Ghostbusters: Back In Action!

matleo

Reaction score
hey Kev,

don't know if you've seen but according to 88mph's web site issue 2 of Legion is supposed to go on sale tommorow. And I say, it's about freaking time!!! Issue 1 came out back in what?? April?? geez!! I've been waiting for this thing for so long!!! I hope this isn't a recurring thing. I mean I don't mean to be impatient but 3 months is a long time to wait between comic books. Errrrrg.

Sorry, meant for this to be more of an update than a rant but I'm sure you know where I'm coming from. Anyway, keep an eye out for #2 tomorow. Should be good.

--Matt

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I remember that issue #1 was delayed and delayed and delayed... I'm glad to hear that the new one is coming out soon--I'll have to make sure the comic book store holds it for me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They had several licensing issues over Tron, I think, which created some financial problems. Even though issues are being delayed I feel lucky to have anything at all coming out! I'm looking very forward to it, and have my comic book store holding the book(s) (There's 2 variant covers) for me.

Issue 1 of 4 had 6 or 7 reprints with different collectible covers. If you go to www.88mphstudios.com you can click a link taking you directly to Graham Crackers Comics Ghostbusters webpage to place your order.

I'm pumped, and stoked about the NECA Action Figures due out soon!! 2004 will be the best year ever to be a Ghostbusters fan, especially with a new DVD, Soundtrack, and iBooks novels!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ooh! Thanks for the link! I HOPE HOPE HOPE my comic book store calls me today saying this is in! I'm so there if they call!

Yeah, over at the Ghostbusters boards, they are mentioning something about a new DVD. I can't imagine there'd be much more to stuff onto a DVD, unless they make it a 2 DVD set or something because the one they released a while back (and is the whole reason I bought a DVD player to begin with) is chock FULL of stuff!

matleo

Reaction score
reviving this thread to discuss somthien that kind of came and went with little fanfare. did ANYONE pick up a copy of LEGION#2? I was wondering what people's thoghts were. Kev since you're our resident Dan Aykroyd (GB/Blues Borhters) fanatic I'm always interested to hear your opinion. I'll share mine if you share yours.

--matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I really liked it. The story is getting juicier, and I love the way Janine is flaunting herself at Egon still! So funny! There was a nod to the Real Ghostbusters when Egon discusses making a change, 'funnels' his hair up, and says, "Nah." It's cool to see the plot thickening, but I don't want to discuss too much so as not to spoil it for folks who haven't read it yet.

The art is definitely pleasing to me, and the quality of the print is awesome. I'm still desperately awaiting #3. I also got the convention exclusive Zeddemore Factor, which was done by a different artist and is in b&w, has a cool cover on it too. It's a neat story, albeit very short.

I'd like to see the books released more regularly--monthly--but I suppose I had rather have quality over production speed any day.

My only other problem I'm faced with is that I do not have the 4 GB action figures NECA just released. I need them.

So, I showed you mine... :crazy: your turn! :wink:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really liked the second issue as well, quite a lot more than the first. I thought the first was okay, but the second seemed like more fun. Overall, I like the direction the series is taking.