1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Funniest Muppet Moments

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by punkNpuppets, Oct 18, 2002.

1. HeraLirambar New Member

I love

Pretty much the entire episode with Don Knotts where Fozzie was cool, and he couldn't see anything because of his dark shades, and kept walking into things and stuff.
  2. Pug Lover New Member

Another wacky one is the TMS episode that guest starred Mac Davis,where Bunsun Honeydew invents some kind of copying machine that accidently makes about a dozen copies of Beaker.You had a whole crowd of Beakers going"meemeemeemeemee".Not to mention,they all sang the closing musical number with Mac Davis.And in the closing instramental theme scene that takes place in the orchestra pit,where we normally see Rowlf and The Electric Mayhem Band,we see a whole band of Beakers instead.We even had two Beakers in place of Statler and Woldorf during their closing joke.Another simular episode was when Cloris Leachman guest starred.The pigs had somehow decided that they were taking over the show.So they locked Kermit,Fozzie and Gonzo in the storage room,and in place of Kermit,entered a green pig version of Kermit named Kermit The Pig.We also had Fozzie Pig and The Swedish Pig.Sure enough,the closing orchestra pit scene had a band of pigs in place of Rowlf and The Electric Mayhem Band. :eek: :mad:
  3. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Anything that involves pigs in space, Statler & waldorf, gonzo, swedish chef, or bunsen & Beaker make me laugh!
  4. jediX Active Member

Beaker singing 'Feelings' is absolutely hilarious no matter how many times I see it.
  5. kitncaboodle New Member

--the MS episode with the glue; Rowlf and the saxophone player (Zoot? Is that his name?) were playing a duet and got stuck to their respective instruments. Zoot(?) trying to talk with his lips glued to the sax was hilarious!

--Sam w/ Zero Montel ("Yeah! Do it, Zero, DO IT! Hammer that chicken with all you've got oh pleaseohpleaseohPLEASE...NOOOOO!!!)

--the killer furniture skit

--"ABC Cookie Monster" skit from Seseme Street

--Bert and Ernie making the Seseme Street version of small talk in that one Christmas movie (forgot the title)

And that's not even scratching the surface!
  6. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Oh, right. That was "Muppet Family Christmas" which I'm still trying to find a copy of for my mom.
  7. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

This one is from the 'Of Muppets and Men' special. One of the behind the scenes shots is the Muppet performers doing the gargles for Lew Zealand's singing fish (from the Roger Moore episode). First they're debating just how they're going to do the gargles (how much water they need to take into their mouths, how they should stand at the microphones, etc.) and how they should sound. Then they actually get to recording the gargles, and poor Louise Gold is having a difficult time keeping a straight face listening to the guys doing their gargles. She does hers and then cracks up, practically falling on the floor. Jerry, Richard and Dave aren't any help; they're cracking up that she's cracking up, and making jokes about her drowning. Someone (I'm pretty sure it was Richard) made a remark about giving her "artificial perspiration."

-Kim
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

That musical number they filmed with the Muppet puppet only has one pupil in his eyes...
  9. Skekayuk Member

That was when they did ANY OLD IRON on the Elton John epsisode of TMS. The Whatnot was puppeteered by Louise Gold (see the interviews section on MC).

I agree it is funny, what makes it especially so, is the way that Whatnot with only one eye kept moving around all over the place, almost as if it was trying to get out of shot. Which unfortunatly only draws more attention to it. And makes it funnier.
  10. Skekayuk Member

And Steve Whitmire was the only one of the puppeteers who did try to help (but he was on the other side of the recording studio), he called out "Uh Oh She's drowning, help her" and someone else (not sure who) thumped her on the back.

Incidentally, it should perhaps be noted that Louise Gold does laugh rather easily. I can think of several occassions when I've seen her on stage, where she's had no end of trouble keeping a straight face:

1. In Mamma Mia, near the end there's a moment in the wedding scene, when Tanya starts crying, when Louise Gold played Tanya it was impossible to tell whether she was laughing or crying.

2. In Noises Off, there was one moment during act 1, where Louise was standing by the 'stairs' (on the set - there's a play-within a play going on in the plot) laughing. I wasn't quite sure if it was that Louise's character Dotty was laughing when she shouldn't be, or if it was Louise herself who was laughing a little out of place. As the piece is a farce about putting on a play, it didn't really matter either way.

3. At a fundraising concert for The Lost Musicals Charitable Trust, producer/director Ian Marshall-Fisher came on stage to introduce the evening (the five performers - including Louise, and two guest-artistes were already seated on the stage). Midway through Ian's introduction (well actually quite near the beginning), Louise burst out laughing. Which prompted Mr Marshall-Fisher to turn to her and say "Excuse me, who's in charge here?" to which Louise retorted "That's what we'd like to know." Louise then spent most of the first half of the concert having trouble controlling her laughter. She did manage to control herself enough to sing, but kept bursting out with giggles whenever it wasn't her turn to perform. As a result, Mr Marshall-Fisher spent much of the first act glaring at her.

