Fraggle Rock film in development

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. Star-power in Muppet films is lacking these days. They get vogue-popular stars who whither and fade in a few years.

I would rather see a story about the Fraggles and some non-descript cameoes of actors who are not so "popular" and who can actually appear in the movie without that "Hulk Hogan" advertisement we saw in MFS. That stunk.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I agree. Star-power in Muppet films is lacking these days. They get vogue-popular stars who whither and fade in a few years.

I would rather see a story about the Fraggles and some non-descript cameoes of actors who are not so "popular" and who can actually appear in the movie without that "Hulk Hogan" advertisement we saw in MFS. That stunk.

Yeah like some classy stars like Tom Hanks, Dick Van Dyke, Ellen Degeneres, Billy Crystal, Bill Cosby. I want to see those kinds of people in Muppet films.

unclematt

Reaction score
I really feel confident about this project and while I dont feel it will fair well at the box office, I think us true Muppet fans will be beyond satisfied with the project. Although I might be wrong as I didnt think The Wallace and Gromit movie was going to do well either.

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I really feel confident about this project and while I dont feel it will fair well at the box office, I think us true Muppet fans will be beyond satisfied with the project. Although I might be wrong as I didnt think The Wallace and Gromit movie was going to do well either.
I expected it to do okay. Wallace and Gromit seems to be quite a rage these days.

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I expected it to do okay. Wallace and Gromit seems to be quite a rage these days.
I kind of thought the Wallace and Gromit rage was like a few years ago.

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I kind of thought the Wallace and Gromit rage was like a few years ago.
I think that may have been its peak, but people still enjoy it. Its sorta like South Park. It was huge about 5 or so years ago and now its just sorta floating around but still liked by groups.

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I think that may have been its peak, but people still enjoy it. Its sorta like South Park. It was huge about 5 or so years ago and now its just sorta floating around but still liked by groups.
Got ya

Camellia

Reaction score
Who owns rights to the Fraggles?

hi, I've been "out of the loop" a little :smile:

Who owns rights to produce the Fraggles? JHC still or Disney?

thanks! :smile:
Camellia

theprawncracker

Reaction score
JHC still, but HIT! Entertainment owns the rights to realeasing the DVD's and I think the merchandise as well.

unclematt

Reaction score
Is this movie definately a go. I dont want to get my hopes up.