Halloween is just around the corner

Redsonga

Reaction score
Again, being an adult doesn't have to mean not being true to yourself. That is up to you. You can still be yourself, it's just adding some things. That's a positive and realistic way of viewing it.
But the labels immature are often linked to things we do and like which are true parts of ourselves that others say we have to grow out of. What they don't understand is that, while we are grown those things we hold dear are not baby ideals but things that are solid parts of our character, as much as their whatever 'mature' thing they believe is to them :stick_out_tongue:.

And just so you know, I have never been realistic :wink:.

Nobody has it easy. There are better places, but there are no "good places." Everyone's life is difficult. But we grow as a human being so we can learn how to do our little part to improve the world. Growing up is just that child learning even more ways to make an impact. If you remain independent and true to yourself, nothing can take that away. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Honestly I don't think we're disagreeing that much.
Maybe not to you, but it does not take much for me to call another place good in comparison to here, trust me. My expectations? Very low. How low you ask? When I first got my nice clean apartment I could not stop hugging the carpet for most of the first week. If there is carpet, I can dress up on Halloween, and people (not everyone, just one or two) like me it is a good place in my book:smile:.

How odd. I was thinking of going as the B-man himself this year! XD
I still want to be Lydia but I really had my heart set on the spiderweb cape :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And just so you know, I have never been realistic :wink:.
Me neither. And I don't care what people think. I use my own definition of being an adult (childlike innocence and all) and I don't let labels or peer pressure stop me.

Maybe not to you, but it does not take much for me to call another place good in comparison to here, trust me.
I don't know your situation, but you don't know mine either. I won't assume I understand yours fully, and I except the same from you. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Me neither. And I don't care what people think. I use my own definition of being an adult (childlike innocence and all) and I don't let labels or peer pressure stop me.
That's good :smile:.

I don't know your situation, but you don't know mine either. I won't assume I understand yours fully, and I except the same from you. :smile:
Oh, I wasn't saying I did, I was just saying that there is such a thing as a 'good place' to me, because of what I have to compare one to :embarrassed:. There may not be such a thing as a good place to everyone, but as far as my own scale goes I have places I think are good...IRL I'm actually very the glass is half full about things...I just get depressed a lot...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, I wasn't saying I did, I was just saying that there is such a thing as a 'good place' to me, because of what I have to compare one to :embarrassed:. There may not be such a thing as a good place to everyone, but as far as my own scale goes I have places I think are good...IRL I'm actually very the glass is half full about things...I just get depressed a lot...
Oh yeah, I wasn't really trying to be negative. It was more that I was just saying everyone has problems. You can get out of a bad area and that will solve many problems (and there are far too many bad areas in the world). But there will always be other problems to deal with. Everyone has to deal with peer pressure and labels and uncertain futures. That doesn't mean we have no choice in life. It's still up to you how you lead your life. :smile:

I have it pretty good, but I get depressed a lot too. In many ways I'm glad I'm older and more independent. But I'm also glad I haven't given up my innocence. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really love these discussions guys, they're always interesting!

I have to go now but Happy Halloween! :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I really love these discussions guys, they're always interesting!

I have to go now but Happy Halloween! :wink:
Happy Halloween! :excited:

Did anyone notice all the Halloween cards? I think I will send one to my daddy...
It seems like they have a card for everything nowadays:coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm afraid my Halloween avatars this year are a bit too esoteric. I'm still going with the salute to Graveyard Kitaro, though.

So far, last week I had Ratman (too bad it was so dark) and this week, I have Kitaro's Father... who's basically just an eyeball that sprouted arms and legs... in a hot tub... which is really a tea cup. I couldn't get a better picture of it, though. Rest assured, it's a pretty iconic scene, I'm led to understand.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've seen that eyeball man somewhere before....

I've decided at least if nothing else I will cut a pure black or red full size cape to be Lydia this year :3

Redsonga

Reaction score
I miss the old Disney and Nick at Night *sigh* Most of all on Halloween, Nick use to be creepy :smile:! (In a good way)