1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funniest Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Oh! I can't believe I forgot these!

Muppet Newsflash during the Julie Andrews episode: "A plane loaded with sports equipment was forced to jettison some of its cargo. Among the items tossed out were 10,000 Ping-Pong balls-" the anchorman gets ping-pong balls rained on him "-and one bowling ball." The anchorman gets knocked on the head with a plummeting bowling ball.

From the Carol Burnett episode. Two Anything muppets are dancing together during the dance marathon.

Male Anything: I put on my golf shoes and my feet are killing me!
    Female Anything: Why's that?
    Male Anything: I put them on inside out!

-Kim
  2. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

here's one from SS -
    This really old one about the number 3. it even featured Jim Henson juggling 3 BALLS.

the funny part was when they showed a little kid at a fancy restaurant, like The Ritz, and the waiter takes the round-lid-thing off his plate and there was 3 peas there. the kid looked shocked and said in a funny voice "3 peas?" it sounded like he said "3 peteys" (like the name, Petey)
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The little boy was Brian Henson. The Henson kids were seen in a variety of clips on Sesame Street.
  4. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

holy crap that was Brian Henson?
  5. jetjaguar15

jetjaguar15 New Member

Which episode is that from? Isn't it on one of the Time-Life dvds?
  6. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Gonzo: Hello there, I'm here to tell the story
    Rizzo: And I am here for the Food
    Gonzo: My name is Charles Dickens
    Rizzo; and my name is Rizzo the Rat, wait you're not Charles Dickens
    Gonzo: I am too
    Rizzo: A Blue Furry Charles Dickens that plays with a Rat
    Gonzo: Of Course
    Rizzo: Charles Dickens was a 17th Century Novelist, a Genius
    Gonzo: Oh you're too kind
    Gonzo: Alright I will, I know the story of A Christmas Carol like the back of my hand
    Rizzo: Well then if you're Charles Dickens, Prove It
    Gonzo: There's a mole on my wrist and a scare on my thumb from when I fell off my bycicle
    Rizzo: Don't tell us your hand tell us the story
  7. Skeeter Muppet

Gonzo: "Don't worry, I'll catch you."
    Rizzo: *steeling himself* "God save my little broken body. Aiiieee!" *he jumps, Gonzo runs forward to catch him, Rizzo lands behind Gonzo*
    Gonzo: Hm. Missed.
    Rizzo: *sighs* "Oh, wait a minute. I forgot my jelly beans." *goes over to the fence, examines it for a moment, then goes under through the bars to the other side, then comes back the way he came with his jelly beans.*
    Gonzo: "You can fit through those bars?"
    Rizzo: *glancing back at them* "Yeah."
    Gonzo: "You are SUCH an idiot."

-Kim
  8. jetjaguar15

jetjaguar15 New Member

Nevermind, I found it. It's the Bob Hope Episode.
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Every single moment you guys have listed has made me crack up! VERY FUNNY stuff... Some were my favorites, but here are some more.

From TMS:
    Fozzie - AH! MY hat!
    Rowlf - Can you play hatless?
    Fozzie - What?
    Rowlf - I said 'can you play hatless?
    Fozzie - I don't know... who wrote it?

From MIS:
    Agent Singer - No nostrils... how do you smell?
    Rizzo - Awful, he's my room mate.

From SS (while looking at Bert's fish tank):
    Ernie - Which one is that, Bert?
    Bert - That's Talboot.
    Ernie - And who's that one?
    Bert - That one?... I DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!

And one more from TMS (after calypso pig number):
    Statler - I didn't know the pigs could play steel drums.
    Waldorf - Eh?
    Statler - PIGS! STEEL DRUMS!
    Waldorf - Oh yeah, thay'll take anything that's not bolted to the floor.

Sorry if the scripts aren't exact word for word, but they crack me up!
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I just remembered another one where Fozzie writes Kermit's opening dialogue and there's all these spelling errors.

Kermit - Good evening lagies and genglefengs and welcome to the muffel show.. I am your host Kermit the forg... Kermit the forg!?
    Fozzie - Okay, so I can't type!
  11. Pug Lover

Pug Lover New Member

The scene where Fozzie Bear sawed the crying robot in half,was actually from the episode that guest starred Sylvester Stallone. ;)
  12. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

My name is kermit the GORF?! I think I remember that show! That was really funny! :crazy:
  13. Raisin

Raisin New Member

I love in Muppet Family Christmas when the Turkey shows the Swedish Chef Big Bird:

"You think I'm a nice fat bird?! Well, look at that!"

