Goths, Punks, Freaks, and Muppets - Is it all Very Wrong?

radionate

Reaction score
Janice in Black lipstick and leather would rock!!!

Dontcha think that only those people interested in figures should nix or support a goth line of muppets? Or what about a new wave line?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Dontcha think that only those people interested in figures should nix or support a goth line of muppets?
... and some people claim this forum has become nothing but figure drool and sophomoric prattle. Guess *they* were wrong afterall.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
You said "prattle". You almost never hear that word, and if I hear it, I immediately think of Ursula from TLM in her song:

"And after all dear, what is idle prattle for?!"

Not that it has to do with anything, but just thought I'd mention it.

And yay, I didn't have to substitue that dang letter one time in this post! :big_grin:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
I'll take credit for that. This seemed like it was a sincerely posted thread that could evolve into a decent topic for discussion. I was interested to hear what people had to say, and not as interested in the pitch for goth Muppet figures. So sue me.
i wasn't complaining, and actually agree that it has potential. but it was 3 am, and we just kinda got going...

people DO know that i wasn't really suggesting Goth Muppet figures, right?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover

... and some people claim this forum has become nothing but figure drool and sophomoric prattle. Guess *they* were wrong afterall.
*Who*?????

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
You said "prattle". You almost never hear that word, and if I hear it, I immediately think of Ursula from TLM in her song:

"And after all dear, what is idle prattle for?!"

Not that it has to do with anything, but just thought I'd mention it.

And yay, I didn't have to substitue that dang letter one time in this post! :big_grin:
Glad you liked it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay - no goth Muppets (we were only kidding) but I could go for a Scooter repaint with a black leather jacket, an emblem on his T shirt and some different colored shoes. Maybe even a tint to his glasses. That could be cool for some sort of limited exclusive. Oh no...more figure talk. You'd think that would be out of my system. Geez!

Anyway, about the punk kids, goth kids and metal heads...peoples is peoples. Jackie always says that and it was in a Muppet film so it has to be true!:wink:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i wasn't complaining, and actually agree that it has potential. but it was 3 am, and we just kinda got going...

people DO know that i wasn't really suggesting Goth Muppet figures, right?
Of course. To be honest, I also felt a little badly for the thread-starter in this case. It seems to be a "new" person, and since it was obviously a heartfelt topic for him/her, I didn't want to see it get dismissed and then dismantled within the first page.

Recently, a lot has been made of how "newbies" feel when they come to the forum and see "insider bickering". I think that it also should be noted that sometimes all the joking might be a little intimidating for newcomers. I can imagine that some people may be hesitant to start a discussion for fear that it may just turn into yet another running gag. In this case, I thought the thread had real potential, so I decided to help move it along.

Luke

Reaction score
I've met a few Goth people who were very nice, they were about to be interviewed on live TV though and everybody is extremely nice in a pant wettingly nervous state when thats about to happen so maybe it wasn't entirely for real - no idea.

I don't really think the shirts and merchandise being at Hot Topic really signifies Henson selling making any effort to sell merchandise to the Goths - Hot Topic just tried turning themselves into a pop culture shop stocking other stuff like ALF, Thundercats and Transformers. It's probably just a sales thing because retro is so 'in'.

On a side note - why don't we just moved the whole forum into the action figures folder and be done with it ? ;-)

grail

Reaction score
--Anyway, about the punk kids, goth kids and metal heads...peoples is peoples. Jackie always says that and it was in a Muppet film so it has to be true!--

gonna have to agree here. it's one of the reasons i like the internet. you actually get to talk to people, without the pre-conceived notion one gets from looking at them. like i never would have guessed that our own frogboy could ever have been a glam-goth kid. and i probably wouldn't have spoken to him right off if we were to suddenly find ourselves in a room together. i know a lot of people could probably say the same for me. i look like your typical comic book geek, but my shelves are lined with VOLUMES of literature, some physics books, and a copy of "The Selfish Gene" that i've read more times than i care to admit to. it's all about perception. you come into a place like MC, and the only perception is that everyone loves the Muppets.