1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Happy 30th Anniversary Fraggle Rock!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Walter, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jonnytbird

jonnytbird Member

I love Fraggle Rock and I'm glad it's their 30th anniversary! I was really surprised that they were reunited in that Ben Folds Five video last year. Now I hope that we see more Fraggles in new action for the remainder of the year. I'd really love to see them make some special appearances on some shows promoting their series collection or their new book.

You cannot leave the magic.

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Special website:

http://www.fragglerock30.com/

There's a special "classic music collection" coming soon, which sounds nice; I hope it has songs that aren't ones already on albums (and are the actual studio recordings and not the Special SS Xmas route, using the actual episode audio.)

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the String Doll Gang lineup and the Fraggle Rock Collector's Book. I wished the Fraggle Rock wesbsite had character biographies, as well as playable online games, wallpapers, and screensavers.

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, semi-related to that, I'd just love someone to post a clip of Uncle Matt from the Japanese Fraggle Rock dub. I hear he's voiced by the late Junpei Takiguchi, also the same voice actor as Dokurobei-sama from Yatterman. What a difference in character that is.

Sounds like they have some good stuff lined up, but too bad PVC collectibles or figures aren't one of them. And I wish that they'd have physical trading cards instead of virtual ones. But that coffee table book and that Music collection sound great.

theSHE124 and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  5. FrackleFan2012

Yeah. I would like to hear Japanese Uncle Matt, Majory, Philo, Gunge, and Cotterpin as well. I wonder if the whole series of Fraggle Rock was dubbed in Japanese, including the animated series.

theSHE124 likes this.
  6. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

You're right! I checked out the website and yeah it a work in progress. Oh brother! If those Internet geeks ndidn't wemble so much, I could of found out the biography of those characters... oooh and games. I love games! Bwhahaha!

7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Cool looking page, though the order of when the things are coming out is a bit all over the place. Fraggle playing cards are pretty random but cool.

8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Um...wow. That page is...well, confusing. It reminds me of 1996 Geocities, when everybody and their sisters made fan sites by uploading dozens of photos that everyone had already seen because they were already on every other site. How am I supposed to interpret the "Coming in [month]" blocks? Do they apply to everything coming after them when read left to right, top to bottom, until you come to another? If so, then the "Coming in December" for the Cafepress shop must refer to last December, as I just received some shirts from them last week. And why is there a "Coming in October" when the very next block is "Coming in November?" Why are the months in random order? And...oh forget it.

Sorry if I seem fussy and nitpicky, but it's poor web design that makes you look at a site and wonder what it's all about, and poor web design makes a site a poor tool for communicating its message to visitors. Maybe someone will come in and sift through that disorganized heap of image blocks so I'll get more out of it than "This stuff is coming out sometime in the future, unless it's already out."

9. FrackleFan2012

10. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I'm old enough, but this is much too soon for me! :sigh: Besides, L.A. is a world away from me. We need a Fraggle Rock party this side of the Mississippi, and I know just where...:busy:

11. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I keep calling the 30th Fraggle Rock Anniversary- 30 Rock.

Someone's gotta do that for the new Threadless contest! :laugh:

12. Twisted Tails

30 Rock, eh? Well, there used to be a show called, "30 Rock.". but you're right Mitcheel. I will call this anniversary 39 rock, because for me the number 40 rocks. O better be sure I am confusinf you or FrackleFan for this matter.

13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Mad Magazine gives out goodie packs, mostly books and DVDs, to the people whose letters are printed in their magazine. This month the goodies include the Meet the Fraggles DVD due out on May 14. The blurb even mentioned the street date. How's that for cross-promotion?

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. FrackleFan2012

Wow! That's great. I can't wait for that. :)

15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That was actually the reason why I kept getting mixed up. :laugh:
    I'm a huge fan of the show 30 Rock. So I kept getting confused with two of my favorite shows. :)

16. Twisted Tails

HI GUYS! Sorry, I was wrong to shout! Guess what I found! This time, it's Majory, the Trash Heap. The quote I really loved was, "You cannot leave the magic."

Here's the videos so far:

Well, that is all of those new clips. So, remember Majory is the all-knowing Trash Heap, full of wisdom and an oracle. Happy Fraggle Friday, FR fans.

theSHE124 likes this.
  17. Twisted Tails

Hello again! I have discovered a video of Traveling Matt and Cotterpin Doozer. This was aired like 20 years ago.

18. FrackleFan2012

Nice video find! :busy:

Twisted Tails likes this.