1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I have to say that while it is expensive as all-get-out, I am really liking the special features on this series set!
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, there really is not much new at all:sympathy:. Maybe one new thing, but the Red short might not be in it at all:(. *sigh* I just don't have the money...
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No offense, but that's a perfect way to make sure they DON'T release it. The only way they'll release the rest of the series separately and maybe move on to the 13 episode cartoon series (Completisit) is if we tell them directly we want it. I have a feeling they know we're upset, and they will release it eventually... but they might just be holding it hostage until the movie comes out, or gets closer to the release date (pretty stupid, if you ask me... since they seem to be doing it backwards).
  4. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I do believe they know how upset we are..but they are betting on that the hardcore fans are so hard core that they can't pass on this set if they don't know if a separate boxset will be released. On the other hand they are shooting them selfs in the foot, since many of the hardcore fans apparently are buying the Australian release and will properly not buy the Season 4 set IF it comes out. I don't think they were aware about the Australian set. I was able to contact a representative of the complete set and she did not know about a Australian season 4 boxset. On the other hand she could not say anything about a single season 4 set.....
  5. Drtooth

Though Downloading will not solve anything. I admit, I like to watch things on Youtube and stuff, but I would rather buy an official product in any case. it supports the series and project, as well as not looking like someone's hand me down video tape.
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I know, I would also have loved to continue the support of the Fraggle line, but this stunt have to be punished....and the only way is either to buy the Australian release and download the bonus disc from the complete set or download the complete set entirely. The first option is the best since that way the Henson company will still gain a little money from the support.
  7. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

HIT's distribution of Fraggle Rock is worldwide. The Australian sets were licensed through HIT, so they are most certainly aware of them. Their customer service reps, however, often know less than we do.

The thing about the Australian Season 4 is that it may not be complete. Sidebottom Blues might not be included and, if so, should make the Region 1 releases (Complete Collection or potential Season 4) much more desireable.
  8. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

I have a friend who owns that Australian Season 4 set and according to her, it is indeed missing Sidebottom Blues.

And as far as HIT releasing a stand-alone Season 4 here in the States... I would like to go on record and say that I, for one, believe they will by March. In fact, I wouldn't put it past them to very quietly get it out on shelves either alongside or very shortly after the full series boxset. It may indeed just magically appear next to the big box without any warning whatsoever.
  9. Drtooth

I would make it appoint for someone to buy the Complete collection JUST to see if Sidebottem Blues is on it. Though, (for the trillionth time) I can't see why they can't just take the disks from the season 4 portion of the collection and put them in a different box... :eek:
  10. Traveling Matt

It was mentioned previously that Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water is listed on both Season 3 and Season 4. Is that episode on both sets?
  11. Traveling Matt

I can't imagine that being a problem. The Complete Collection should be complete. HIT will have direct control over the product.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Do you mean the 4th season special features don't look like much?
  13. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I mean all together if you you already have the first three seasons the whole series set does not really offer much new in the way of extras IMHO:sympathy:.
  14. Davina

Davina Member

for me it's more a case of.. i already have the first 3.. why would I want to buy the whole series and have duplicates of just 3/4th's of it.. what am I to do with the "left over" bits? can't really give them to someone else or something.. that would just be.. well, rude..
    why would i want to re-buy stuff i already own just to get stuff they promised us would be available on it's own...
  15. heralde

Oh ok yeah I get you. ;)

I don't think so. You can try donating to a library, school or charity. Or to a friend. A lot of people would love to have those DVDs and can't afford them. :)
  16. Davina

Davina Member

really? cuz it just seems rude to me to be intentionally giving someone part of something you know they can't get the final piece to.. like giving a kid a broken toy or something... get em hooked on the show but then say "nope, sorry, you don't get to find out how it ends" (ya know. like they tried doing with Farscape, and Firefly..we just got lucky on those 2 shows and got an ending, but we could easily come up with a long list of ones that didn't....)
    just doesn't sit well with me...
  17. heralde

Honestly, I thought that way too. But a lot of kids will never get to see any of them otherwise, and would be thrilled to even get one. It would be rude if the DVDs were all scratched up definitely, hehe. But being able to see Fraggle Rock in any form wouldn't be, IMO, and several people I discussed about it. :)
  18. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

And most tv shows don't have an ending at all...but you know, with an ending as good as FRs is it does seem a shame they would miss it. It's like saying a good tv story should or could end a certain way but not having anything to use as an example for the younger generations :(
  19. heralde

Yeah, but then again it may eventually become available. And there are a lot of shows I loved as a kid that I never got to see the ending for, not until years later. But I'm glad I saw them at all. :)
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well of course most have endings..I just mean ones where the whole plot really comes together and it is truly an end that makes everything fall into place, not just a glued on one to make fans feel better about things ending early, you know? FR is really one of the only shows I felt that with...