From the DrTooth Rant Files- Stupid New Game Shows

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The only game show that doesn't exploit people or make them act up or dumb them down is Wheel Of Fortune. The game show itself is just how it was 20 years ago, albeit different prizes and the set no longer has the three colored things in the background, red, yellow, and blue. And there isn't a curtain that opens up and lets Pat and Vanna come out. But you know what I'm getting at.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I can't stand Wheel of Fortune. But that's mainly because it's a horrible show to listen to on the radio or when you have your back turned to the TV. Not because of the show itself.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Price is Right is almost like how it was when Bob hosted.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its her voice that bothers me. As a person she is a great host...just...that voice...uuugggghhh :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only game show that doesn't exploit people or make them act up or dumb them down is Wheel Of Fortune. The game show itself is just how it was 20 years ago, albeit different prizes and the set no longer has the three colored things in the background, red, yellow, and blue. And there isn't a curtain that opens up and lets Pat and Vanna come out. But you know what I'm getting at.
I really think Jeopardy is an even better example. I mean, you have to KNOW something to be on that show. I mean, how many people do you know can remember what Louie XIV's favorite preparation of meat is? And the contestants are well behaved. Any other game show would have these tacky, loud touristy looking people jumping up and down like idiots when they get something right, or win a prize. They look very professional. Even the host of the show has a quiet dignity, and seems appologetic when a contestant answers wrong.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My Grade 7 English teacher was going to be on Jeopardy, but I never saw him...