Google Screws Us Over AGAIN...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Has this whole Google block affected Clip Converter do you know? If not, I'll give them a try to see how it compares to Zamzar.
Didn't try yet, but if anything comes up, I'll try some other site.

Not like I'm really inspired to do one just yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I gave it a try, downloading a song from YouTube I was wanting to add to my current playlist to burn to a CD... the results are really good, but I haven't tried an actual video yet.

One thing I will say is that I like that unlike the other sites, they actually offer you options to download a video in low quality (240p), standard quality (360p), or high quality (480p), the other sites basically downloaded in standard quality.

So, it looks like Google hasn't gotten to them yet, so I guess they'll have to be an alternative for downloading videos (though I'm still going to use Zamzar for when I have to convert files I already have from one format to another, like wav to mp3).

I do have one more question though: does Clip Converter regulate a limit of downloads/conversions per day? That's another reason Zamzar was better than MediaConverter, because Zamzar allowed you unlimited downloads/conversions per day, whereas MediaConverter recently dropped the limit down to 5 per day for free years (used to be 10 IIRC).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do have one more question though: does Clip Converter regulate a limit of downloads/conversions per day? That's another reason Zamzar was better than MediaConverter, because Zamzar allowed you unlimited downloads/conversions per day, whereas MediaConverter recently dropped the limit down to 5 per day for free years (used to be 10 IIRC).
I never had to convert that much with the last 3 things I did...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
DailyMotion vids can be downloaded with Keepvid; I've tried and it works.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll try, because yes, Zamzar or MediaConverter, you get error messages with both for "source file is 0 bytes in size".

Drtooth

Reaction score
DailyMotion vids can be downloaded with Keepvid; I've tried and it works.
Clip Converter says it does too, but I rarely frequent Dailycommotion and it's way too many advertisements to bother.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
but I rarely frequent Dailycommotion and it's way too many advertisements to bother.
That's been an increasing problem with YouTube lately as well... hint-hint, wink-wink...

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's been an increasing problem with YouTube lately as well... hint-hint, wink-wink...
Daily motion is worse... much, much worse. Anything and everything, even and especially unofficial stuff can get commercials even stopping the video half way to shove one in. And they freeze WORSE on DM. Only thing worse is Veoh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hulu's gotten a little worse as well... they still have those "Hulu is brought you with limited commercial 'inter-option' by whatever the sponsor is" disclaimers at the beginning, HOWEVER, they've actually INCREASED their commercial interruptions, with like two or three ads per interruptions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... but i can't really blame Hulu for that. That's more or less the entertainment conglomerates shaking them down for even more money since more and more people are watching TV online. It's still better than a standard TV commercial break of 5 or 6 commercials.

What I really hate are the ones that make you chose the commercial you have to sit through. Like I freaking care which Chevy ad I'm going to ignore anyway.