1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Heh heh, somehow I think I'd just get strange looks. As long as Palisades is still trying though. That's mainly all I'm wondering.
    :smirk:

Nick
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Well they can't do anything if the retailers don't know anything about the interest in the line.

What I don't get is that even when the muppet line was some what of a success, retailers STILL didn't want Fraggles. That's so odd.

BTW< anyone who is in the Palisades Collector's Club should check out Quinn's Custom Corner section. There is a fan-freaking-tastic Boober custom in there! It's down right amazing! I'd buy that in a heart beat!
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Theyd be on the discount rack in one month for 50% off, I guarantee. Thats what happens to all Muppet merch. Why don't they make less quantities?
    Im all for gobs and gobs of Muppet/Sesame/FR stuff, but if a company feels they are losing money it is because they need to realize Muppet fans are kind of underground and not as many as they think.

I hope we see more FR merch coming to Hot Topic and SunCoast.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Forums at www.palisadestoys.com
  5. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

If they make any less there won't be any at all! Have you no idea how small the series 8 run was? 9 will be even smaller.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You'd better be a CC member Beaker. Otherwise, the Palisades Police will be all over you faster than regular cops at a doughnut shop.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

I might be mistaken but i think i heard that was Quinns Boober. I'd like to see Palisades Gobo too if they ever decide to show it on the net. If the Fraggle figures turned out half as decent as that Boober i'm sure they'd go down very well if they could just be done for the collectors market.

PS :- Cory, it's done now anyway and you might not have been aware of it but links to the collectors club member pages aren't really supposed to be posted elsewhere on the net. I don't think there are any rules to it or that you can't do it (even Palisades themselves have said it is upto the individual what they do with the stuff) but be aware there may be some negative reaction from some people about that. It's a kinda conflict - the line needs all the help it can get right now but the members also paid extra cash to see the stuff placed in that area ....although IMO there has been so much posted in that area lately compared to anything posted in the public ones that it would be nice for them to let other people see it eventually after a while! :grouchy:
  9. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Actually... Luke, that custom Boober Fraggle figure wasn't made by Quinn/Gonzo, it was made by the forum member known as Uncle Deadly.
    Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Wow "Uncle Deadly" Rocks then!! Thanks for the info Count. This is why it really would be a crime against Fraggledom if everyone didn't have a chance to access a picture like that. It's one thing to talk about the cool possibilities of a Fraggle line but another completely for people to get an idea of what it would really turn out like. I'd hope maybe Palisades could use that and the Gobo sculpt to get a speciality retailer like Hot Topic to take a small run Fraggle line. They oughta show the fans these and start a feedback questionaire like HIT! are with the Fraggle DVD's to get an idea of how many sales they could expect and try and work it out.
  11. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Gobo was in the bit today at palisades! I'll go find the link...
  12. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

13. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Sadly the Disney sale may have totally messed things up. It's possible that Henson will still allow them to make a test figure, but with the Muppet line so close to ending, I doubt anything will come of this. They may be able to make the fraggle apart from the muppet line as a test, but I doubt they could do this with only one figure. Oh well.

He does need a lot of work though. I mean, a lot of work. A lot. Lot-o-work. The hair especially. Much work needed here.

Edit: Specifially the arms a too long and the hair isn't right at all. They are better off doing the hair as one piece and sculpting it to look stringy instead of trying to make it stringy. The head is off too. I hope that this gets some serious revision if it does get made.
  14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

HUGE BIG STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THOUGH!! I do love him, and would accept that. I agree on the length of the arms, and the hair looks okay to me (for later Gobo).

Boy, I hope they get made.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

and that is why I posted it...it was a work of a fan, *not* of Palisades...I never would post exclusive pix of Palsiades created work. Also, most the pix on Quinn's custom column can be seen on the artist's site itself. Besides, itd seem Uncle Deadly would want people to see his work. Now if Ken had posted the Gobo prototype I woul dnot have linked to those.

Now as for Ken finally revealing the gobo prototype...

ya can thank JHC for selling out, and that idiot Eisner for no tbuying FR for gobo not being released. Fraggle Rock WILL ALWAYS be *MUPPETS* regardless of what Disney's or JHC lawyers think. idiots.

Anyways, he looks gorgoues...and I guarantee if the plan had gone thru just as Ken wanted, this guy would have been on eof the biggest sellers. So thanks JHC and Disney for further splitting up the franchises!
  16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Usually people in the custom section post their own stuff a week after it is in the CC section. You really should not have posted his work without his OK.
  17. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

It's not a crime against Fraggledom.

And "UncleDeadly" will be posting more detailed pics on the Palisades Message Board within about two weeks.

And I *wish* I had sculpted that. Quinn don't gots that kinda skillz!

:boo: :sleep:
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

19. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think it would be if all Fraggle fans NEVER got to see those pics, or a great shame at least. I don't have a problem with the CC being shown things first, but i'm glad to hear that at least the various Fraggle stuff is being/will eventually be made public. Best to get them out there and pimping it all building up interest. It sounds from the "bit" that Palisades are still interested in doing Fraggles if it can be worked out at all and i see Hot Topic are taking an exclusive line of Ren & Stimpy so maybe a route is opening there, also maybe Walmart if the DVD's do well.

Sad to see Travis say that he doesn't know the state of the F4All Sesame license, i guess that answers whether Palisades had picked up the 6" figure license.
  20. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Or maybe he is throwing us off the trail....maybe.....please?

Palisades has always wanted to do the fraggles, but retailers are stupid. They don't think they will sell well and don't want to take the chance. From the bit it sounds like they wanted a test figure, but now who knows what will happen. If you ask me (and you didn't) Palisades should just ask Henson if they can test this figure via Palisades Direct. This way, they have the exact sales numbers that can be taken to retailers. I'm sure that a repainted Rizzo can sell out, the only fraggle action figure in existence can as well. Of course he shouldn't have a buying restriction.