Ghostbusters: Back In Action!

matleo

Reaction score
I'm going to try and keep this as spoiler free as I can.

I was actually kind of disappointed in it. I liked it a little more about a week later when I sat down and read issue #1 IMMEDIATLY followed by #2. But the truth of the matter is I found the by seeing the solicitations for #2, 3, and 4 one the 88mph website, I already knew everything that was going to happen in this one. well, maybe not everything but the key parts. Like the escaped madman for example. If you read the solicitations you know who he is and you know his importance already if you've read the soliciation for next month, which has been around for at least 6 months now. I found it was like reading a solicitaion for Empire Strikes back and seeing "...when Luke discovers that Darth Vader is his father....". the moments that were supposed to make me sit up and go 'well that's a new twist. I wonder what all that's about' were just kind of blown for me and that left me kinda disappointed. There were some fun things in it and the artwork was very nice but overall I found there wasn't anything to wet my appettie for something more. I'm hoping 3 and 4 are a bit better. I thnk there will be a bit more surprises in them so I think they will be.

Does anybody know when/if issue #3 is supposed to be out. It was 3 months between 1 and 2. Next month will make it 3 months since #2.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I emailed 88mph for an update, doubt I'll get one. however, I hope it's soon. It is a book you have to read straight through to enjoy, and one of my friends is waiting for the ultimate Legion collection in one book to buy the story.

Basically, in story telling #3 should be the build up and #4 the climax. #1 is the intro to the story and characters, and #2 is always usually going to be the part of the story that they add more personality and life to the characters, which I did see in this book. I do expect the next two books should be greater. I hope the finale is a hard 'bust' for the guys to complete, though, to make it all that more greater of a case to overcome.

Did you get the Zeddemore Factor book?

matleo

Reaction score
no, I've just been readign Legion. I didn't pick up zeddemore factor. is it any good?

--Matt

matleo

Reaction score
Legion #3 comes out Nov. 3rd. Perfect timing as the next day Ray Stantz himself (Dan Aykroyd) will be doing a booksigning at the Barnes and Noble in Rockefleer Center (New York) to promote HIS new book "Elwood's Blues: Interviews with Blues Legends and Stars". Thougt a few people here...ok, I thought Kevin might want to know. Keep your eyes and ears open dude. I'm sure he'll be down in Memphis too. That's the kind of bok that I think is going to be a bigger seller down there than up here :big_grin:

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HOLY SMOKE!! I didn't know he wrote a book like that! That's awesome! Yes, I'll definitely be buying that one up. I've already put in my order for the GB#3 comic on Nov. 3rd. A friend built a 16x20 movie screen in his back yard and we all did potluck dinner and watched GB on the movie screen! It was SOOOO awesome!

I finally got the NECA Gozer and Slimer action figures. They're too cool for words, really. I used the accessories with Slimer in the Chef's kitchen and have too much fun playing with him. He's so articulate for what his design is and the glow in the dark feature is way fun, too. Gozer is neat with the interchangeable head and hands, but I'm keeping the mouth open head and the energy bolted hands on for display. Now, I need the Terror Dogs and I'll be rockin' right along! The Slimer bobble head figure is on sale at Suncoast for like $4.

On the blues front in Memphis, I lost another likely candidate for my own blues brother...he's going further in his opera career. So, my character Soloman DH Blues is looking for someone new to sing with. Lin backed out of doing anythign on stage like that again. Too bad, he was SO much fun to perform with on stage.

Anyways, thanks! I'll be keeping an eye out for Danny here in Memphis for sure!

Kev