Harry Potter and the Pure-Blooded Prince

Whatever

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
You read it in 3 hours? Wow..
Thanks. Not to brag, but I read faster than anyone I know. It comes in handy.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Whatever said:
We went home, and I read and read and read. I finished reading the 652 page book by 3:45 AM! It took me about 3 hours 15 minutes! I am so good!

Impressive. Most impressive.

:smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I did anticipate going at midnight(some B&N stores were open then).I bought my HP book at Target,at 8 a.m. & Barnes and Noble opened at 9 a.m. I was technically the first person in the store to grab a HP book(not the first buyer though,I did do some other shopping).Began to read it a few hours later.It does have a dark beginning,looking forward to more HP magic.My fav. HP books so far are: Sorcerer's Stone & Goblet of Fire.The other books have been long forgotten,only watching the films have reminded me of what the plot lines are(that's how complex the series is).I'm looking forward to the movie Goblet of Fire,later on in the year.

*gathers papers together*

<bows>

luvtosr

Reaction score
*Applauds*

I don't have my copy yet but then I don't have time to read it anyway. 'S'odd though, seeing you write The Sorcerer's Stone when to me it's The Philosopher's Stone. :smirk:

That Announcer

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
*Applauds*

I don't have my copy yet but then I don't have time to read it anyway. 'S'odd though, seeing you write The Sorcerer's Stone when to me it's The Philosopher's Stone. :smirk:
Yeah, we have "Philosopher's Stone" in Canada as well. Scholastic must have thought most Americans were real idiots to have changed the name (and, for that matter, the cover)!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
And Raincoast prints on only ancient-forest friendly paper.

I'm still not done. I'm on chapter 22, I think. Slowly working through!! I've been reading most of the day...

Whoops, pressed enter before I meant to. But yup, I went to a Potter party yesterday! Did anyone go in costume? I went as Luna. I tied my hair up all messily, wore these hideous purple clear plastic grape earrings, a green beaded necklace (I didn't have time to make one out of corks), a multi-coloured tie hanging all loose with a shirt buttoned up improperly, a black plaid skirt with knee-high christmas socks, and a home-made issue of The Quibbler. I was a proper mess. ^_^ Oh, and a chopstick/wand behind my left ear. I should have taken pictures... a friend of mine went as Rosmerta the barmaid, another as McGonagall, and another as Tonks, and another as a Death Eater.

luvtosr

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Yeah, we have "Philosopher's Stone" in Canada as well. Scholastic must have thought most Americans were real idiots to have changed the name (and, for that matter, the cover)!
I don't get it because the alchemical myth is actually the Philosopher's Stone unless it does have a different name in the US (anyone?)

One thing I do like about the HP books is how so much ties in with real mythology and history and how a lot of the names are so cleverly worked out (a prime example being Sirius Black - Sirius being the Dog Star 'n' all.)

That Announcer

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
I don't get it because the alchemical myth is actually the Philosopher's Stone unless it does have a different name in the US (anyone?)

One thing I do like about the HP books is how so much ties in with real mythology and history and how a lot of the names are so cleverly worked out (a prime example being Sirius Black - Sirius being the Dog Star 'n' all.)
The myth is the Philosopher's Stone. But, I guess the States' publisher must have thought that 1) they didn't know what the Philosopher's Stone was, and 2) they wouldn't care if the name was changed. I own both the US and Canadian copies, and the title and cover aren't the only things changed...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The store where I worked up till June had a big shebang, and I really wanted to go, but it was the weekend of my family reunion so I was out of town. I guess I could have skipped the reunion... Oh well. I hate that everything always seems to happen at once. I didn't start reading it until a couple weeks later. I wanted to heighten the anticipation. Just finished it last night, and it was excellent. I hope we don't have to wait toooo long for the seventh.
Erin