Fraggle Rock DVD Petition

Wembley

Reaction score
Of course, my question is why has there been no new FR stuff made since 1988? I know that Henson co. wanted to put a good ending on the series, and it was done very well. However, the door was left open for more stuff to be made, like movies, or a new series even. I for one, would love to see Gobo and Doc do more together now that they are friends, and of course, the Gorgs and the Fraggles are now friends, too.

Of course, a movie seems more likely than a new series. Heck it took 10 or so years to get the first Star Trek movie ... its been 14 years since the end of FR. If a little yellow thing that just says "Pika-choo!" can get three movies, surely there's a place for the Fraggle Five on the silver screen!

I know that Sprocket made an appearance in MCC, but the only other thing we have seen the Fraggles in is MFC and Uncle Matt's cameo in MTM. Are there any other Fraggle sightings in any other Muppet movies?

-Rick

Jessie

Reaction score
Rick

Do you remember Bagooney? (spelling) He (it) made a guest appreance in MCC. Very small--just a background appearance. As for Doc- did he not pass away a few years back? Someone had mentioned that he had...:0(

Luke

Reaction score
David

Nope - i'm not sure about how the Disney/Henson thing is going - i think they are probably playing the waiting game. Once EMTV goes down the pan they can swoop and pick the company up real cheap !

It seems we have found one topic where Disney owning Henson WOULD actually be an advantage to us. I too believe that besides their Fullscreen policy that Disney are quite receptive to releasing what the fans want after a while. I've always said that one of the things missing from Henson is the power to distribute effectively and with Disney they would have access to all that, and the retail outlets. It must be giving all the Disney haters a heart attack !

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
Just imagine if the Fraggle DVDs went on sale and were promoted in every Disney Store in every mall accross the U.S.

hmmmm.

Jessie

Reaction score
-Dave-

Is this a bad thing or a good thing?

KPrell

Reaction score
Doc's alive and well

Jessie -

I spoke to Gerry Parkes in Toronto a few weeks ago and he's fine and still working. And still sounds like our beloved Doc!

You're probably thinking of Fulton McKay, who played the Captain in the early UK Fraggle shows. Yes, he did pass away, oh, around 10 years ago.

Karen

Jessie

Reaction score
-Karen-

Yes, Captain was the person I was thinking of. I'm sure that Doc wouldn't appreciate me wishing him away! That's really cool that you still speak to him though.
*Sprocket, you can move now..."

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey ,
We reached 600 Entries today !

I added one of Jerry Juhl's Memories that he sent me !
go to the 'Memories' section to read it !

Oh and dont forget, Spread the word !

www.PetitionOnline.com/Fraggle

See ya

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
Here's something else we can do too...

contact Henson directly and tell them we want Fraggle Rock on DVD...that we want the *all* and we want them in *order*....

fanmail@henson.com

dave :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Hey Guys,
I think it would also help for people to call and write letters.

Address your letters to one of these people -

Debbie Fine,
Karina Gee,
Isabella Miller,
Brian Grimmer,
Betts Fitzgerald...

All at this address -

The Jim Henson Company
Sr. Vice President, Licensing
117 East 69th Street
New York, NY 10021
212-794-2400

Today we reached 700 Entries , It is picking back up again !!

Keep Spreadin' -
www.PetitionOnline.com/Fraggle

See ya