1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jun 18, 2004.

?

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

Poll closed Sep 16, 2004.
  1. I'd pay up to $39 per box set

39 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. I'd pay up to $59 per box set

35 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. jediX

jediX Active Member

As I said, if this first one sells moderately well, seasons are probably imminent if they realize how high this demand is. Simpsons did it for a while on vhs, South Park has done it, Married... With Children released two 'best of' discs before releasing seasons, Spongebob has, several Anime shows have... I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I do agree with you two, though, on the fact that 2 for $15 is ridiculous. I mean, I had a problem paying $17 apiece for the 3-episode TMS discs when they first came out (which is why I held out until now to get the rest). The bottom line is that EVERYTHING Muppet-related is high-priced at the moment (excluding the movies, since those run about the same as other dvds).

TV dvd's are expensive enough as it is, but when each episode ends up costing about $7.50, they aren't going to sell a lot of copies if they don't go from singles to sets (seeing as most 22 minute-long episode, full season (22-25 episodes) sets equate to about $1.25 per episode or so).

Hopefully this series doesn't end up like the one in the mid 90's; having a handful of volumes at 2 episodes apiece (right? I don't feel like looking it up), only to end up discontinued 10 or so volumes in. At least the T/L TMS made it to 15... :smirk:
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

It's the same response that I had:

So, they have a base letter they're responding with.

However, it's still VERY important that we email and voice our desires. A company will take that into consideration if enough response is made to them!
  3. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

2 episodes per DVD is insane!!!!!!!!!! It makes no sense. I can download every episode for nothing and the quality ain't half bad. I see no reason to buy this dvd at all.
  4. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah but you way is stealing isn't it? :smirk:

Nick
  5. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

i can't wait just to see Fraggle Rock Again it's been too long
  6. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

No, what this company is doing with these dvds is stealing. Maybe when they realize no one wants a 2 episode dvd for 18 bucks they will learn their lesson and put out reasonably priced dvd sets.
  7. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

You do realize that this is just one DVD they're releasing to see how well it sells right?

Who said they'd be $18? The Muppet Show DVDs sell for less than that and they have at least 3 shows per disc.
    :smirk:

Nick
  8. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

It is likely that with tax and or shipping it will amont to about 18 dolars. And this is a pretty poor sales test if you ask me. 2 shows on a dvd is just not right.
  9. SpaceDog

SpaceDog New Member

I'm happy to know that Fraggle Rock is coming to DVD at all. I loved the show when it was on HBO, and haven't seen a bit of it since.
    I would be overjoyed if they would release full season sets. I'd really love to be able to take the complete series home and watch it again.
    I'll support the initial release, but beyond that, I really want to see season sets released.
  10. Oliver

Oliver New Member

The point being, is that any tests would prove futile regardless because HIT! is well aware of the demand for Fraggle Rock on DVD. If they weren't, they never would have picked up the licensing rights. Releasing a cheap 2-episode out of order barebones DVD will give absolutely no indication eitherway towards the preferrances nor perspectives of HIT!'s potential consumer base as it neither caters to Muppet fans, DVD enthusiasts, or even the casual consumer population who might've purchased this out of nostalgia or on a whim... at $12.99-16.99 and 50 minutes running time, whatever market tests HIT! hopes to achieve by releasing this "sampler" disc are already lost. There are much more effective and efficient ways of reaching the general public in order to determine what would prove prosperous in terms of a DVD release. This is just negligence.
  11. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yes it does. HIT! only knows about the drooling fanboys' interest in fraggle DVDs. If they release a test disc, people who maybe FORGOT about Fraggle Rock might be all " Hey! I remember this! * buys * ". How you you know if this tactic will fail or not? You have no proof. It's definitely not negligence. The term " negligence " doesn't even apply here. You should be glad that there's a company interested in releasing these at all. Why can't you internet folk ever see the flippin' BRIGHT SIDE of things? Some one wants to make Fraggle Rock DVDs. THAT'S A GOOD THING. :smirk:

Nick
  12. AndyL

AndyL New Member

Yea, I hear most corporations are run by toddlers that frequently throw temper tantrums over Internet forum posts.

well, we certainly wouldn't want to make everyone ******!!! Personally I hate when someone makes me ******!
    Worse yet is when someone uses an Internet forum to express an opinion I don't agree with! Instead of either agreeing or disagreeing or contributing to a discussion or debate, I like to post and tell them they shouldn't have posted it! That way people can tell how mature I am.

An opinion alone will not help or hurt anything. You know that.

Anyway, these aren't the fraggle dvds most of us want.
    For the past two or three years people here have been practically begging for a boxed set.
    Out-Of-Order two-episode disks will make a boxed set less likely. Not more so. They are not at all likely to encode the same episodes onto different disks. So if the disks they manufacture are out of order then a sequential boxed set isn't going to happen.
    We've been wanting for years, there's a petition with a ga-zillion signatures on it! Why should we compromise? Why settle for less than other countries have already gotten and be thankful for it?

That DVD boxed sets might not be in HIT's long term plans? Yes, I know. I don't want to hear that either. Looks that way though.

Cool. They didn't put that in my form letter. At least we know they're reading them. That's a good sign!

And "The Muppet Show"! ... no... wait.... that's not right.
  13. AndyL

AndyL New Member

Then I use lot's of pointless sarcasm so people can really see how mature I am! :excited:

-Andy
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

* giggles * :smirk:

Nick
  15. Fozzie Bear

It's only one DVD with two episodes on it, and nobody has even been able to indicate a REAL msrp for this item anyways. Except that there's a DVD with 2 episodes coming, everything in this thread is rumors.
    ---------------------------------------------

Gang,

I've only heard one complaint after another for years and years that there should be Fraggle Rock coming to DVD, and now that it's on the way I hear complaint after another that it's coming!!

People, seriously, is it that hard to be pleased? I shouldn't think so. The test market is our chance to buy the dvd's, show HIT that Fraggle Rock has a market, post here what we desire from them as far as DVDs, and hope for the best.

I WANT FRAGGLE ROCK ON DVD! I want to see it made season by season in chronological order with all the Fraggle-y goodness and extras that they can find!

Look past the official 2 ep dvd for the test market and see the BIG PICTURE!! There's hope on the horizon, but all anybody is doing is bashing it. Think about, and post about, what you would like to see if the test market works and they DO produce full sets of DVDs regarding Fraggles.

C'mon! Where's the positive attitudes??

Rick-a rack-a brick-a brack-a sisk-boom-bah!
    Fraggle Rock! Fraggle Rock! Rah rah rah!!
  16. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

much love to the fraggles it will be alright we will wake up the next day with love for the Fraggles
  17. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Ah say AMEN! :smirk:

Nick
  18. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

i just bought a 3 episode disc of Garfeild today (6/29) so that they know people want it on season disc later this year when it comes out
  19. Fozzie Bear

Thank you, Deacon! :D
  20. blackurth

blackurth New Member

hmmmm

now here's my thoughts on the first two episode disc,if this disc is going to help get a box set then by all means get it.BUT the thing I'm worried about is IF they start releasing vol2 and then vol3 and then vol4 and them vol5 all with two episodes each THEN deciding after these 5 releases they decide to release a box set,that would be a ripp off,now a vol1 and a vol2 is plenty enough to test the waters...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.