Google Screws Us Over AGAIN...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't know if this certain site was discussed yet, but Google is apparently going after youtube-to-MP3 as well, which is awful. I'm sure there are other sites to use, but that site was amazingly easy for grabbing songs. That was how I grabbed all the songs I liked from the first two seasons of TMS and a lot of other stuff. Guess I better find somewhere else.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ah, guess I'll need to find another site then. That was probably the best site I found for yoinking songs (got a lot of phineas and ferb songs that aren't for sale that way)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It was still working when I went to it, but my guess is it's only a matter of time. I had just downloaded an album and one of the songs sounded a little CD-skippy, so I went to download the song again and read the note. Guess everyone better download stuff right now.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure RealPlayer Download still works for anyone who uses it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I swear I thought RealPlayer went obsolete like seven years ago... I mean seriously, I don't even know of any legit websites out there that even feature Real-exclusive content anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of thought that's one of the reasons why it was supposedly phased out, it really wasn't a very good media player; I remember you had to be careful adjusting the volume, because somehow, it's like as soon as you opened that player, it's volume control became your system's volume control.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The worst thing is how long the program took to load. Once you got it open it was fine, but in my experience, it would cause the computer to freeze while it tried to load the frist song, and it would take few minutes.

The newer version is not quite as bad as that, but I still ended up uninstalling it because it screwed with my ability to play games. Every time I moused over something flash related it wanted to know if I wanted to do something with it. it was annoying

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know if this certain site was discussed yet, but Google is apparently going after youtube-to-MP3 as well, which is awful. I'm sure there are other sites to use, but that site was amazingly easy for grabbing songs. That was how I grabbed all the songs I liked from the first two seasons of TMS and a lot of other stuff. Guess I better find somewhere else.
DUDE! It's totally the RIAA. They've been going after the internet since people stopped buying one hit wonder rap artist CD's that were flooding the market at the time. Totally not their fault for making cheap, horrible, factory made party music that no one in their right mind would buy anyway.

Well, I've always said what you basically said in your first paragraph. The people who pirate things would never buy it to begin with. I do think there are companies who don't seem to grasp this concept, but others probably do just want imaginary money.
It's a passive aggressive assessment of the fact that there are HUGE problems with the current media-scape. Bad reality TV shows, too many big movies in Summer, all hampering their own performances, and of course, complete and utter failure to capture the online content market the right way. I hate how Warner Bros gets it's panties in a bunch about people uploading Cartoon Network cartoons on Youtube, but REFUSES to post the cartoons themselves either on Hulu or their official site. Of course, that's a side rant about how they're being whipped by the cable conglomerates, so I won't go into that.

The thing is, if I REALLY want to see a movie, I'll see a movie. I'll watch a TV show on hulu if I can't watch it on regular television, and I'll buy an album if I really want one. That's supporting the franchises/TV shows. Now, that takes the completely unavailable or cable exclusive things out of the factor. I only watch that stuff on Youtube.