1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funniest Fraggle Moments

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by FraggleRockRock, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

This is why I said, "With all due respect." I wasn't trying to be insulting, it's just that a lot of the things he listed as absolute hilarity struck me as something... well... different. Not in a bad way.

MOVING ON...

Philo and Gunge seem to bring a lot of their own humor to the table as well. I liked their interpretations of Sprocket's language.
  2. SweetMayhem

SweetMayhem New Member

The episode I laughed the hardest at the first time I saw it was definitely Manny's Land of Carpets. I just thought it was hilarious how they thought the radio was talking to them and giving them directions. Manny's Land of Carpets... Bubba's Burger Barn... Sally Spotless Cleaners... love it!:excited:
  3. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

The real funny part of that episode is that beatnik-looking fraggle with the deep voice. :smirk:
  4. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, I really like the episode with the Poohbahs - I mean, the whole bit with them calling each other Fritz is a nod to the Bruce sketch in Monty Python. I also like the two languages, uffafluff and ubidah (did I spell that correctly?).

And of course, Philo and Gunge are good for a chuckle.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh you're right, I hadn't noticed the connection between the Poohbahs and Monty Python! Anksthubidad! (Hope I spelled that right! Lol)
  6. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I think the idea of the physical humor in Beginnings was how it contrasted with what Matt was saying. Not my favorite moment, but it certainly gets the message across!
    :)
    In the first part of season 1 especially, I love how the snide remarks between Gobo and Red flow freely! Like in I Want To Be You, when Red is going on about her new slide, Gobo says something to Mokey about Red killing both of them. Can someone tell me exactly what that line was? The one I remember though is, from The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles:

Red: "Lead on, Captain Danger."
    Gobo: "After you, Major Disaster."

Hilarious!
    :smirk:
    :excited:
  7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Hmm, I can't remember the exact line in that scene, I'll have to look it up. But I really like Gobo's line later on when he says "I didn't see how important the slide was to Red. I only saw that it was fatal!" Lol
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

For me, anything with Wembley is funny because he's a really hilarious character, especially in "Scared Silly" and "Space Frog Follies", he makes a pretty good fly with the buzzing and whenever he gets scared by Boober, watching his reaction makes me laugh.

Philo and Gunge are a funny pair, they add comic relief to any episode they're in.

Junior Gorg preparing to sneeze after being told by Gobo as the "Genie" he has Gorgliosis and being told he'd be dead the next time he sneezes, then he sneezes and he thinks he's dead!

Finally, Red singing the Thimble Beetle song with Mokey and getting the words wrong because Mokey was going so fast! Somehow, I see Grover doing something like that, he's a funny character, too.
  9. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Gotta love just about anything with Sprocket (particularly his impression of The Swedish Chef).

I also found pretty much the entire Scared Silly episode hillarious. Though, I find lots of episode hillarious, that one just jumps out at me right away.

And I find just about everything Cantus says to be rather funny as well. Something about his smooth, effortless, and assured delivery that just cracks me up.

And The Battle of Leaky Roof episode (or is it leaking, I can never seem to remember) is golden comedy as well.
  10. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

This is really hard. The Gorgs stand out as one of the only regular families on Fraggle Rock (I know Cotterpin and Wrench have families, but we see the Gorgs more). The Gorgs really hit their stride after the first season ... well, actually, I noticed the dynamic solidified when Ma's VA changed. Any time they open their mouths, it's comedy, LOL.

Red taking care of Pebble Pox Gobo was full of win. Her increasing exasperation with his outright manipulation was great.

The way Red looks when she's hurt, especially when she is trying to impress Rock Hockey Hannah, is just hilarious.
  11. jackrb

jackrb New Member

I think the funniest moment of Fraggle Rock is the whole episode Manny's Land of Carpets especialy when they return the radio to outer space and Boober says "Bye Sally".
  12. Delta Shout

Delta Shout New Member

A couple of good ones:

In A Friend in Need, Wembley's trying to tell the others about the nightmare he had but he's not making any sense at all.
    "What did we do the last time it happened?"
    "Turn him upside down!"
    :coy:what? NO!

or I want to be you,
    "Red, I just got this great new book its all about disease, this is great, cos now I know what's wrong with me before I get sick and WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?"
    that double-take is hilarious! (especially combined with Boober's conversation beforehand)
  13. haakonsmary

haakonsmary Member

My favorites are all Boober moments. (And of course, basically anything with Philo and Gunge is comedy gold.)

In Marooned, Boober going through the Spiral Cavern on his birthday saying, "Ah, the old downward spiral..."

Boober talking about a cake he made, "but this icing was specially aged in small oaken casks!" Definitely a joke I would not have gotten watching the show as a kid.

And there are two song lines that never fail to crack me up. In "The Remembering Song," Wembley trying to remember the lyrics, saying "la la la la... loo" and Boober repeating "Loo!" as though he is so sure that that is the correct lyric. And in "It's Probably Yucky For Sure" where Boober goes, "the souffle just walked through the door" and it literally walks out.

Oh! And when the Fraggles all fall in love with Wembley because of the love potion, and Boober calls him "Sugarlips!" XD
  14. I agree. "Boober's Quiet Day" is one of my favorite Fraggle Rock episodes. (On an unrelated note, we SHOULD have that Boober *sigh* smilie I've been hearing about!)
  15. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I must be slow because I don't get it, LOL.

I always interpreted that as Lou, or Wembley's one-time girlfriend.
  16. haakonsmary

haakonsmary Member

It's just funny to me that he's talking about cake icing as though it's a fine wine that needs to be aged in small oaken casks.
  17. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

When Junior Gorg accidentally sat on Pa's favorite crown.
  18. Nekoshema

Nekoshema Member

for me, anything with Pa and Junior makes me laugh [even as a kid]

i'd have to say the episode 'the gorg who would be king' the first five minutes or so [love the song] where pa and junior are talking

pa: everything is mine mine mine
    junior: gee Pa, why is everything yours yours yours?
    pa: now son what kind of a question is that?
    junior: uh... a dumb one?
    pa: precisely
  19. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

In the first post there was a mention of comic relief in Marooned. I've got another example of some humor, (probably unintentional), in the face of tragity. In The River of Life, when Pa Gorg is talking to Boober. I had to replay that scene just to make sure I heard right. Did he really just say "country simple"? Okay, maybe writing it it doesn't sound like the funniest thing ever; it just kind of surprised me. I've gotta applaud Pa though on the way he accepted Boober's explination without question, and realized the significance of it.
    Also, speaking of Lou, I've always felt that it was cruel irony that she was the only one not there when the love potion spilled.
    And I had to laugh even as I was feeling sorry for Wembley in The Voice Inside for being alergic to rock dust. He lives in a rock for heaven's sake! As a sidenote I think he's now become my favorite character. Not sure when he took Mokey's place, but he did.
    :coy:
    In The Perfect Blue Rolly, Wembley disguized as a ball of lint and Boober saying sarcastically, "Oh, a ball of lint. Very good.", or something along those lines.

Can you tell I've been watching the season 4 DVDs lately?
    :)
  20. haakonsmary

haakonsmary Member

I LOLed just thinking of that line; I can recall exactly how Boober said that. Such great line delivery from Dave.