Google Screws Us Over AGAIN...

Drtooth

Reaction score
KeepVid is apparently still available right now, as far as free downloading is concerned, without the need to download a program to do so.
Does anyone actually know how to get keepvid to work?

Or is there a download service that isn't a complete p-word and didn't cower behind its sheets when the RIAA pressured Google to pressure them?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how to get keepvid to work?
It's similar to the others, you paste the video URL, click download, then while the video is being uploaded, you're going to get a pop-up prompting you to allow the program to run on your machine (check the "I Accept" box and click run), then it will give you a drop-down list of the video available for you to download in a VERY limited number of formats (either FLV or MP4), to which, you have to right-click the one you want and save as.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's similar to the others, you paste the video URL, click download, then while the video is being uploaded, you're going to get a pop-up prompting you to allow the program to run on your machine (check the "I Accept" box and click run), then it will give you a drop-down list of the video available for you to download in a VERY limited number of formats (either FLV or MP4), to which, you have to right-click the one you want and save as.
I get nothing... just a "You need Java" piece of crap... and no one even USES Java anymore. It's 2012, not 1998.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You'd be surprised how many websites actually use java instead of HTML... even YouTube and deviantART are mostly java.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
You guys....just go to pwnyoutube and get their bookmarklet. It works swell and dandy with Safari and Chrome and, I'm told, Opera as well. (And why are you using any surfers other than those anyway?) You just put the bookmarklet in your bookmarks bar, then when you watch a video on youtube, click on the bookmarklet and you have your choice of download options. It's not high-res, but it is safe, and works fine and fast.

----------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, it appears that MediaConverter is claiming that they've bypassed Google's block on YouTube, but in order for the bypass to work properly, you have to use their site via a proxy site.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, it appears that MediaConverter is claiming that they've bypassed Google's block on YouTube, but in order for the bypass to work properly, you have to use their site via a proxy site.

If it was Clip Converter, I'd be a LOT happier.

But Media Converter (before it changed into the piece of crap it became) has always managed to fix that block. Youtube has been restructuring the code to make it impossible to download several times, and they managed to bypass it every single time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd be happy if Zamzar could bypass the blockage, but I really don't see how using MediaConverter through a proxy is going to help, all proxy sites do is mask your IP address to make you "anonymous" while browsing the web... and what does that have to do with the blockage?