Harry Potter and the Pure-Blooded Prince

Whatever

Reaction score
This thread anticipates the release of the newest Harry Potter book in only a few days! I'll be one of those at the bookstore to buy my copy at midnight!
Everyone in my family wants to read it first, but I think I have better dibs because I'm leaving a week after its release.
Harry Potter fans unite!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'm very very excited for the new book. My wife and I read them outloud, so I'll have to work to avoid spoilers online because it takes us a while to get through them. Still, so excited to have a new Potter book with new characters and voices to work on! :smile:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
What's really cool for me is that my mommy is a librarian (well... more like a clerk) anyway, im # 18 on a list of 200, because they started putting holds on the computer as soon as it was announced its title like a year or so ago. so... yeay!! :big_grin:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yeah, Harry potter and the half-blooded Prince is much anticipated. I am highly looking forward to reading this book.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Crikey, we have to get a book each because the fella can't bear for me to read it first but he is a mega-slow reader. I finished the last book before he was half way through, we'd be sat there on an evening and every five minutes he'd go "What page are you on now?" it got a little annoying after a while!

That Announcer

Reaction score
I am one of the five or so people in the universe that is not that excited about the new book. I read REALLY fast and I like fantasy, but Potter has never appealed to me. I don't know why...

luvtosr

Reaction score
I was determined not to like HP and managed to stave it off for a few years but now I do really enjoy it, I'd say there are definitely better kids/adults books around - The Chronicles of Narnia and His Dark Materials trilogy come to mind but I can get on quite well with Harry.

That Announcer

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
I was determined not to like HP and managed to stave it off for a few years but now I do really enjoy it, I'd say there are definitely better kids/adults books around - The Chronicles of Narnia and His Dark Materials trilogy come to mind but I can get on quite well with Harry.
Personally, my favorite is the severely underrated Molly Moon series. I do not read a lot of "kids' books" so to speak, mostly I'm into music history books and comics. Sci-fi to a degree, but not quite as much as the other two.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I read the first 4 books then bought the fifth but never fully read it.. Im currently in the middle of it.. awesome book..

I just got out of it for a while but now I suddenly found interest in it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I'm very very excited for the new book. My wife and I read them outloud, so I'll have to work to avoid spoilers online because it takes us a while to get through them. Still, so excited to have a new Potter book with new characters and voices to work on! :smile:
That's very cool. I read the first four books to my brother. Didn't read the fifth for some reason; he didn't seem that interested at that point. But it definitely can be fun! Hagrid wears out my voice super fast!!
Erin