Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

Gonzo

Reaction score
...Can't wait for this one to come out.

I even dressed up as Harry for Halloween three years ago. Geek.

Yeah, I cried in Book Four too, and I'm sure I will in Book Five, no matter who bites it. Because she writes very well and I'm a big fat baby.

For whoever was asking about the length of Book Five, it's only about 100 pages longer than Book Four.

BUUUUT,

the publishers reduced the size of the font to keep the book under 1,000 pages long. If they hadn't done that, Book Five would have been around 1200 - 1300 pages long.

Which is fine with me. If it's going to be another 2 - 3 years before Book Six, I'll need something to tide me over.

Man, I wish I wasn't stuck at work, I want to go read Book Four again!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i wish i had that option, my sis's bf had them, so stupid me thought that i didnt have to own them. "just read his" my mind said, "you dont need to own them". and now, dont you know it, i dont have any money and cant but them for myself. however, i WILL buy book 5 on June 21!

:crazy: :zany: :big_grin: :smile: :excited:

wockawocka

Reaction score
I heard the rumors about Ron, but they better not be true! :mad:
Seriously, because Ron is my favorite character in the Harry Potter books, and he's one of the main characters, so how could she kill him?! You don't kill main characters in books, I mean, until the end, and there are still two books left. All I know is that I might have to protest if she kills Ron. :attitude:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much, killing protaganists is usually a faux pas.

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i wonder if it will be Dumdledoor, seeing how Richard Harris died recently. it hurt me sooo much when i found out that he died. he was a wonderful actor, and he was exactly how i imagened Dumbledoor.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I don't think it will be Dumbledore because he's just too important. And I doubt Richard Harris' death had anything to do with it because she's has had everything planned out since the beginning. She was in the process of writing book 5 i'm sure when he died. And you're right, I was watching "Soceror's Stone" this morning and he really was a perfect Dumbledore!:cry:

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
i don't think it will be Ron either. but there is the apparent 'truth' that he (Ron) actually makes the Griffendor Qudditch team.

and i agree about Richard Harris' excellent portrayal of Dumbledore (from King Arthur to a master Wizard, pure magic)...and apparently his role has already be recast....and Gary Oldam (i'm not sure how you spell it. he was Zorg in "5th Element" is going to play Sirius)

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
well, who ever it is that dies i know that i will not be prepared for it. i just get to emotional over these things.

about Sirius: i know that this sounds weird but i always pictured him as Strider off of LOTR. i know, he's not british and isnt the part but thats the way my imagination saw him.

yes, i know i'm insane....................................................

and i cant spell,.........................

oh well, what can you do?

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
yes. i think your right. Mr. Oldman seems a little...i dunno. old to be playing Sirius.. i always saw him as a bit younger. i think he may be better suited to play a member of Slytherin..maybe one of the Malfoys

So far...the new cast members are said to be:
Michael Gambon = Dumbledore
David Thewlis = Professor Lupin
Sally Mortemore = Madame Pince
Pam Ferris = Aunt Marge
Gary Oldman = Sirius Black
Paul Whitehouse = Sir Cadogan
Timothy Spall = Peter Pettigrew

electricmayhem

Reaction score
The picture I saw of Gary Oldman as Sirrius looked pretty good I thought. And I hope David Thewlis does a good job with Lupin because he's one of my favorite characters!