Fraggle Rock film in development

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'd like to know who's definitely on board among the performers, and also, where it's going to shoot (i.e. Toronto or someplace else). Also gotta wonder if any of the original second tier performers will be back (like Cheryl Wagner, Terry Angus, Rob Mills, Trish Leeper, Gord Robertson, Bob Stutt, John Pattison etc.)

I'm assuming Karen will be on board as she DID come back to voice Red for the "Doin' Things that Doozers Do" DVD trivia game.

I wonder if perhaps Jerry will dub Gobo, Pa, Marjory et al rather than personally puppeteer them. This was done surprisingly often on the show and it's often unnoticeable (like Steve performing Red in the episode "Red's Club", although it's obvious that someone else is performing Boober as the lip-synch doesn't match up).

And Kathy Mullen- where is she now?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MWoO

Reaction score
Kathy Mullen was Leona on BEtween the Lions for season 1 and 2 and was Allegra on Allegras Window, the show on Nick Jr. awhile back. She also did other puppet work, but nothing muppet other than Fraggle Rock which is odd.

According to IMDB all of the original fraggles are listed with their original performers, but of course IMDB is subject to change at all times. But since everyone in the original five is still alive, I don't see why they wouldn't all be back. Jerry did an interview for the season 1 set and he can still do the voices just fine. He must have gotten over that cold or whatever it was that he had for awhile. We know Steve and Dave are VERY active performers and apprently Cathy is an active performer too, just more low key it seems. Karen should be game as well. So expect the original cast unless something horrible happens, and I hope it doesn't. The only recast will of course be Jr. Gorg, assuming they even use Junior.

I'm not really sure if I want Junior recast. It might be best to just not use his character for this one. Of course since the movie is suppose to take palce in the "real" world it might be cool to see a giant Junior Gorg stomping down the street running after fraggles. I just hope they don't dramitically change the sets and puppets. Sprucing them up for a movie would be nice, but no weird changes that sometimes happen when a TV show goes the movie route.

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Thats so far away.:frown:

I know, but it takes atleast a year to make a feature film and I don't think they have even started shooting yet.

Monster

Reaction score
Jerry "Gobo" Nelson

I am an artist for Sesame Street and i was just at a party celebrating Jerry Nelson- but I forgot to ask him if he is DEFINITELY going to play Gobo and Pa Gorg and The Trash Heap again. Does anyone know what the story is on this?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I really do hope Jerry comes back. On the audio CD for "It's Not Easy Bein' Green and Other Things To Consider," he does Gobo's voice, and I recognized it immediately! I thought, "How nice it will be for him to return to performing Gobo!"

I've said it a million times and I'll continue to say it: I love Jerry, he's the best, and I think it would be awesome to just go hang out and go partying with the man!! LOL!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope they get EVERYONE they can back on board for the movie. Maybe a new franchise will even open up and a new series for the Fraggles!!!