1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Get Well Card for Jerry Nelson

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Super Scooter, Jan 19, 2003.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

that would be good

Sarah
  2. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

You might want to talk to Smig about that. I'm sure he'd be willing to draw a get well card, especially if its for Jerry Nelson.

One thing though...is there proof Jerry is actually sick? I mean, we've all heard some kind of story somewhere or other, but are they confirmed? Might be a question worth answering before we send a healthy man a get well card. :)

-Matt
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

we'll call it a stay well card!

Sarah
  4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

LoL! Good thinkin' Sarah! :D

-Matt
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Here's what's up with Jerry Nelson:

He was sick, but I hear he is doing better. On the card I included a note saying "We heard you were doing better, and glad to hear it. We hope you stay well for a long, long, long time" Or something like that.

So, technically, the whole "Get Well" card thing wasn't necessary. But, I didn't think of doing this till he was already better, and, it's the thought that counts.

So, I'll include a little note on the snail-mail one as well.
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Where did you hear of his wellness?

-Matt
  7. radionate

radionate New Member

Secret Squirrel had said he was doing fine.
  8. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

And we should believe him because why exactly? (no sarcasm, I just wanna know..)

-Matt
  9. radionate

radionate New Member

He's Secret Squirrel!!!
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Eh...I'm gunna need a little more convincing than that. I do love Secret Squirrel, honest I do (as well as Morroco Mole and the Yellow Pinky), but I'd like to have some back up to any rumors that might be going around. Without backing thats all they are; rumors.

-Matt
  11. radionate

radionate New Member

Thats why I was leery to sign the card. How do we know he was under the weather?
  12. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah. Well the way I saw it was that if he wasn't well, then like Sarah said, it could just be a "stay well" card. I think it'd be nice for him. As one of the surviving core members of the troop, I'd say that if there is anyone outside of my family I'd want to stay well, it'd be him. So, that's why I signed, but I do understand your position on it Nat-o.

-Matt
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Jerry has unfortunately had some health issues for the past couple years. We are very privileged that he was able to be at the December MuppetFest (he was tentative for the September date). He is reportedly doing better now and wants to continue doing Muppets well into the future.
  14. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I think if nothing else, it'll just be nice for him to know that his fans care about him!
  15. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

That is extremely good news. All I want is some kind of solid source for the information. Phil, can you supply?

-Matt
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It's from the best source possible, Jerry himself.
  17. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Now see, thats good reporting. Hats off to you Captain Chapman. :D Stay well card it is then!

-Matt
  18. foofoocakes

foofoocakes New Member

Feel better fast. Sending you happy thoughts and prayers.
    Carol
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

GO PHIL!!!

As a side note I want to know if we scared Secret Squriul away. He apears to have gone for ages!!!
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yes!

The whole point to the card was to let him know we care about him. If I'm going to be sending out a second card via snail-mail, I guess the site is open for signiatures again.

I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

As far as the snail-mail card goes, I can draw Robin real well. I can just picture him sitting by a pond looking up at the sky smiling with a rainbow over-head. I always loved it when Jerry performed him singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".