10 was Uncle Gobo, but I'm not sure about that one. LMK and I'll factor everything into the potential plans.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I understand now Count, I was not exactly sure what your project was. What about the World's Oldest Fraggle as your final anchor character? Maybe he could come as a two pack with that other Frggle who he always hit on the head (I cant remember his name right now).

Also, are you including a figure of Doc, the Gorgs, the Trashheap, Philo, and Gunge somewhere in your lineup? Maybe as exclusives? I would love to see them included somewhere. I am guessing that Doozers will be included as Fraggle pack-ins, is this correct?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ha! You'll just have to wait for the revelations my friend.

The World's Oldest Fraggle and Henchi Fraggle, could work. Thanks for the suggestion.
And of what you guessed at above, a figure form of Doc, I would think would have to be ruled out for the time being.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get an action figure of Doc down the road, but consider... if Palisades Toys don't have likeness rights for any human character that appeared in the Muppet shows and movies they currently hold under their license... do you think they'd be able to get a likeness right for a human character from this property?
Just asking the question, don't have an answer for you. But you'll see what I'm planning when it's ready.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
The Count said:
if Palisades Toys don't have likeness rights for any human character that appeared in the Muppet shows and movies they currently hold under their license... do you think they'd be able to get a likeness right for a human character from this property?
Just asking the question, don't have an answer for you. But you'll see what I'm planning when it's ready.
Well, I am not really sure what the answer to that would be. I think that the problem with human guests on the Muppet Show and in the Muppet movies was that they are all celebrities and that you would need to get rights from each of them personally.

But, seeing that Doc was a regular cast member of the show, it may that by obtaining the rights to do figures for the show includes the rights to do Doc... Does that make sense?

I believe that I once asked Fun-4-All once whether or not they could make figures of the Sesame Street human cast, and they answered that those characters were included in the license but they did not have an interest in making figures of them at the time. Maybe this would be the same as the Fraggle Rock liscense and Doc, but I dont really know.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Didn't know that. Hmm, guess it could be... However, quick question.
If the Gorgs were to be 11 inches to a full foot tall, and Gobo Fraggle about Kermit figure-size, about how tall do you think a figure of Doc should be?
8 inches tall? 9 inches tall? 10 inches tall?
Well, at least I've jotted down my ideas. Gotta at least half the spaces still open, and gotta cook up some exclusives ideas.

Foodie

Reaction score
Doc would have to be rather tall. He'd make for a good Palisades fan club exclusive. :smirk:

Nick

Luke

Reaction score
Did he not pass away or was that the UK one ?