And the Swedish Chef drops all his stuff and exclaims "Gobla-Gobla HUMUNGA!"
  14. Skeeter Muppet

More gems from MCC...

In the opening chords of "It Feels Like Christmas," when the baby band is singing the "la-la-la" part, one baby winds up backhanding another in the face, making the baby's face squinch up the way Statler's or Waldorf's would when they'd hit each other.

(Gonzo and Rizzo have hitched a ride with Scrooge and Christmas Past to the past, and are being lowered to the ground with Scrooge)

RIZZO: Oh, safe at last.
    GAFFER: *meows*
    RIZZO: *turns and looks behind him, then back at the camera* No.
    *Rizzo takes off with Gaffer chasing him*

RIZZO: I fell down a chimney and landed on a flaming, hot goose!
    GONZO: You have all the fun.

-Kim
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Wait, I saw something like that on MUPPET BABIES- the Muppets were playing hide and go seek, I think Fozzie was "it" and looked inside a drawer and asks "is anyone in there?" The inside of the drawer looks like a henhouse with Gonzo in it. Gonzo says "Nope no one here but us chickens" and Fozzie goes away to look elsewhere. So when was the song on the Muppet Show? I gotta see that!
  16. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Here's another one from sesame street:

There's this girl who is saying the alphabet, and every once in a while during the song, she'd say out loud "COOKIE MONSTER!" and laugh! I thought that was one of the funniest moments I've ever seen!

Anything that involves grover makes me laugh!
    Statler and waldorf!
    Those monsters in the M-O-N-S-T-E-R, C-L-U-BHOUSE MONSTER CLUBHOUSE
    Don music
    Definitely can't forget to include SWEDISH CHEF! He's funny!
    and let's not forget crazy harry! The Electric mayhem band is funny too!

They should do a Muppet show doing "Pig latin"! That would make me laugh so hard, I'd cry!
  17. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

-The Club Dot scene in VMC
    -The part w/ the "O' Mayhem" in VMC
    -The part w/ Howard the pig ("love that tushie!")
    -The Hapiness Hotel song has so many funny verses in it ("Okay the lobby's looking shabby and it's got the wrong address" "And the whole dang thing has been condemned by American Express" "Still the management is cheerful though the whole joint's gone to ****...")
    -Here's a good quote: Gonzo: "It just feels so weird" Rizzo: "What? You mean that Mr. Arrow is dead?" Gonzo: "Yeah that, and my pants are filled with starfish" Rizzo: "You and your hobbies!"
    -Beaker with two heads in VMC
    -In GMC when they're trying to find a way down to the Fabulous Baseball Diamond, and they're wondering how to get down, Bunsen says "We could try jumping" and I think Fozzie says: "Are you crazy? That's at least a hundred feet!" and Bunsen says "I didn't say it was a good suggestion"
  18. Boppity & Gloat

Boppity & Gloat New Member

Kermit's Jokes were funny

Gonzo's stunts

Any Muppet Monster Skit esp. Comedy Tonight

Crazy Harry on every Muppet Show,Movie and Special he appeared in

Piggy beaten people up

Alice Cooper offering the Muppets to sell their souls to the Devil and Gonzo was all for it

Gonzo screaming "STOP THE PRESSES!!!!"

Steve Martin Episode

John Cleese episode

Vincent Prive episode

Kermit and Fozzie dancing in the Muppet Movie

Kermit,Fozzie,Camilla and Gonzo ditching Sweetums in the Muppet Movie

Sweetums eating Lew Zealand's fish

Doglion stealing Piggy's reserved seat for Kermit

Statler and Waldorf jokes about every Muppet skit

Gilda Radner episode

Robin Hood Episode on the Muppet Show

Cookie Monster Eating

Grover doing stupid things

Floyd's jokes

Don Music skits

Guy Smiley's Show

Frazzle
  19. Morice

Morice New Member

Man I have got to increase my muppet video collection! Im wearing out my 2 episodes of The Muppet Show, and 1 episode of Fraggle Rock.

One of my favorite moments was when Kermit was singing:

"...The pig will never have her way, Bib and napkin, knife and fork, is the only way that I'll touch pork"

I crack up every time I hear it. :D
  20. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

How about the Gilda Radner TMS with the 7-foot-tall carrot and Radner singing the Carrots of Penzance. Also, same show, the "sticky situation" at Muppet Labs with a very "tacky" glue!