Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Drtooth

Reaction score
wembleyfraggle said:
I asked Ken if the Fraggle line is still a possability and he said his famous "AIP" but if you look back at it almost every time he said "AIP" it has been made! My opiniun is that, I think that Fraggle Rock would do better at retail than Ren and Stimpy and Pink Panther! They could also sell them at hot topic! The Fraggle Plushes are flying off the shelves!
Ty
Well, Pink panther hits retail, but Ren and Stimpy gets the Specialty Market (as does Invaider Zim, and for contractual purpoused Fairly Oddparents). That's kinda what I'm hopin' for.

It's a sad irony. All the retailors that didn't want the line dropped the TMS line after 2-3 series....

I think it's still a rights issue. I think they lost the rights and can't do them until they get to talk back with Henson or HIT...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Retailer interest bites though. They don't want them. Stupid retailers.

The Gorgs would HAVE to be cheated. An inscale Gorg would be bigger than a person.
Here's what's considered an actual comparison, although I think it's incorrect.
http://membres.lycos.fr/foufli/fraggle.html (Scan to the bottom)

The reason I think it's incorrect is because the size of a fraggle would be that the head and feet stick out of a Gorg's hand, and the size of the hand in this picture as compared to the size of the Fraggle is WAY off...the Fraggle is too small, and is actually the size of an average man's distance from knee to the floor. So, if a Gorg grabbed a man, his foot and knee would still be somewhat visible.

I think the Gorg in this picture is just too big. I would suggest that the Gorg be reduced to about 13-15 feet tall.

At any rate, if the action figure were the same size as Kermit, then a Gorg would be as big as us, and I'm 5'10".

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I think that the Gorg in that scale seems to be a little bit off. I would just rather have small Gorgs that come with fraggle PVCs to keep the figures from getting too large...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Gorg looks fine to me. The gorgs were definatly more than 13-15 feet tall.

It seems that raggle size changed as the show went on. At one point a ball rolls into the fraggle hole and a larger ball is used with the fraggles. But in the last episodes when Gobo meets Doc he's bigger than you would expect. And of course we see that Gobo is slightly larger than KErmit in Muppet Family Christmas. So, Fragle size changes all the time. I think the best thing to do would be to start with real scale between the muppets and fraggles and then make the gorgs anyway that can be done since there is no way to get any true scale with them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I think that the Gorg in that scale seems to be a little bit off. I would just rather have small Gorgs that come with fraggle PVCs to keep the figures from getting too large...
I agree, some 10" Gorgs with PVC Fraggles that fit in their hands would be great:
Pa Gorg Red, Boober
Ma Gorg Gobo, Uncle Matt
Jr Gorg Wembley, Mokey

Isn't speculation fun?

Besides the main Fraggle Five and Uncle Matt, Storyteller Fraggle, Oldest Fraggle in the World, and Cantus and the Minstrels would be great to have, too.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
If the figures were made, my scale would say, "as tall as/eye level" if you line up you figures and imagine the size with those characters, it fits perfect!
Gobo: Crazy Harry
Mokey: Fozzie
Wembley: S5 Gonzo
Boober: Pepe
Red: Lew Zealand
Uncle Matt: Bunsen
Trash Heap/Philo and Gunge: Phil/Lobsters
Sprocket: Eye level with Rowlf/as long as Clifford is tall!
Ma/Pa Gorg: Mega Gonzo (not in scale, but practical)
Jr. Gorg: Mega Animal
Lamford: Robin

What kind of clay would it take to make these? I want to do it now! And what kind of paint!
Ty

WiGgY

Reaction score
Your scale is kind of off there.

If you want to make them use sculpey.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
What part of the scale is off? If your one of those people that think the Fraggles are 2 inches tall you are wrong! It has never been said that fraggles are that small. Yes they are as big as a radish but its a gorg Radish, not a human Radish! Also on my scale i lined up the eyes not the eyes with the top of the head!
Ty

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tyler,

I answered your e-mail this morning, but also wanted to post the info here.

This Fraggle/Doozer/Gorg height chart should help...

http://www.geocities.com/~fraggle-rock/heights.html

Fraggles only appear several inches tall in comparison to the Gorgs who are 22 feet tall. They are much bigger (approximately 18-24 inches) when compared to a 6 foot human.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Phil. I posted that link before, too.

Ever'body else:
Seems that in the show the Fraggles' head and feet stuck out from the Gorgs' hands, and according to this chart, the Fraggle would be stuck in the hand not even seen. Based on what I saw on the show, the Fraggles should be as high as a grown man's knee, and the Gorg's hand should fit around the lower part of a leg with the foot and knee cap still visible. Watch the show and see what you all think. I think the scales on that chart are a little off.