1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, I'm all ready for Fraggle Figures to be made and given to us. They already know I'll buy it if they make it. I'm just waiting for the figures to be made.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Than why is it when ya go to Muppet Central or other prominent Mupept fan sites there is no distinction with Sesame, Fraggle, Bear, etc? Now I am not a fan of Danny due to personal differences, but I do enjoy the site for what its worth newswise, and like how there is no distinction between the brands. To all of us they will always be a part of the Jim Henson company.
  3. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Again, it does not matter what the fans say or think about the separation of brands. Palisades will get not flak from Disney if they make a single Fraggle figure as long as it is separate from the muppet line. Different packaging and no mention of Muppets on the package. It would simply be known, labeled, and sold as Fraggle merchindise.

WE can call them muppets all we want, but when it comes to license and control they are separate no matter what we may THINK.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well, whatever it takes to get these done...if only Palisades had had the foresight and clout to sneak at least one by under the guise of 'Muppets'. funny how a couple lawyers and some people selling out can change the course of everything.
  5. Fozzie Bear

But that course COULD mean action figures of Fraggles!!
  6. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

It's amusing how un-fragglish these fraggle posts tend to get. :smirk:

Nick
  7. Fozzie Bear

Yeah. All it takes is a discussion about fraggles to get a few slit throats, huh? heh heh
  8. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

What are you talking about? Would you rather we talk abot magic and songs instead of what it actually means to get the figures out?
  9. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

*sings* Every day the world begins again, come and follow me... :excited:
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well obviously Palisades knew that releasing pix woul donly stir up fan's feelings on the matter. All I know is, Palisades made Fraggle figures arent gonna happen now...tho maybe HIT! will make some cool FR figures next year.
  11. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

How do you know for sure that these figures are not going to happen? Maybe Palisades put out the pics to stir up fan interest and cause the fans to write letters to HIT, Henson, Palisades, and retailers. I am not going to give up on the idea of Palisades Fraggle figures yet - as the wise Mr. Lily says, "Anything is possible". Although they may not be on Palisades current schedule, things could change at any time.

*keeps fingers crossed and prepares to write several letters* (Boy, it sure is hard to write with my fingers crossed.) :p
  12. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Umm... yes.

Nick :smirk:
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I Did Something To Help The Cause

I wrote this to HIT:

(((((((Hi,
    I'm not really certain about who to address this to. From what I understand HIT has purchased the rights to Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock. That's great because now we'll finally have that series on DVD. My concern is from a different merchandising standpoint. The action figure company Palisades had been working out plans to produce Fraggle Rock action figures, but, things got sticky when Henson sold the rights to Fraggle Rock to HIT.

Here is a link to an article I'd like to show you regarding the Fraggle figures and the plans Palisades were tinkering with.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Misc/Thurs9_16_04.php

Since I'm a bit of a mad fraggle collector, I'd really like to see Fraggle Rock toys and especially action figures. It's been a dream of mine for close to 20 years and Palisades does very high quality work. So, since HIT will be releasing box sets of Fraggle Rock in the coming months, I think it'd be a great marketing strategy to produce Fraggle Rock toys to coincide with the DVD releases.

So anyway, I feel I need to try and do something so, if whoever reads this can point it in the right direction ( hopefully not to the trash ) you'd be doing a favor to many, many Fraggle Rock fans out there. <:)

Sincerely,

Nick Bondra ))))))

And today, I got a mildly positive reply:

(((((Mr. Bondra,

Thank you for contacting us. We will pass your comments to our Brand
    Team for future consideration.

Thank you for your interest in Fraggle Rock.

Kris

HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations ))))))

... so, it's a start. Mayhaps some of you other folks might give it a try?
    :smirk:

Nick
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey Nick,

Which address did you use? Y'know we have many Fraggle friends at HIT!
  15. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

16. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

HIT! Only owns the license rights. They are not a toy company. They have to find a toy compnay to sell the license to so that that compnay can make the figures. So, they may decide to sell the license to Palisades. The problem is that Palisades apprently needed to show that the figures could sell with a test figgure. Now will HIT allow a test figure? Who knows. Frankly, if Palisades has any guts they'd buy the license, release the test figure via Palisades Direct as soon as the ink on the contract is dry, and proceed from there.

Basically Palisades wants to make the line but only if they know the stores will sell the figures. If they really thought Fraggles would sell they's buy the license from HIT and THEN do the test and promote the **** out of the line. Right now, I think the ball is in Palisades court.
  17. Fozzie Bear

We don't know that for sure. Depends on who wins the licensing rights to produce products in the form of action figures.

Thanks to Foodie, I'm writing to HIT! to suggest the action figures, and linking them to Palisades' website.
    ====================
    I'm excited to discover that Fraggle Rock Season Sets will begin availability next fall!! YES!

I'd also like to suggest that you all market more Fraggle products, mainly action figures via Palisades Toys (www.palisadestoys.com) and you can discuss all that with Kenneth Lilly, whose email address is on their site and is the Product Manager. They already have some work done on prototypes (seen here at their site: http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Misc/Thurs9_16_04.php). I can guarantee sales of this product as there are a TON of Fraggle Fans, as I'm sure you've soon realized with the calls regarding Season Sets on DVD.

Please take this all into serious consideration, and hopefully license out--to Palisades (who made awesome Muppets figures)--rights to Fraggles figures!

Sincerely,
    Kevin L. Williams
    ====================
  18. Fozzie Bear

Hmm...my email was just returned to me. Dunno what happened. If another address becomes available, please let me know somebody!
  19. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Hmm. Keep trying I guess. :smirk:

Nick
  20. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

E-mails wouldn't do much good anyway. You need to send rea; written mail. Anyway can send an e-mail without thinking, but if a compnay sees that you took the time to actually mail a letter they sit and look at it.