1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Happy 30th Anniversary Fraggle Rock!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Walter, Jan 10, 2013.

1. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I didn't know you can sing it in Espanol. :electric: But yeah, happy 30th indeed! I wanna plan a BIG party!:smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited:

2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I can also sing in other languages, too.

Entrez dans la danse. (clap, clap)
    Les soucis n'ont pas de chance.
    La musique commence. (clap, clap)
    Ca c'set Fraggle Rock.

Sing und schwing das Bein, (clap, clap)
    Lass die Sorgen Sorgen sein.
    In das Lied stimm ein, (clap, clap)
    Froh nach Fraggle-Art.

Anceday youray arescay awayay. (clap, clap)
    Orriesway orfay anotheryay ayday.
    Etlay ethay usicmay ayplay (clap, clap)
    Ownday atyay Agglefray Ockray.
    (Incase you're wondering what the language is, it's in Pig Latin.)

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Let's see...French, German, Pig Latin???:confused:That's notta real language to translate! You're gonna make pigs upset everywhere!:mad:
    Anyway, one of my younger sisters is good at French, and boy, was she surprised when I showed her that French title version I found from the Season 2 Bonus Disc!:)My older sister also got to hear samples of other languages when I showed that 1987 behind-the-scenes video I have on Season 1 Bonus Disc.
    Hey, can anyone translate the theme in Japanese? I don't think it's happened before, but it would be interesting to hear it in Japanese. Put it in Romanization, s'il vous plait. I can read the kana, but the kanji, not so much.:smirk:

4. FrackleFan2012

I don't know how to put Japanese lyrics because of its letters but the English translation to the Japanese version is this.

Dance. (clap, clap)
    Forget the bad stuff.
    In a big voice, (clap, clap)
    Let's Sing.

Work.
    Forget about dancing.
    We're always bright and happy.
    Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, RED!

Then, there's the repeat of the first verse at the end followed by Boober saying "Begin" twice.

Does that help?

5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

:wisdom: Romanization means to put in the pronunciations in the form of Romantic letters, like ai (love), neko (cat), kagi (key), hi-i (yes), and Pikachu (no wait, that's the same in English!) I understand if you can't read the kana and kanji. It's hard for me to read kanji, having hundreds and hundreds of them...
    Hey guys! Whose knows other ways to translate the theme song, like Swedish?:hungry:It'll be awesome for this thread!
    :sing:All around the world...:sing:

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  6. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I have All Around the World song already. It is as good as any other Fraggle Rock song I have. It's true that we lost our Jerrys and Miss Diane, but still I LOVE Fraggle Rock. The song is saved in my email account thank goodness.

Truth be told! Without Fraggle Rock, there would be no Gobo, Wembley, Red, Mokey, or Boober.

Otherwise, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FRAGGLE ROCK!

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. Twisted Tails

Hey everyone! Here's the good and the bad news. The good news is well I am listening to the first season songs. The bad news? I cannot watch the second episode called "Wembley & The Gorgs. What gives? This is also the episodes where Wembley becomes really smart. Ugh! It's not fair!

Reminder - Don't forget that April 22nd is Earth Day.

8. FrackleFan2012

Aww.. Why can't you watch "Wembley & The Gorgs"?

9. Twisted Tails

Because I don't have the Fraggle Rcok - the Complete First Season DVD set and Youtube videos are down. What gives? :sigh:

10. FrackleFan2012

11. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Thanks for the notice, Knatchman! I had no idea 'bout that! :coy:
    By the way, I'm still waiting for other translations for the theme song. I'd read Spanish, French, German, please no Pig Latin again! :mad: Right now, I'm anticipating Japanese (Romanji), Russian, and Swedish. :hungry: C'mon, bring on the party!!

13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well then, happy 30th anniversary debut in Canada, Fraggle Rock!

14. bknatchbull

bknatchbull Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 and theSHE124 like this.
  15. Twisted Tails

Whew! I finally found the episode, "The Preachification of Convincing John" on YouTube. I thought it took forever, but I didn't give up.

Note that this episode aired on Feb. 14th of 83.

Enjoy and have a happy "Vallen Tine" day.

theSHE124 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  16. FrackleFan2012

Wow! Great job on finding that one. I thought that episode wouldn't be up on Youtube anymore. It's a great thing that user didn't use the words "Fraggle Rock" as tags.

17. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

That episode, on a Valumtimes Day??I had no idea! :flirt:
    Plus, there's that one tune I first heard from the Fraggle Storybook. Good times, good times...:dreamy:
    Hey! Since this is a thread for the 30th anniversary, I gotta good question: What's your favorite FR moment that you'll still remember even 30 years from now? Don't hurry on your answer, take your time...:sleep:

18. Twisted Tails

Whoa! That's a good question, but I don't want to answer quickly and respond by making it snappy. My favorite would have to be the funeral dirge song also known as "Dixie Wailin'" I will say that Phil and Dennis have wrote some pretty good songs for the Fraggles.

Again, I LOVE Boober's reactions. Also, great vocal performance from Jerry's Gobo. Yeah, that right, I am talking about Gobo, er... sort of, but love love this song.

theSHE124 likes this.
  19. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Slight output malfunction, but now I'm back here to continue this thread. Anyway, the Hub is gonna celebrate FR30th next week! It's true, I've seen the commercial. Check it out, yo! :excited:

20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Im excited its almost here! :)

theSHE124 likes this.