1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funniest Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by FraggleRockRock, Sep 27, 2007.

1. The episode Boober Gorg, when Boober sings I'm a Little Stewpot.
    Borples likes this.
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Any time Red talks about violent adventures to Mokey and acts all clueless when Mokey tells her those stories are too violent.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  3. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, "The Challenge" is full of one-liners:

Boober: Argument, nothing, it's an attempted coup!

Pa Gorg: Ah, here comes my beautiful wife, and my semi-beautiful son!

Boober: Yes, but I feel great sympathy. The Grim Reaper comes for us all.

Junior Gorg: Hey, pick up the tempo, will ya? I want a dirge you can dance to!

The whole fixing-the-roof bit in "The Battle of Leaking Roof" is funny - and like I said a while back, the whole bit with the Poohbahs is a laugh riot.
  4. TelephoneRock

TelephoneRock New Member

Delta Shout:
    In A Friend in Need, Wembley's trying to tell the others about the nightmare he had but he's not making any sense at all.
    "What did we do the last time it happened?"
    "Turn him upside down!"
    :coy:what? NO!

Me:
    I remember when they turned him upside-down, and while they were crying he fainted with a funny look on his face! x-D
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

What I love about that line is the way it's delivered. He doesn't say it as if it's odd that the souffle is actually walking. It sounds more like he's exasperated that he has to go after it now.

I crack up during the entire Poohbahs episode. Especially the Vangaurd getting innocent and guilty mixed up.
    "She can't be innocent! I don't know what the word means."

I also think the scene in the Rock Hockey Hanna episode where Boober thinks Red's slipped into a coma and then when Mokey shows up with Red he tells Red that Red's in a coma is hilarious.
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I think that some of Boober's silly side was coming out in that puppet. Not exactly Sidebottom, but an echo of him.

Most of the funny moments that come to my mind are Boober moments. In Scared Silly, when he tells Wembley "It's all in the timing" and kisses him. When Gobo comes across Red, Mokey, and Boober, who are heading out to picnic; Gobo says "Hi, Red. Hi Mokey," and after a pause Boober said reproachfully, "Hi, Boober." When the rest of the Five pick Boober up and use him as a Sprocket detector. Ha!

(Note: quotes are paraphrases; I haven't gotten the episodes memorized yet.)
    Duke Remington and Borples like this.
  7. Gonzo's Hobbit

I find it funny whenever Wembley thinks he's dying/dead and it's usually because of Boober in some way.
    Borples likes this.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Yea, there's that one. Then there's "I wanna be you," where Red tried to be like Mokey and Boober thinks it's a disease and at the end he and Wembley are lying on the ground because they think they have it. Then there's Scared Silly when Wembley thinks he killed Boober and then he thinks he killed himself as a result of trying to scare Boober. And I want to say there's at least one over but I can't remember which one it is.
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Boober can be a big ol' hypochondriac, and as pointed out in Pebble Pox Blues one's perception of health threats can affect how they affect you. Sometimes a minor allergic reaction might be overlooked, and at other times his mindset (and other exacerbating factors, perhaps) might cause a more dramatic reaction.
  10. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

The part of Pebble Pox Blues when Boober denies his fear of illness, Red points out he has Pebble Pox, and Boober faints is really funny.
  11. Borples

Borples Active Member

I love the beginning of Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water, all of it. It goes right into "Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink," which is just a wonderfully funny, happy song, and includes Wembley sidling up to Red while singing "I believe in love," and her making her "Uch" face. After that, everyone's dialogue is hilarious:

:smirk:: Nope. You can squeetily boink all you want to, Wembley, but I don't hear a thing.
    :coy:: Well, maybe it's a gift. A special talent that I alone possess!
    :excited:: Maybe it's a curse. A special weirdness that you alone are stuck with.

And then:

:coy:: I don't care; let 'em laugh. I believe there is water in this rock. *poke poke* I don't believe it! There's WATER in this ROCK!

And then the others come back and there's no water, and one of my favorite Boober lines of all time:

:sigh:: You know, I'm really kind of disappointed. Strawberry fizzy water might have been wonderful in those little molded salads. With, with maybe some celery...or those tiny marshmallows? ...Hey, where'd you guys go?

I think I could watch the first five minutes of that episode on repeat all day and be perfectly happy. :)
  12. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

Boober's Quiet Day, the entirety of Boober in the gypsy costume and slowly getting more and more into his disguise, especially when singing Gypsy Moon.
  13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I think the Swedish Chef impression from sprocket is pure comedy gold! I wonder if there was a moment where one of the Fraggles would do a double take and say "hubba hubba wha?" as if something crazy happened out of nowhere.
  14. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

When I first saw that episode, I just started laughing and laughing. What a cute way to get someone to stop gibbering. :coy:

Oh yea. Classic Boober there. He sees that he is ill and he freaks. :sigh:

Yes, and that is one of the things that makes Boober who he is.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The absolute most greatest absolute hilarious moment of Fraggle Rock, no contest, would be the roll call bit in the Poohbah episode.
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Just watched that recently actually and I agree, that entire episode had me on the floor, lolol. :excited:
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes, the, I repeat, the best episode of Fraggle Rock!
  18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

As far as funny episodes, Red And The Invisible Thief has to be up there, with the Council of Eminent Sages, and Red sleep-eating.
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol I actually was considering saying that and I'm so glad you did it for me. I agree, if I had to choose an episode to show someone, it would be the Poobahs. :)
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Same with me, except, I would actually have to show them two episodes, the other being the first one, "Beginnings." I don't know if it's like that for everyone, but for me I didn't get the series until I saw that episode. I had two episodes on tape, and the show didn't really make any sense to me until I saw that first one.