Funniest Fraggle Moments

jackrb

Reaction score
I think the funniest moment of Fraggle Rock is the whole episode Manny's Land of Carpets especialy when they return the radio to outer space and Boober says "Bye Sally".

Delta Shout

Reaction score
A couple of good ones:

In A Friend in Need, Wembley's trying to tell the others about the nightmare he had but he's not making any sense at all.
"What did we do the last time it happened?"
"Turn him upside down!"
:coy:what? NO!

or I want to be you,
"Red, I just got this great new book its all about disease, this is great, cos now I know what's wrong with me before I get sick and WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?"
that double-take is hilarious! (especially combined with Boober's conversation beforehand)

haakonsmary

Reaction score
My favorites are all Boober moments. (And of course, basically anything with Philo and Gunge is comedy gold.)

In Marooned, Boober going through the Spiral Cavern on his birthday saying, "Ah, the old downward spiral..."

Boober talking about a cake he made, "but this icing was specially aged in small oaken casks!" Definitely a joke I would not have gotten watching the show as a kid.

And there are two song lines that never fail to crack me up. In "The Remembering Song," Wembley trying to remember the lyrics, saying "la la la la... loo" and Boober repeating "Loo!" as though he is so sure that that is the correct lyric. And in "It's Probably Yucky For Sure" where Boober goes, "the souffle just walked through the door" and it literally walks out.

Oh! And when the Fraggles all fall in love with Wembley because of the love potion, and Boober calls him "Sugarlips!" XD

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
Fantastic fraggle moments, everybody! Keep 'em coming!

We all know that the whole episode of "Boober's Quiet Day" was basically histericalarious (In other words, so funny that it can't even fit in one word!) But here are the parts I found most funny:

When Mokey comes to ask boober where he's going and sidebottom tells him what to say, and as soon as boober goes back outside, sidebottom says to himself, "Dummy," I couldn't stop laughing.

Another was when sidebottom tells boober to just "relax" and boober says, "Right," and simply falls out of shot.

Also at the end when sprocket calls doc on the phone and doc says, "My dog wants to talk to me? Why... how very strange." :big_grin:
I agree. "Boober's Quiet Day" is one of my favorite Fraggle Rock episodes. (On an unrelated note, we SHOULD have that Boober *sigh* smilie I've been hearing about!)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
haakonsmary said:
Boober talking about a cake he made, "but this icing was specially aged in small oaken casks!" Definitely a joke I would not have gotten watching the show as a kid.
I must be slow because I don't get it, LOL.

In "The Remembering Song," Wembley trying to remember the lyrics, saying "la la la la... loo" and Boober repeating "Loo!" as though he is so sure that that is the correct lyric.
I always interpreted that as Lou, or Wembley's one-time girlfriend.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
for me, anything with Pa and Junior makes me laugh [even as a kid]

i'd have to say the episode 'the gorg who would be king' the first five minutes or so [love the song] where pa and junior are talking

pa: everything is mine mine mine
junior: gee Pa, why is everything yours yours yours?
pa: now son what kind of a question is that?
junior: uh... a dumb one?
pa: precisely

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
In the first post there was a mention of comic relief in Marooned. I've got another example of some humor, (probably unintentional), in the face of tragity. In The River of Life, when Pa Gorg is talking to Boober. I had to replay that scene just to make sure I heard right. Did he really just say "country simple"? Okay, maybe writing it it doesn't sound like the funniest thing ever; it just kind of surprised me. I've gotta applaud Pa though on the way he accepted Boober's explination without question, and realized the significance of it.
Also, speaking of Lou, I've always felt that it was cruel irony that she was the only one not there when the love potion spilled.
And I had to laugh even as I was feeling sorry for Wembley in The Voice Inside for being alergic to rock dust. He lives in a rock for heaven's sake! As a sidenote I think he's now become my favorite character. Not sure when he took Mokey's place, but he did.
:coy:
In The Perfect Blue Rolly, Wembley disguized as a ball of lint and Boober saying sarcastically, "Oh, a ball of lint. Very good.", or something along those lines.

Can you tell I've been watching the season 4 DVDs lately?
:smile:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
In The Perfect Blue Rolly, Wembley disguized as a ball of lint and Boober saying sarcastically, "Oh, a ball of lint. Very good.", or something along those lines.
I LOLed just thinking of that line; I can recall exactly how Boober said that. Such great line delivery from Dave.