4. In her own cabaret act, LOUISE GOLD...By Appointment. She happens to have included a medley of 4 songs from TMS, which great, until she gets the Hawaiin War Chant, which she does in Annie Sue's voice. She seldom manages to sing this song in her act without spoiling it by laughing, but perhaps that's quite appropriate in a funny sort of way.
  11. Super Scooter New Member

Actually, I think it's either Jim Henson or Dave Goelz saying it. I'm pretty sure it's Jim, though.

"She's drowning! She needs artificial perspiration."

That is a funny moment.
  12. BlueAM New Member

My fave moments are:

Fozzie translating the Chef in the 30 Years Celebration
    Yorick nibbling on Kermit's arm (?) in same special
    Jim paying bill in same special
    Many more from this special, but I can't post them all

Grover doing the Mexican Waiter Dance (OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE-

CRASH!!!

Mary Had a Bicycle
    Skit of the Declaration of Independence where Don Music breaks his quill and Grover gives him things that rhyme with quill
    The Count and Ernie arguing over answering the phone and counting the rings

Cookie Monster demolishing Janice's plate of cookies in MFC
    Piggy slipping on icy patch in same scene
    The Muppet Babies scene in same special

I have many more favorite scenes, but I can't post 'em all at the moment.

BlueAM
    "It's good to be the king!"- King Louis XVI, "History of the World: Part 1"
  13. Animal Jam New Member

Statler and Waldorf

I remember on the george burns ep(after George sang a song)Statler and Waldorf say this,

Statler:that George burns can sing
    Waldorf:I can sing Statler.would you like to hear me?
    Statler:Only if you sing tenner.
    Waldorf:tenner eleven miles away.haha :excited:
  14. Klonoa New Member

This one's from Muppets Tonight. I believe Cindy Crawford was the guest star. Bobo wanted to impress her, but he was nervous so Rizzo stood in the next room with a microphone and told Bobo the right things to say via headphones. But then Andy and Randy Pig came in with a bunch of balloons and Rizzo said without realizing, "Hey those are some nice balloons. Mind if I play with them awhile?" You then hear a POW from the next room.

Also on Muppet Party Cruise, Pepe the Prawn, "Hey I can win at my own game, okay. There's nothing in the instruction booklet that says I can't do that. Stop looking at me like that, okay."

--Klonoa
  15. dmx10101 Member

I remember both of those.
  16. Klonoa New Member

Gotta give some credit to one of my new favorite Muppets (besides Swedish Chef and Rizzo)...Joe the Armadillo! Joe had the unfortunate mistake of being in Kermit's Swamp Years, which definitely wasn't the best Muppet movie around (might be the worst), but having spent 3 bucks on the DVD, watching Joe made it almost worth it. I love that little guy. He annoys those humans so much in his little 'documentary.' Really that whole thing would be one of my favorite Muppet moments. I hope any projects Disney has plans for the Muppets with includes more Joe! Here are some of my favorite lines:

Joe the Armadillo: Oh boy! I'm about to meet the Best Boy! Can you believe it, the Best Boy!
    Best Boy: Hey what're you doing on my truck?
    JA: You're the Best Boy?
    BB: Yeah.
    JA: But you can't be the Best Boy. You have a moustache! You're a man!
    BB: Well I wasn't always a man.
    JA: You mean you were a woman?
    BB: No, I was a boy.
    (later)
    JA: So what does it take to be a Best Boy? Do you have to start out as a Good Boy, then work your way up to Better Boy, then finally Best Boy?

Any other Joe fans out there or am I the only one? Well I may put up some more Joe-isms later when I get bored at work.

--Klonoa Joe
  17. HuggaWugga New Member

it was the marissa berensen episode
  18. tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I forgot Guy Smiley, "EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE GAME SHOW HOST"! Man is he funny! I think someone should do guy smiley, and I don't care who, just as long as he is funny as he was!

I know he did "What's prarie's problem?", "Happiness begins at 40", "Beat the time", and more! I know some others, but here are some I didn't see:

"To tell the tooth", "The Triangle is right" "Family Food", and others! :zany: :zany:
  19. erniebert1234ss Active Member

I just thought of another one--Super Grover's crash-landings! He's cute when he crash-lands!

BJ
  20. SaDiablo New Member

The entire "Twelve Days of Christmas" with John Denver. I still fall out of my chair on that one...