From the DrTooth Rant Files- Stupid New Game Shows

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
It's not The Moment of Truth, it's "The Moment We Destroy Your Diginity and Ruin Your Life On National, Network Television That Will Result In Your Wife Divorcing You, Your Boss Firing You, and Your Friends No Longer Speaking To You."
Woah, that was intentse. but your right. I wonder what game show the'll think of next?

*Imagans a new game show*

("Are You Smarter Than A Pick-Up Truck", staring Larry the Cable Guy)

*goes back to reality*
woah, things that make you go :eek:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would hope someone was ssmarter than a pick-up truck.

PS...your post just cheered me up :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:attitude: Most game shows are about exploiting the "little guy" for ratings. This has become more grossly evident with reality programs like Big Brother, Survivor and the Bachelor. My life isn’t that interesting, but I feel no need to live vicariously through half-naked, cap-toothed pretty people with those sorts of values. Can’t believe I just said that, but it’s honestly how I feel.

:shifty: The snark-factor is also filtering through more traditional game shows by yanking the chain of the contestants like in Deal or No Deal and Millionaire. I've always found these pretty distasteful. I don't watch Jeopardy, but I get that program as it's a legitimate quiz/game show. There are other shows out there that provide actual entertainment rather than exploitation.

:smirk: Deal or No Deal is insulting in its simplicity and is it me or has Howie Mandel devolved into being more snarky than ever? I guess that makes him a good fit for this trash TV. A step up from that show would be -How Many Jellybeans Are In This Jar? (Kicks soap box)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Woah, that was intentse. but your right. I wonder what game show the'll think of next?

*Imagans a new game show*

*goes back to reality*
woah, things that make you go :eek:
I laughed so hard I peed my shorts!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But if it's something or someone you care for, you wouldn't stand for it then, either.
Good point!

thats what my dad always says

he also says if you do something stupid like fall, make it into a big production to make people laugh :stick_out_tongue:
That how I feel too! Somtimes after I do something embarrassing and it amuses people I take a bow and they stop laughing...

Have you guys seen "Moment of Truth"? Now that's hard core. Those people just get up there and ruin there lives!
No! But I've heard all about it and it sounds like a jerk.

That's EXACTLY what I've been saying! It's not The Moment of Truth, it's "The Moment We Destroy Your Diginity and Ruin Your Life On National, Network Television That Will Result In Your Wife Divorcing You, Your Boss Firing You, and Your Friends No Longer Speaking To You."
I know it. But the people on this show know exactly what their getting into before they go on the show. So they seem to be asking for it.

I can't wait... *sticks out tongue*

:attitude: Most game shows are about exploiting the "little guy" for ratings. This has become more grossly evident with reality programs like Big Brother, Survivor and the Bachelor. My life isn’t that interesting, but I feel no need to live vicariously through half-naked, cap-toothed pretty people with those sorts of values. Can’t believe I just said that, but it’s honestly how I feel.

The snark-factor is also filtering through more traditional game shows by yanking the chain of the contestants like in Deal or No Deal and Millionaire. I've always found these pretty distasteful. There are other shows out there that provide actual entertainment rather than exploitation.
I could not agree with these statement more. You said it perfectly, so I have nothing to say.

I laughed so hard I peed my shorts!
Yuck! :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aye! All this time I've been taught no one likes a bully, treat others the way you want to be treated, don't laugh or get shameful pleasure off the pain of others... and yet these shows are hits? Are people really that sadistic? Apparently so. Jim Henson's dream was to make others happy, and yet we have these schizters coming to TV networks and promoting the same corporate slime over and over.

The Moment of Truth? On Ultra-Rightwing, traditionalist values, Conservative fan favorite Fox? How come when it comes to decency on television, censorfreaks are all to ready to cover up an animated butt crack, but are suspiciously absent when terrible values permiate through? Do people really NEED that ego boost by seeing someone ruin their lives? This is almost as bad as Roman Bread and Circus, and we all know how crazy the Romans were.

The TV contestants are basically the Christians and Jews they threw to the Lions for entertainment, only the contestants are gluttons for attention and greedy for a measily Million (not half of what whomever comes up with the idea-i.e. steals it from anopther country- makes). Even the supposedly "inspirational" (cough cough Thinsporational) Biggest Loser. Sure, they want you to think its about people losing weight, but the truth is, it's just about seeing fatty mud wrestle and eat food like a pig. Yeah. That makes me want to go on that program....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Aye! All this time I've been taught no one likes a bully, treat others the way you want to be treated, don't laugh or get shameful pleasure off the pain of others... and yet these shows are hits?
In a word... I think so.:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The whole "Are You Smarter Than a Pickup Truck" reminds me of an episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy where Eddy comes up with what he thinks is his smarter scam yet...

EDDY: We, the Eds, are smarter than...
ED: *Interrupting* Onions?
EDDY: No Ed, we're smarter than...
ED: *Interrupting* Buttered toast? Gravy? A BUS DRIVER?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
The whole "Are You Smarter Than a Pickup Truck" reminds me of an episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy where Eddy comes up with what he thinks is his smarter scam yet...
I'm glad I made some people smile with that, that was just off the top of my head.
EDDY: We, the Eds, are smarter than...
ED: *Interrupting* Onions?
EDDY: No Ed, we're smarter than...
ED: *Interrupting* Buttered toast? Gravy? A BUS DRIVER?
What episode of EEn'E was that from?