Fraggle Rock film in development

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned it, but what about the music? Being FR, it should have original songs, right? Do you think it will? Do you think that they'll try to bring back Phil Balsam and Dennis Lee? On a side note, the only Oscar nominations ever accorded to Muppet movies were for music, and that's the best shot this pic would have, also. Oscar for Balsam & Lee! An acceptance speech that thanks Jim Henson!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, it DEFINITELY has to have original songs. That's what Fraggles do: Sing and dance.

I get more and more excited thinking about this movie!

unclematt

Reaction score
Dance you cares away = music to dance to = singing, fraggles cant resist singing when thier is music

BEAR

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
Whenever they plan the music, It should be done 80s style, music and setting whise. I can't picture FR with pop and rap music. Gosh Forbit. :eek:
I agree with what you are saying but I don't think I would even consider the music to be "80s style". It had more of a 60-70s hippie feel to it. But, yes, it should have the same sort of feel that the music always had on the show. I wouldn't mind if they revamped the theme song a little though just to make it fresh. Just a new orchestration.

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I agree with what you are saying but I don't think I would even consider the music to be "80s style". It had more of a 60-70s hippie feel to it. But, yes, it should have the same sort of feel that the music always had on the show. I wouldn't mind if they revamped the theme song a little though just to make it fresh. Just a new orchestration.
I think they shouldnt touch the theme at all. Save the new music for in the movie:smirk:

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I think they shouldnt touch the theme at all. Save the new music for in the movie:smirk:

I didn't mean change the song, I just meant freshen up the orchestration of it. Give it more of a kick. They probably will anyway.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree that Fraggle singing hip-hop and rap would be the worst thing!

I hope we get a sentimental pipe-played, "Let me be your song," type song in the film.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't think about the music in the movie. Yeah, it should open the same way it always has with the same theme song, but updated video.

The music in the show was varied. It wasn't 80's style. They had country, blues, soul, gospel, and so many other types of music. I would HOPE that whoever was involved on the show would be involved here as well and make the music maintain the feel that it always did.

doozer_girl

Reaction score
Hey, I have a question. Does anyone know if we can expect any cameo appearances in this film (muppets or famous humans)?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Eh, I'm hoping against star cameos- doesn't fit with the original spirit of the show IMO.

However, if they wanted to cast, say Ned Shimmelfinney and Ms. Ardath, that could be interesting. Paging Christopher Plummer! Paging Christopher Plummer! Can't think of anyone for Ms. Ardath, but perhaps someone else here will.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole