Google Screws Us Over AGAIN...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm... not exactly sure, but I THINK Google has taken another step to prevent us from downloading content off of YouTube - lately, I've tried downloading certain videos as MP3s for specific songs, only to find that they won't work. For instance, KeepVid has a extension site for downloading videos as MP3s, however it doesn't work anymore; likewise, I know there's a few YouTube-to-MP3 conversion sites out there and I've used them before with no problem, but now they don't work, and I believe one of them actually did come up with an error message that the video/song was copyrighted and couldn't be downloaded.

This seems to only effect videos that are matched third party by whoever holds the rights to the song (ala ones that have that little ad next to the video description, telling you to buy the song on iTunes).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think Google may have finally cracked down on Keepvid too, I can't seem to download anything without being redirected to "Page cannot be displayed" when trying to download something from YouTube. :smirk:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think Google may have finally cracked down on Keepvid too, I can't seem to download anything without being redirected to "Page cannot be displayed" when trying to download something from YouTube. :smirk:

I just tried it and it stills works for

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.geek.com/apps/google-sta...s-with-unskippable-youtube-video-ads-1633305/

Actually, this isn't something they just started to do, this has been a problem for years, and pretty much the main reason why I have multiple adblockers installed, because just one wasn't a match for the forced commercials on vids, and the excessive page ads - and it certainly gets the job done, I must say, I honestly can't remember the last time I had to sit through a commercial on YT (or DM for that matter, but it doesn't work for Hulu, though).

But Google punishing adblock users by forcing them to sit through unskippable commercials on vids? Uh . . . isn't that like punishing someone in the army by drafting him?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't a rant against Google, since Google has nothing to do with this, but this is a rant against KeepVid, because they've up and decided that the site can no longer be used in Internet Explorer, and all I can say is. . . .