Fraggle Rock fanfic: Everything Seems To Sing

Redsonga

Reaction score
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Diary,
If only I was more sensible....

It was almost too dark to be afraid of the darkness itself.

If there had been anything to look at however Mokey would have still been fixed on her own feet beneath her where they silently ached. She felt the furry paw of Murray squeeze her own hand as they walked in line, each holding on to the one before them to avoid getting lost in the blackness.
They were all lead by Balsams' firefly like tail, that for once had slowed the insects hurried weaving about.

But somehow, Mokey's own feelings of guilt from the day before dimmed that tiny light to her almost closed eyes.

How oh how could she had been so careless? She had broken her oath, Cantus would never forget her! Cantus would never…

"Do you play any instruments Mokey?"

Mokey nearly jumped in the air at Cantus ' clear steady voice, wrapped in this darkness that seemed to demand all travelers though it talk only in whisper at their bravest.

"Pardon?" She asked in a small, unsure voice, more than happy to obey the Quarry of Shadows unspoken law after all the trouble she was sure she had been the cause of…

I really am just a silly little fraggle after all…

It had been mid-day by the time they finally came to the famous limestone curtains that day.
What had once been stalagmites from the ground and stalactites from the heavens of the caves had dripped down over thousands of years to drape ether side of the large cave like the opening to a cathedral make of ivory white stone.

But the most lovely things about the cave were ones that two fraggles and one cat creature all took in at the same time, washing over them in its own mini curtain of excitement.

"A tree!"

"Aw, groovy, the sky!"

"WATER!"

The large oak tree with its' crackled grey bark still reached toward the sky that peeked though the gaps of the hole where it had fallen into the cavern untold ages ago.

Around one side of its' fraggle sized roots the pool of water ran crisp and clear, looking as if it was fed by the same waters that had eroded the earth and concrete around the tree.

Mokey picked her way gingerly though the surrounding rubble, collecting a bottlecap here and stopping to sniff a cigarette butt there, putting it back down in disgust, as she finally reached the oaks' side.

In the background Brio did a cannonball with a half twist into the pool, creating a mini-tidal wave that left a very sad looking Balsam dripping wet and flicking his wings with an annoyed buzzing.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*bumps for new members*
More will be added to this soon:smile:.
Please feel free to read Midnight Place if you haven't, link in the first post :smile:.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Murray flashed a lopsided grin in the direction of the young lilac fraggle that was now pressed to the tree's truck, embracing the small patch her arms were able to contain like a long lost friend.

"Now that's some heavy green love right there if I ever did see any…" He whispered with a lite purr , scooping up a small cup of water in his paws to drink.

He poured a last remaining trickle over the top of his red furred head and spoke again, this time loud enough for their traveling guest to hear.

" Good thing we found this pool. If Brio doesn't get wet through once every couple of days she starts looking like a raisin, not a pretty sight let me tell you."

Brio resurfaced near her carefully laid aside glasses on the poolside with an extra energetic wave that made the cool and collected guitar player jump backward with a hiss.

"Who is the raisin?"

The short fraggles pink hair was heavy with water, slicked back in a neat bowl shape behind bright circular black eyes that were clearly not there before. They looked just the same as normal fraggle eyes, being set together and very expressive, but clearly had an extra glossy shine, picking up the color of the surrounding water.

"Hey, lay off me, Buttercup. You know too much water's up there on my hate list." Murray shivered from head to toe, edging toward where Cantus was now floating on his back in the shallow water.
Sensing something was about to get less than peaceful, their leader dived away in the other direction without a sound like a quick flash of golden brown seaweed in the sun.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, in that case....
Murray flashed a lopsided grin in the direction of the young lilac fraggle that was now pressed to the trees truck, embracing the small patch her arms were able to contain like a long lost friend.
I think you meant "now pressed to the tree's trunk". Just to nitpick :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fixed and such :smile:. Those commas and things will eat me someday...

Redsonga

Reaction score
"How could anyone hate water? It is life!" Brio said with a laugh. "Here, have some more living, it is a gift!"

The small fraggle dove underwater, sending out a wave toward the cat like musician with a well praticed dolphin kick.

"Hey! Oh, now you asked for it!" The dripping wet Murray said with a sneeze, his now visible whiskers twitching as he waded waist deep into the pool.

"First submerse, last splash!" Brio said, giggling as she dove again and again, just out of her band-mates reach, flicking bright droplets up into the air.

She was so good at splashing, in fact, that some distance away at the tree Lanford's brown and purple dotted jaws soon drank their fill before closing with a heavy sigh.

"Do you remember big trees Lanford?"

Lanford shook his head, turning his stem toward the giant oak with a gurgled greeting. The tree, being a tree, only answered with the hollow sound of a breeze through its tilted branches. The crumbled carious plant's jaws turned upward for a brief moment as a single leaf fell down from those dizzying heights into his pot. Lanford contracted his spring-like body around the small leaf, settling back into half consciousness.

"They are just so... wonderful and... scratchy and..a nail?" Mokey's rambling to her sleeping pet was stopped short as she reached up to examine a rusty piece of metal sticking from the oak's trunk. Her sweater sleeve left a clean path through the thick layer of dirt covering the curious looking thing the nail supported: a once white sign with blazing red lettering...

NO TRESPASSING.

The fraggle considered the words for a moment, looking the sign up and down from one side and then the next, unaware of the taller golden fraggle that approached to stand silently behind her.

"How sad...just to keep tresses from passing," Mokey said at last with a sigh.

"It hurts for a time, but time forgets," Cantus said as he to gazed up at the tree, his nearby voice making the younger fraggle jump in surprise. "It grows around it."

"B..But, i..it's still living," Mokey replied, "No.. No I think, maybe if it only was..."

She reached up on tip-toe again, this time gripping the nail tightly with all eight fingers and giving the ancient piece of silly creature workmanship a sharp tug.