Ghostbusters: Back In Action!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I agree! I'd love to have action figures that looked like the actors! I would have to say this would be some I'd buy one to play with and one to keep for sure!!
i actually had an idea years ago of having the 4 ghostbusters all look like from the 2 movies. also having the grey and black jumpsuits for them, the utility belt that you can take on and off that carries their gloves, keys, the trap, the ecto goggles ray stantz wore, and whatever else stuff they had on that belt that we never figured out what it was. also having the ability to put the proton pack and the belt that strapped on them on and off and also the slime blower too. not to mention taking on and off the black shirt underneath the jumpsuits, the elbow pads, the boots, and even that yellow hose/tube looking thing they wore on the grey suits that was on their left leg.

it would be expensive to buy but it would still make a great toy..er collectors idem!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I could see all of that for a 12" doll of the characters. Keeping in size with what they're making now, they can make the trap connect to the belt or not, the hose can be sculpted onto the side of the left legs. I'd love to be sure that they had major articulation. And it it DEFINITELY important that they be able to hold their neutrona wands correctly!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I wouldn't give you 75 bucks for a new kidney. Well… Okay, maybe for a vidle organ.
oooh! Vidle's a good company. They make this violin, too. It's beautiful! Though, I'd deffenitely have to say the Vidle Organ is their finest piece...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think: vidle=vital. He's trying to throw me off again...it's a conspiracy!

Okay, so Saturday I got my NECA Slimer Bobblehead. Dudes, gals, and monkeys, if you don't own this and want to have the ultimate sculpted Slimer, you're missing out! It's totally awesome, and I REALLY wish it were the upcoming action figure so I could play with this other than just watching it bounce back and forth and side to side.

Anybody else got the comic book yet?

Kev

matleo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hey guys,

There was 10 years difference (practically) between Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II so there's tons of time to play out the fall of the GBs
if yo uwant to get technical it was only 5 years, 84-89, and it say at the beginning of the film, "Five Years Later". Ok so Oscar was born about a year before GB2 so you figure Dana would get married about a year and a half-2 years before GB2. GB has to be **** down at some point too but that can happen around the same time. It's the one aspect of this that makes me a little nervous, but I'm sure they'll do a good job with it.

Does anyone know when issue #2 is due out?

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're right about the 5 years thing. Lost my mind there.

#2 I think is due out in May; also, this book series actually is a whole new Ghostbusters' universe as they have said (at 88mph studios) that it doesn't consider RGB, EGB, or GBII in the story lines, so I doubt we'll see much work in the storylines that makes any connection to either of those parts of the story.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That bobble slimer is awesome!! I can't wait til the rest of the NECA GB stuff comes out now.

What'd you think of the comic? Did you get all the variant covers or just one?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Anyone who's even a light fan of the films will enjoy it. It has a slightly dark tone that doesn't ruin the humor. The design for the ghosts is beutiful (the pinup of Slimer on the back cover actually makes him look creapy) but the humans could do some work. There were breif moments where I had trouble telling Peter and Ray apart. There's nothing for me to really complain about, though. I want the next issue now!

EDIT: I was low on cash and only got the cover with the lowest price tag.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I went broke and bought all the variant covers. The four painted covers of issues 1of4-4of4 are going to end up matted and framed. I love the art on the back of the book, too.

If you go to www.88mphstudios.com you can see ALL of the GB covers, wallpapers, and more.

The way to tell the difference between Ray and Peter is that Ray's chin is more of a block than Peter's. I'm very interested to get the rest of the story because I want to see the inner conflicts Ray is having with the business versus actual research.