Halloween is just around the corner

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh I've never been to Disney Land or Disney World but I really hope to experience the Haunted Mansion someday!
Definitely check it out! It still unnerves me even after all these years XD

Speaking of Nick, I swear there used to be a special they aired every year where Marc Summers and a group of kids found themselves in a creepy old mansion where the people inside did magic tricks and such. But I can't remember the name :x

Redsonga

Reaction score
Old School Nick was so hip and sophisticated and sorely missed. I really should buy the Pete and Pete DVDs at some point!
The funny thing is that old Nick never felt like it was talking down to me or trying to sell me something, it was just good storytelling IMHO :smile:. It really did feel made just for us :frown:. Now it is hard to tell who Nick is for..it does not feel like a just for kids network anymore..it feels more..mass marketed:sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The funny thing is that old Nick never felt like it was talking down to me or trying to sell me something, it was just good storytelling IMHO :smile:. It really did feel made just for us :frown:. Now it is hard to tell who Nick is for..it does not feel like a just for kids network anymore..it feels more..mass marketed:sympathy:
Oh for sure, it gave off such an easy going, rebel aura. It truly was a network unto itself. Everything was Nick. Now it's got some good shows, but there's less of that "Nick pride."

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Anybody planning to go to a cider mill to get their pumpkins? Or do grocery stores and "off the road" stands suit you just fine? :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This year i have the perfect Haloween costum! I work at wal mart so I'm going to dress up as a Taget Enployee! Woka Woka

Davina

Reaction score
does anyone still even _have_ a cider mill nearby? :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've never even been to one in my whole life :frown:

Davina

Reaction score
pretty sure we don't have a single one up here in Alaska... might have had one back when I lived in Nebraska or Idaho.. but.. we always just grew our own...

tried that this year, but we had really whacky wet weather all summer and they drown... :frown:
so did the watermelons.. :frown:

we have such a short growing season up here anyway, it's hard to do much for a cider mill... or much real farming.. heck, today, first snowfall! :smile: we'll see how much sticks...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I've never even been to one in my whole life :frown:
Awww... not even a pumpkin farm or patch? :frown: You should someday, if you can. It's all part of the Halloween experience for me.

Maybe it's a Midwest thing? :confused: