Halloween is just around the corner

KaityDid

Reaction score
i'm going as an ex-Target Team Member (i've worked at Target the past couple of summers and last Christmas, i'm working there one last time this Christmas!). i'm just wearing the standard red and khaki and my name tag and adding some gore make-up into the mix. i think i still need to work on the name though.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Awww... not even a pumpkin farm or patch? You should someday, if you can. It's all part of the Halloween experience for me.

Maybe it's a Midwest thing? :confused:
I wouldn't say I'm never been to a pumpkin patch, my grandparents grew a couple and I grew up around farms but there aren't many anymore, and certainly not the type where the public picks their own...But a cider mill is something different than that I though:sympathy:. As in they make cider and apple based things, and I've never seen or been to one my whole life.
This is pear, walnut, dates, and grape country, not many apple trees at all:coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, my late grandma's house has an apple tree that still gives nice small tart green cooking apples, but it's hardly enough or the type to make cider out of :stick_out_tongue:. I use to eat them all the time and give myself a bellyache :3

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
does anyone still even _have_ a cider mill nearby? :smile:
I do. Its more of an apple orchord than a cider mill though. They sell everything from pies to apples donuts, to apple cider to just plain apples. They also have the best tasting apple cider slushies

Redsonga

Reaction score
*shrugs* Not really. It's sort of out of the way, because the town is opposite it.
I live in the middle of nowhere, trust me, across from town is near for me :wink:. And your still very lucky to even have one to go to at all IMHO:sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
But back to Halloween...Does anybody recall those few years when Halloween felt like Christmas, because it actually snowed on the holiday?
Nope, I live in California,if we got that I think the world would be ending *lol*:coy: We get frost, but that isn't really the same thing:embarrassed:...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hmm... where I was growing up, it rarely snowed (and if it did, it was only a few inches... NOTHING like the snow where I live now :stick_out_tongue:). Although it could get pretty chilly, so sometimes you had to put on a coat or put sweats under your costume, which DEFEATED the purpose of a costume in the first place XP

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Nope, I live in California,if we got that I think the world would be ending *lol*:coy: We get frost, but that isn't really the same thing:embarrassed:...
LOL amen to that sistah! XD Snow on Halloween. HA. That's like.... h*** freezing over......